SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Sig 220 Compact 45 acp
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sig 220 Compact 45 acp Login/Join 
posted
I’ve been looking at a firearm online that states it is a Sig Compact 45acp, with a 3” barrel.
Everything I’ve read states the barrel on these models are 3.9”.
Were any possibly made with a shorter barrel ?
Thanks.

Posts: 4 | Location: Southeast Texas | Registered: May 20, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the help; I have tried that, plus writing Sig, but they’re very slow to answer.
Will keep checking around.

Posts: 4 | Location: Southeast Texas | Registered: May 20, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TikritTourist
posted Hide Post
If it's a P220 compact.... they never made one with a 3" barrel.

Tomorrow’s battle is won during today’s practice.
- Samurai maxim

Posts: 753 | Location: Northeast US | Registered: August 03, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So it might be 3.3” or 3.9 ?
I’ve tried to find some type of reference for Sig handguns, but have come up short.

posted Hide Post
typo

Posts: 2207 | Registered: October 17, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
3.9" has been the standard for SIG “compact” pistols like the P228 and P229.
I have never seen any authoritative reference to a SIG Classic line pistol with a 3" barrel.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47365 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
I replied and deleted it when I realized you were referring to a P220.

My reply was about the 'ultra compact' 1911, which was 3.3" and came in different calibers. Maybe that's what you found in your research?

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This is a stainless 220 listed on gunsinternational.
The listing is no longer there, but the 220 is listed as having a 3” barrel.
Would have posted the image but I just have a screenshot
https://www.gunsinternational....cfm?gun_id=101353356
This is the only Sig I could find with a 3” barrel.

Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
Picture of Modern Day Savage
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WEDIII:
This is a stainless 220 listed on gunsinternational.
The listing is no longer there, but the 220 is listed as having a 3” barrel.
Would have posted the image but I just have a screenshot
https://www.gunsinternational....cfm?gun_id=101353356
This is the only Sig I could find with a 3” barrel.

Your original post indicated you were interested in the barrel length of a SIG P220 Compact, however the Guns International ad you linked to is for a SIG 1911 Compact. Two completely different guns, however both chambered in .45 ACP.

Welcome to the forum. Smile

Posts: 7324 | Location: the Centennial state | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of M-Forgery
posted Hide Post
I have a P220 Compact SAS and P220 Compact SAO and both sport 3.9" barrels.

"The Hun is either at your throat or at your feet".
Winston Churchill

Posts: 377 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: December 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:
I’ve been looking at a firearm online that states it is a Sig Compact 45acp, with a 3” barrel.

If you're looking at it online, there should, I would think, be a picture of it. If it really has a three-inch barrel, it will be obviously short. Either one or both of you has your guns mixed up, or (if it really is a P220 Compact, not one of those ultra-short 1911s) 3" instead of the correct 3.9" is a typo.

Posts: 27834 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post