SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    I think I might want a new pistol
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I think I might want a new pistol Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chongosuerte:
quote:
Originally posted by Paddy314:
I can relate. I get the itch to replace my PM9 every now and then. I tried the G43 and 938, ended up back with the Kahr. The glock is larger than the PM9 and the 938 didn't work for pocket carry.
I carried a SW 442 for many years in my pocket and on my ankle. The Kahr is just as reliable, just as powerful, easier to carry and carries more rounds.
I finally decided to stay with the Kahr and scratch the new pistol itch another way. The CZ P07 is great and I'm considering a P10C.

You know, my only issue with the PM9 is that the factory 6 round baseplates have sharp edges that quickly wear a hole in my pocket.

If that's my only gripe, after 10 years of carry...well dang lol

Is that something that can be corrected with an aftermarket baseplate or with file and sandpaper? It's been over a decade since I owned a Kahr (K9), but I don't see a need to replace a reliable firearm you seem to like.

Posts: 4579 | Location: Where ever Uncle Sam Sends Me | Registered: March 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
I have a couple of 9mm revolvers-Ruger LCR and S&W 940. I like them but my Kahr CM9 is way more practical for carry due to its flatness, capacity, and ease of fast reloading.

And the bullets don't pull out of the cases from recoil on a semiauto.

Posts: 26892 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do No Harm,
Do Know Harm
posted Hide Post
I think I have a solution.

My wife is about to get her CHP.

She needs a gun.

I think we will hit up a range and rent a G43 and a Sig 938. And maybe a S&W Big Grin

She doesn't like the stiffness of the slide of my Kahr, but she is comfortable with a Glock.

Two birds, one stone...I'll be like the guy that was posting about how he had bought his wife 4 guns for CCW... Wink Genius!

Knowing what one is talking about is widely admired but not strictly required here.

Although sometimes distracting, there is often a certain entertainment value to this easy standard.
-JALLEN

"All I need is a WAR ON DRUGS reference and I got myself a police thread BINGO." -jljones

Posts: 11448 | Location: NC | Registered: August 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by bb405:
I purchased both the Sig P938 Extreme and a Glock 43 in search of a weapon my wife would actually carry, she likes the Sig P232sl, but doesn't like the effort required to rack the slide, she likes the P938 but doesn't like the safety, she likes Glock 43 but doesn't like the lack of a safety. Perhaps some where there is a compromise. She also has a Bersa Thunder and I forget why she doesn't like it.

Wait. This man is a genius. That's four guns he was able to buy while tricking his wife into thinking they were actually for her LOL. Big Grin

May be part of the reason I want to get a G42 for my wife. If she ends up not liking it, I'll keep it for me. Win win.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15268 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Texagun
posted Hide Post
"My current pocket-carry is a Kahr PM9, over 10 years old. It does the trick, and I may not fully replace it."

You've already got the perfect gun for what you want. The Kahr PM9 is an excellent little pocket pistol.

Posts: 333 | Location: North Texas | Registered: March 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I own several Kahrs, but they're not superior to a Glock on any level. I've seldom seen so many problems with a firearm as with Kahr.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Texagun
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sns3guppy:
I own several Kahrs, but they're not superior to a Glock on any level. I've seldom seen so many problems with a firearm as with Kahr.

You're doing something wrong. I've never had any problems with my PM9 and it's the most accurate pocket pistol that I have. Comparing it to Glock is comparing apples to oranges. Why do you have so many Kahrs if you've had so many problems with them?

Posts: 333 | Location: North Texas | Registered: March 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of xl_target
posted Hide Post
quote:
I think I really want the Ruger LCR9, except for that it's a Ruger, it's made of plastic, and the length of pull is not optimal for my little Hobbit hands.

The caption on this photo says: "The Ruger LCR 9mm is about the same size as the Ruger LC9s semi-auto, which holds three more rounds and delivers less felt recoil."

image from Here.
There is a review of the LCR9 at the link.

Another tidbit from the review "It all comes down to physics. Sure, 9mm ammo has better ballistic performance than .38 special, and it has less recoil than .357 magnum. But don’t expect the recoil to feel like a small 9mm semi-auto like the Ruger LC9 or S&W Shield. Without the reciprocating slide of a semi-auto to distribute and soften the perception of recoil, the snap from a small 9mm revolver is no picnic."

Posts: 2322 | Registered: January 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
My Glock 42 has been far more problematic than any of the Kahr 9mm or .380 pistols I have carried. Glock has been through the 42 and replaced a bunch of stuff but it still occasionally fails to extract the empty case when it cycles. And it's so close in size to my CM9 that there's effectively no difference in my pocket.

Posts: 26892 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SigSentry
posted Hide Post
+1 on the lc9s. I picked up mine barely used. I imagine the original owner firing it for the first time and saying "nope". It's a little snap dragon with carry ammo but I'm used to it. Amazing trigger. Reliable. I'll carry owb or iwb depending on wardrobe but not pocket. I like the Ruger mag better than the Kahr's. It's hard to check off all the boxes on your first post but it hits the important ones for me. Good luck.

Posts: 3507 | Registered: May 30, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post