SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    So I shot P250 for the first time. I didn't hate it all.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

So I shot P250 for the first time. I didn't hate it all. Login/Join 
Picture of was0311
posted
Interesting opportunity, one of those events were you show up, pick a gun and shoot all you want.

One was a P250, I had not fired one before. So gave it a shot and about 150 more.

It took about 10 shots at 10 yards to understand how it shoots. Pushed the targets outs, weird, on a slow pull the gun seems to flex, it just felt that way. But wherever I pointed the front sight bullets went.

Very consistent, repeatable, shooting.

Posts: 2654 | Location: Eastern NE | Registered: July 12, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I like it too.

Posts: 17121 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I am not
posted Hide Post
I liked the the 45 full size that I got for 199 bucks but i ended up getting rid of it when I went to all 9mm at the time

Posts: 7791 | Location: Bismarck ND | Registered: February 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
Kind of hate that I let mine go... was a nice pistol for double action only... nice smooth long trigger pull crisp trip.... but a good friend needed a pistol with a laser on it and I had put one on my p250... traded it for a Berreta 92 'compact'... that's a joke.... which just sits in the safe....

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
A guy decided to buy my brother's red 1985 Chevy Stepside. It had the (one year only carbureted & HEI) 4.3l V6 and Bro said he would keep the engine because the guy was going to put a 350 in it anyway.

He told me that if I would take the 4.3l out, he would give me a P250 for my efforts.

I liked the P250 and the versatility that it allows. Shot it a lot and I liked it. A friend of mine liked it too. He wanted to know if I would trade him a Gen2 Glock 22 for it. Being the only way I could get a Glock without the finger grooves at the time, I traded the P250 for it.

The P250 is a good one to have. It never gave me any problems. I wouldn't hesitate to buy another if the opportunity presented itself.

The 4.3l is now worth more than the truck.

Posts: 9112 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1KPerDay
posted Hide Post
I really liked the one I shot. But I like DAO triggers and revolvers. Particularly for defensive use. Best trigger for that IMO.

---------------------------
My hovercraft is full of eels.

Posts: 3184 | Registered: February 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Cobra21
posted Hide Post
Yup, me too. Have one in my day-hike/trail bag. Can share mags with the 320 that rests in my small SD bag of necessary. And if I loose it, oh well, pretty inexpensive to replace if you can find one.

I'm a fan of DAO (now). Like most, I hated it in the beginning. I decided to commit to shooting DAO well, so, I'd take my DA/SA 220, 2022, etc. to the range and only shoot DA for 50-100 rounds, de-cocking with every shot...lo' and behold, after numerous trips, and Jerry's & Bruce's articles & vids I figured it out.

I also have 224 DAK that I really like too!

Risk the consequences of honesty...

Posts: 4498 | Location: DFW, TX | Registered: December 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My 250s are still among my favorite guns. I carried a subcompact 250 in 45 ACP for about a year or so until a lighter, smaller gun (sig 938) came along and took its place. But, the 250 will always have a warm place in my heart.

Posts: 393 | Location: Florida Gulf Coast | Registered: October 17, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A couple of years ago, I was in an informal shooting contest with some Cops. They were all Glock armed and laughed and laughed at my 250.
Until I came in second place and within 2 shots of top dog.
I sold my 9mm but still have my .40 and .45 Compacts.
Just learn the trigger!

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16005 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
Liked the gun. Hated the rear sight.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37083 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It is my belief that the P250 would be a better cop gun than the P320. Possibly even better than a Glock, or other striker fired guns.

Posts: 525 | Location: Texas | Registered: September 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do the next
right thing
Picture of bobtheelf
posted Hide Post
I got a 250 about 7 years ago. I'm still pulling the trigger and the shot hasn't broken yet. Razz

It actually had a great trigger that was smooth and not too heavy, it was just too long for my preference.

Posts: 3657 | Location: Nashville | Registered: July 23, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
First Sig was a P250 9mm Compact, they had just been released and the Big LGS had their show with reps from Sig, bunch on the table so I dropped the coin.

