SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    S&W 442 Score
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

S&W 442 Score Login/Join 
Picture of bamaman
posted
Picked up a new 442 no-lock from LGS for $333.00
30 rebate came with it also. Installed a Wilson spring kit, and wow what a difference on the trigger pull. Haven't owned a j-frame in many years. Really feels good in the hand. Waiting on my Mika pocket holster, and it will go into rotation along with my glock 42.

Posts: 500 | Location: N.E. Alabama | Registered: March 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dc54
posted Hide Post
What circumstances would have you choosing it over the G42? Just curious about the thought process.

Sigs, HKs, 1911s, Berettas, Glocks and SW revolvers

Posts: 1034 | Location: GA | Registered: February 04, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Learn it, know it, live it
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post

Posts: 4354 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
My 642 works reliably. My G42, not so much. Maybe Glock got it fixed.

Posts: 26852 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Make sure to throughly test it with your carry ammo. Sometimes the spring kits cause misfires

Posts: 3268 | Location: Finally free in AZ! | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
Congrats and great price! I paid $349 for my no lock 442 about 8 years ago on sale and I thought I did good!

I left my internals stock and just dry fired and shot the heck out of it (not all in one range trip lol) and the trigger is acceptable to me. A friend of mine put a kit in his and had a few light strikes with both Federal and his reloads with CCI primers. I have never had one.

Some service grips and an adaptor, ready for duty.

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Cobra21
posted Hide Post
Good for you! Carry my 642 no-lock daily on my ankle. Added a spring kit and CTC grips. PERFECT!

Risk the consequences of honesty...

Posts: 4498 | Location: DFW, TX | Registered: December 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of abnmacv
posted Hide Post
Nice addition to any collection. A J-frame has a place in concealed carry.

U.S. Army 11F4P Vietnam 69-70 NRA Life Member

Posts: 1530 | Registered: June 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
speaking of grips, my favorite is the Paqmeyer Compaq if you can find them.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10860 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Each post crafted from
rich Corinthian leather
Picture of TheFrontRange
posted Hide Post
Excellent score - congrats!

"The sea was angry that day, my friends - like an old man trying to send back soup in a deli." - George Costanza

Posts: 6687 | Registered: September 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Great buy on the 442, you can't find a new one under $400 in my town. I love mine for pocket carry.

Posts: 614 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Great score- Good luck finding one under $400 during summer months, Uber popular for good reason.

Posts: 13796 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post