SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Will Beretta offer new 80 series .380 ACP pistols again?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Will Beretta offer new 80 series .380 ACP pistols again? Login/Join 
Picture of RichardC
posted
Perhaps
some Sigforum-ers in the industry might know.

I don't need one, but I almost surely would acquire one.

Posts: 15885 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They're imported every few years. If you see one, jump. Even less often imported are the 22 versions, the Model 87 Cougar.

Posts: 17136 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Yeah, and it's one of the .22s I'm drooling over.

RichardC, FWIW, Black Market Arms has some 84Fs or FSs in stock, and they may be available elsewhere too. DKArms seems to have the last stash of surplus 85BBs. Quality and prices have been coming and going over the last month on ChodeChoker.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
87’s are the best. Seriously worth whatever it takes to get one. (Within reason).

Posts: 7444 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
I'm not really interested in a blowback .380 of that size... If it was locked breech I'd be more interested. There are better .380 options out there these days. The 87, though, is very intriguing...I'd love to see Beretta start making that one again.

Posts: 8534 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They’re being made, just not imported.

They're's always a "better option." It may just be what someone wants, though. If it was about practicality, I'd own 3 guns.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Fredward,

Posts: 17136 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I’m glad to have mine. I never shoot them but I’d never get rid of them.

============================================
Photographs: https://photobucket.com/u/photoman12001
-----------------------------------
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/photoman12001/
-----------------------------------
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/photoman12001/videos

Posts: 1741 | Location: Alexandria, VA | Registered: December 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We Only Kneel
to Almighty God
posted Hide Post
Had a Beautiful Blued Browning, traded it. Wish I had not. These were made by Beretta.

Posts: 3427 | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nra-life-member:
Had a Beautiful Blued Browning, traded it. Wish I had not. These were made by Beretta.

I feel your pain.

There are sooo many Brownings I wish I had accumulated.

quote:
Originally posted by 92fstech:
I'm not really interested in a blowback .380 of that size...

But you just had to post in this thread. Wink

It's OK, no harm, nor foul.

Posts: 15885 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
They seem to make them in batches - when they sell out, it's always "they are discontinued", then a year later some show up.

I have thought about getting an 84/85 many times, but my 87BB gets shot plenty as it is so a 380 version wouldn't see much use.

Lots of police trades out there in the past year or so as well, some in pretty good shape too.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
If one showed up at the LGS, would I buy it, considering there none/zero/nada of the mythical .380 ACP cartridges in current existence?

Yeah, I am an idiot. I would.

Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Ah, yes, .380 ACP cartridges - something else that seems to be made in batches these days. Razz

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
Which one had a barrel that twists?

Posts: 17879 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This thread is a nice reminder that I need to post my 85FS in the classified section.

Posts: 347 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 30, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Oz_Shadow:

Only one I know of is the PX4, and the SC does not twist!!

Posts: 632 | Location: Cajun Country, Sportsman Paradise  | Registered: March 19, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kcl1960:
quote:
Originally posted by Oz_Shadow:

Only one I know of is the PX4, and the SC does not twist!!

Just looked. It was the Cougar but it wasn’t offered in 380 like I thought and it was the 8000 series not the 80.

Posts: 17879 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wrightd
posted Hide Post
Those old Beretta/Browning blowbacks are fantastic examples of old fashioned machining and craftsmanship, and reliability given the blowback design is outstanding. And if you hold one in your hand, you will know instantly what it is when shooters talk about the feel of the gun. A georgeous fat chunk of silky smooth blue steel and walnut.

Lover of the US Constitution
Wile E. Coyote School of DIY Disaster

Posts: 8657 | Location: Nowhere the constitution is not honored | Registered: February 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have said this many times. My Beretta 87 is easily my favorite 22 of all time. The quality, reliability, everything. It’s clearly not a competition gun, it’s not a bullseye gun, not a hunting pistol, it’s just the perfect overall 22 that unlike so many 22’s, it works and breaks down like a “real” gun. It will be my last 22 I ever get rid of.

I never shoot my 84/85’s. They are pretty though.

Posts: 7444 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Void Where Prohibited
Picture of WaterburyBob
posted Hide Post
I've got a model 87 .22LR. Love that little pistol and would run to buy another if they were available at a decent price.

"If Gun Control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome" - Cam Edwards

Posts: 16509 | Location: Under the Boot of Tyranny in Connectistan | Registered: February 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Delta-3
posted Hide Post
I have the model 81 in .32 & the 84BB in 380. Both are a testament to firearm manufacturing. Beautiful, reliable & accurate. I'll never sell them.

Rom 13:4 If you do evil, be afraid. For he does not bear the sword in vain. For he is God's minister, an avenger to execute wrath on him who practices evil.

Posts: 704 | Location: NW Ohio but Montana is always home. | Registered: September 30, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post