SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Sig P365 Safety, Decocker or none???
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sig P365 Safety, Decocker or none??? Login/Join 
Picture of JKMorgan
posted
I've watched the Sig video,U tube and Sig specs, Make it easy for me. The question above "YES or NO"

Patience, Tolerance and Integrity are the fundamentals of Life......."Live Them!"

Posts: 76 | Location: northern Illinois | Registered: August 19, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm just preparing my
impromptu remarks
posted Hide Post
NO

It's a striker-fired pistol with no external safety. Like the P320.

Posts: 331 | Location: PA | Registered: May 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JKMorgan
posted Hide Post
not even a glock type trigger safety? just like my wheel guns?

Patience, Tolerance and Integrity are the fundamentals of Life......."Live Them!"

Posts: 76 | Location: northern Illinois | Registered: August 19, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They will probably offer with a manual safety later in the year. But the current version has a firing pin block as most modern semi-autos do. No trigger dingus or grip safety.

------------------------------------------------
Charter member of the vast, right-wing conspiracy

Posts: 1858 | Registered: June 25, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Take the risk or
lose the chance
posted Hide Post
deleted.

----------------------------------------
“The further a society drifts from truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.”

Posts: 1475 | Location: RR12 | Registered: February 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of EasyFire
posted Hide Post
To my students, I always recommend a safety on any gun that will be carried in a pocket or purse.

Children even toddlers sometimes have amazing hand strength and with a curious nature rummaging in purses and pant pockets, I feel it is dangerous to leave a ready to fire pistol available.

YMMV

EasyFire [AT] zianet.com
----------------------------------
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
Colorado Concealed Handgun Permit Instructor
Nationwide Agent for >
US LawShield > https://www.texaslawshield.com...p.php?promo=ondemand
CCW Safe > www.ccwsafe.com/CCHPI

Posts: 1441 | Location: Denver Area Colorado | Registered: December 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
No issues carrying a Shield or Glock in my pocket for years. They're always in a holster that covers the trigger that stays in the pocket when drawing. I will do the same with the 365. No safety needed.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 7990 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm in the minority here, but I'd prefer to have a manual safety. I get the whole "half second counts" argument, but I can't shake off the "measure twice, cut once" mentality either.

Posts: 279 | Location: Arlington, VA | Registered: March 11, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by EasyFire:
To my students, I always recommend a safety on any gun that will be carried in a pocket or purse.

Children even toddlers sometimes have amazing hand strength and with a curious nature rummaging in purses and pant pockets, I feel it is dangerous to leave a ready to fire pistol available.

YMMV

I agree with this 100%.

I wish more people agreed with your (our) views.

---------------------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
quote:

I too agree with this. There are situations where a safety makes sense such as those cited by EasyFire. If I acquire a p365 I don't think I'd feel restricted if it has a safety.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There are options for guns that do not have a manual safety such as a small kydex trigger cover. When I owned a Glock 19, that was a very comforting solution for me. One example, but there are some that are more sophisticated.

https://www.amazon.com/Trigger...istols/dp/B017CPJ5S8

Posts: 210 | Registered: February 17, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Udo
posted Hide Post
Trigger cover on my 43 keeps me happy, I sure I'll be happy with the P365 the same way.

Posts: 1762 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: January 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
I've got a couple of the minimalist trigger guard covers but never felt comfortable carrying Mexican style with one of those. I'm sure its save but I can't get over it. A full kydex holster is another matter. And keep in mind, most striker fired guns (Glocks) experience ND while re holstering and cleaning. A safety won't help the cleaning part but with holstering it can't hurt. And yeah yeah, I hear you about how to be careful reholstering. Preach it but it still happens.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NavyGuy:
quote:

I too agree with this. There are situations where a safety makes sense such as those cited by EasyFire. If I acquire a p365 I don't think I'd feel restricted if it has a safety.

It makes sense to offer it with safety for those that may prefer it.

Now how about a da/sa hammer fired version of the p360? With decocker and no safety. That would be awesome offering for those who prefer or like da/sa guns. Even if it was a little larger but keep the width to approx 1" would be fine with me. Utilize the same type of magazines to maximize capacity in a small size.

Posts: 9 | Registered: February 03, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
Time for ol' vthoky to show his ignorance again...

Could a striker-fired pistol be built with a grip safety?

- - -

Aha! Looks like this is a common thing already. XD-s, anyone?

So. Could the P365 have been designed with a grip safety? Or is there something in the design that prevents that?

God bless America.

Posts: 13399 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cremaley
posted Hide Post
quote:

I say no!

Sig P320 X-Compact 9mm
Bul SAS 11 UL 9mm
US Army Veteran
NRA Member

"Remember the first rule of gunfighting...have a gun"-Jeff Cooper

Posts: 152 | Location: Alpharetta, Georgia. | Registered: June 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do No Harm,
Do Know Harm
posted Hide Post
The less to break, the better.

Not a fan of a safety on a carry or duty gun.

Knowing what one is talking about is widely admired but not strictly required here.

Although sometimes distracting, there is often a certain entertainment value to this easy standard.
-JALLEN

"All I need is a WAR ON DRUGS reference and I got myself a police thread BINGO." -jljones

Posts: 11441 | Location: NC | Registered: August 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not a fan of a thumb safety on a carry gun. Carried several without. One reason I like my Shield, IS its diminutive hard to operate (relatively) safety. I found handy uses for it. When its holstered and I'm carrying it is off and stays that way. For some administrative handling functions, I use it and appreciate it.

Posts: 1931 | Location: S.E. Michigan/Macomb County | Registered: October 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vthoky:
Time for ol' vthoky to show his ignorance again...

Could a striker-fired pistol be built with a grip safety?

- - -

Aha! Looks like this is a common thing already. XD-s, anyone?

So. Could the P365 have been designed with a grip safety? Or is there something in the design that prevents that?

Considering that the P365 is a clean sheet design that wasn't based off of any previous platform, SIG could've done anything they wanted, including incorporation of a XD-like grip safety. Not knowing the particulars on where they ultimately ended up (I haven't seen a 365 in person, let alone taken one down), at this point who knows for certain what kind of room there is to integrate in a grip safety.

But I doubt SIG would've done it even if it was easy to do. Everyone else and their mother has copied the Glock trigger lockup lever; even SIG showed examples early on with the pre-production 320. But come time to build the production guns, that action lockup lever is nowhere to be seen on 320s that came to market. I'd guess that SIG was this time too prideful to use someone else's idea (never mind what they did without permission with LWRC's intellectual content on the original 516 rifle). Of course had they done so and used the trigger lever, it would've spared them the embarrassment of their first striker being not completely drop safe, but that's beside the point.

Given their reluctance to mimic Glocks, I doubt SIG would use any mechanism that is so ingrained and linked to another company.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If the P365 has a trigger-bar without using a latch to keep the trigger-bar from moving unless the latch is de-activated by trigger finger, then the P365 is probably prone to fireing when dropped as is the original P320.

The use of a firing pin/striker block that is deactivated by a hump on the trigger-bar is not going to prevent discharge when dropped if the force causes the trigger-bar to move backward.

The apparent vanity to produce pistols that do not have trigger-bar latches speaks for itself.

The slightly larger Ruger LC9s Pro has a good trigger and trigger-bar latch with slightly longer barrel and is very slightly lighter.

Mac in Michigan

Posts: 504 | Location: Below the Bridge in Michigan | Registered: July 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post