SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P228 range report (AKA 12131 is the best human on this planet) + Steyr M9A1
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P228 range report (AKA 12131 is the best human on this planet) + Steyr M9A1 Login/Join 
Picture of reloader-1
posted
Fellow member, 12131 is unbelievably generous and thanks to this karma:
P228 Free State Karma

Graciously sent me a CPO P228 in absolutely perfect condition in late January, without any compensation. I recently moved from Chicago to NW Arkansas with my very long-suffering wife, and am beyond happy to be in such a beautiful place.

I had intended to write this last weekend, but had to run to the emergency room twice for my wife (we are expecting in a few months, but all is well!). I just came back from the range, and the P228 was AWESOME!

So, full disclosure - the only SIGs I've ever owned/shot before were a P226 German and a P2022. I sold those when I was laid off at one point (which happened to be a few days before we were married) and miss them quite a bit.

Anyway, this P228 was much, much more accurate than I am. Before mid-January, the last time I had gone to a range had been sometime in 2015, and I am still very rusty, but this thing can clearly shoot. I took out my new Steyr M9-A1 and, even though that handgun is also extremely accurate, could not quite get my groups to shrink. Looking at the last photo, the Steyr 30rd group is on the left, SIG 13rd group on the right. More time and practice to come...

12131 - THANK YOU!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: reloader-1,

Posts: 2323 | Location: S. FL | Registered: October 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Firearms Enthusiast
Picture of Mustang-PaPa
posted Hide Post
Sweet!!

Posts: 18028 | Location: South West of Fort Worth, Tx. | Registered: December 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of reloader-1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mustang-PaPa:
Sweet!!

Mustang, 8 years ago you sold me a Walther P38 and told me about this forum... seems that I ended up liking the place, right? Big Grin

Posts: 2323 | Location: S. FL | Registered: October 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Outstanding. Welcome to the area. Big Grin

That looks like Ozark Sportsman Supply.

Posts: 32489 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Firearms Enthusiast
Picture of Mustang-PaPa
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by reloader-1:
quote:
Originally posted by Mustang-PaPa:
Sweet!!

Mustang, 8 years ago you sold me a Walther P38 and told me about this forum... seems that I ended up liking the place, right? Big Grin

Yep was glad you joined and have been proud that you stayed around and fit in. Have always enjoyed following your adventures in life.

Posts: 18028 | Location: South West of Fort Worth, Tx. | Registered: December 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of gunguru123
posted Hide Post
Very nice, I too have a Sig 228 and a late model Steyr M9A1. Though my 228 is a very late model, it is a 228 slide attached to a 229 frame. No more accurate than my 229's or M11A1 229.

Sig P220 Elite Dark, W. German 220/226 Navy/226 Tac Ops/226R Stainless/228/229 Legion/229R/M11-A1D

Glocks, HK, Walther, XDs, etc, etc...

Posts: 1043 | Location: Texas | Registered: April 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congrats on the move and the new 228.

Wish you and the wife the best on your new journey.

Posts: 10052 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Redhookbklyn
posted Hide Post
Congratulations to you and your wife, happy to hear all is well.

Wishing you and your family the best in your new home.

Looks like pretty good shooting to me!

Enjoy the P228.

“There is love in me the likes of which you’ve never seen. There is rage in me the likes of which should never escape."
—Mary Shelley, Frankenstein

Posts: 1929 | Location: South Carolina  | Registered: January 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
NW Arkansas is a beautiful place. Amazing. Thriving. Berryville, Eureka Springs, Fayetteville, Fort Smith...all gorgeous places.

I'm stuck in NE Arkansas near near where the Mississippi Delta ends and the foothills of the Ozarks begin.

Congratulations on the P228! Good shooting, too. Very happy for you. Q is a really good guy. I hope the best for you and your family in the future.

Posts: 1089 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: September 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
Picture of Modern Day Savage
posted Hide Post
Nice gun and shooting...and CONGRATULATIONS on your recent move and the upcoming birth of your child!

I believe that both you reloader-1 and 12131 embody the truest sense of Karma. 12131's generosity is quickly becoming legendary...and I will never forget how well you treated me in our deal when I was in the hospital.

It is truly gratifying to see your previous good deeds returned to you through this karma! Smile

Posts: 7324 | Location: the Centennial state | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Great story. Best of luck with your two new babies. Enjoy the beautiful surroundings.

Posts: 21 | Registered: November 12, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of reloader-1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Modern Day Savage:
Nice gun and shooting...and CONGRATULATIONS on your recent move and the upcoming birth of your child!

Thanks for the very kind words! I hope the P226 German and that Hi-Power are treating you well Big Grin

Picture of elberettas
posted Hide Post
Sounds like you are much deserving of 12131's generous karma. Congrats on all 3 counts! Glad everything is well now. God Bless!!!

Posts: 1958 | Location: San Diego, CA | Registered: July 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post