SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    I'm about to purchase a Sig 226 Legion.....
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I'm about to purchase a Sig 226 Legion..... Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
quote:
Originally posted by hile:
I love my legions.

Me too, though I'm sad my legion lacks the s at the end of the word. I want the SAO to join her and keep her company while I'm away for work.

I have a P229 9mm, P226 9mm and there's a P226 SAO in the safe too, but that paperwork has another person from the household on it Smile

Posts: 500 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: December 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JSB3
posted Hide Post
Guess I am the Negative Nelly. Picked up a used 226 Legion shot a few hundred rounds through it, sold it for a nice profit.
Just did not do it for me. Trigger pull not that great of a difference between a standard 226, the sights look like a big bright glob, great for close range, but at 25 yards looked like a huge neon dime covering the target. The grips were the bomb though. Fit my hand perfectly. To each his own.
On the other hand, I just picked up a Vickers Glock and love it.

Blaming the crime on the gun, is like blaming a bad story on the pencil.

Posts: 1068 | Location: Saint Charles Missouri | Registered: November 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's my way or the Highway
Picture of piedrarc
posted Hide Post
Once the gun arrives I'm probably going to be cast out of the internet..........

I'm going to change -
sights to a fiber optic set up
grips to E2 style
Trigger overhaul - going to tackle this myself

I'm going to try and commit to this gun in training and competition.

I'm hoping for the best.

Semper Fidelis

RIP 17843

Operation Specific Training

Bang, bang, Click

Posts: 4911 | Location: surrounded by liberals. | Registered: September 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by piedrarc:
Once the gun arrives I'm probably going to be cast out of the internet..........

I'm going to change -
sights to a fiber optic set up
grips to E2 style
Trigger overhaul - going to tackle this myself

I'm going to try and commit to this gun in training and competition.

I'm hoping for the best.

Maybe not the entire internet. Just the part where The Legion resides. Wink

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JSB3
posted Hide Post
If you are going to perform those changes, just purchase a standard 226. Most of the things you are changing are why you are paying a premium for the legion.

Blaming the crime on the gun, is like blaming a bad story on the pencil.

Posts: 1068 | Location: Saint Charles Missouri | Registered: November 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's my way or the Highway
Picture of piedrarc
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JSB3:
If you are going to perform those changes, just purchase a standard 226. Most of the things you are changing are why you are paying a premium for the legion.

Front cocking serrations -
Front strap checkering -
GGI trigger -
SRT kit -
enhanced under cut on the front strap -

Nah, I'm taking the legion.

Semper Fidelis

RIP 17843

Operation Specific Training

Bang, bang, Click

Posts: 4911 | Location: surrounded by liberals. | Registered: September 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post