Had a lot of issues, wouldn't cycle after a few rounds, tossed it in the safe, then sent to Sig who fixed it, then traded it in, no trust.

Saw another one in the used case, P250 in .380 and paid $200 for it, couldn't pass it up. Took it for one range session worked fine, tossed it back in it's box. I need to get it out and shoot the thing.

Posts: 23244 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Every day is New Year's Day
for Calendar Boy!

Oh, and I'm BANNED
posted Hide Post
The P250 has the best double action trigger pull I've ever felt, and that includes custom DA Revolvers.

I have a Compact 9mm and a Full sized 45 Caliber X-change Kit.

The P250 allows for a change from the smaller calibers to 45 where the P320 does not for whatever reason.

Just think of my P250 9mm as a 15 shot revolver.

I also have a P226 DAK in 40. It's very good too.

I've had a S&W 3rd Gen DAO 9mm and it linda sucked. I had sworn off DAO pistols until I tried a P250.

My P250 would not be my first choice for a carry gun but I wouldn't feel terrible carrying it either.

Posts: 1045 | Registered: September 06, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just Hanging Around
posted Hide Post
I bought a sub compact in 2011. Cabela's had a sale, and for the price I thought I'd get one.

Turns out, I really like it, and I've never thought about getting rid of it. I don't mind the trigger, it's accurate, reliable, and simple. No safeties, no decocker, just point and pull the trigger. Even someone who doesn't have much gun experience can make it go.

I wish I'd gotten one of the .22s before they disappeared.

Posts: 3220 | Location: NE Kansas | Registered: February 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
As noted, its a 12-17 round revolver. I've stoned a few places on the trigger bar, hammer and fcu frame with an extra-fine ceramic stone, and it is REALLY nice.

I've owned a few Sigs, but the 250 is the only one I kept. I never liked the DA/SA transition on the 22x series, but I love a good trigger!

Posts: 51 | Registered: August 22, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
for Calendar Boy!

Oh, and I'm BANNED
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rob1972:

I've owned a few Sigs, but the 250 is the only one I kept. I never liked the DA/SA transition on the 22x series, but I love a good trigger!

I never did understand why some have issues with a DA/SA trigger. It never was a problem for me. So much so I scratch my head when people say it's a problem for them. Sorry.

posted Hide Post
Obviously, training & familiarity plays a significant part. Consistency in operation will always be faster for the majority of shooters, i.e., straight SA or striker fired will be faster, and (generally) more accurate in follow up, than DA/SA. A really long DA can't keep up.

If you're a dedicated Beretta of Sig shooter, with some trigger work, and several thousand rounds down range, sure, you can run your tool.

I have waaaaaayy more rounds through Glock than anything else. I have 2 DAO revolvers that I enjoy(but only right around 600 rounds through one of them, maybe 150 through the other), and so the P250 is a nice auto, that fits in with my training base.

Posts: 51 | Registered: August 22, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
for Calendar Boy!

Oh, and I'm BANNED
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rob1972:
Obviously, training & familiarity plays a significant part. Consistency in operation will always be faster for the majority of shooters, i.e., straight SA or striker fired will be faster, and (generally) more accurate in follow up, than DA/SA. A really long DA can't keep up.

If you're a dedicated Beretta of Sig shooter, with some trigger work, and several thousand rounds down range, sure, you can run your tool.

I have waaaaaayy more rounds through Glock than anything else. I have 2 DAO revolvers that I enjoy(but only right around 600 rounds through one of them, maybe 150 through the other), and so the P250 is a nice auto, that fits in with my training base.

I shoot Glocks too and they are great guns but I think a Glock trigger is just as bad as a DA trigger. Shooting Glocks is almost like shooting a DAO. Shooting Glocks well is a learning curve of maintaining proper trigger cotrol through the entire trigger pull.

I enjoy shooting all kinds of guns and I'd like to think I can shoot just about everything reasonably well. 1911s through my P290. Shoot 'em all, learn 'em all.