SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    I'm about to purchase a Sig 226 Legion.....
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I'm about to purchase a Sig 226 Legion..... Login/Join 
It's my way or the Highway
Picture of piedrarc
posted
DA/SA of course....

Should know for sure by Wednesday, wish me luck.

Semper Fidelis

RIP 17843

Operation Specific Training

Bang, bang, Click

Posts: 4911 | Location: surrounded by liberals. | Registered: September 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congrats!! You're going to love it. Legions are something special.

Posts: 76 | Registered: April 05, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Redhookbklyn
posted Hide Post
Hope you get it.

I believe you'll enjoy the P226 Legion.

“There is love in me the likes of which you’ve never seen. There is rage in me the likes of which should never escape."
—Mary Shelley, Frankenstein

Posts: 1935 | Location: South Carolina  | Registered: January 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SR025
posted Hide Post
What caliber?

Posts: 841 | Location: DFW | Registered: January 04, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Once and Future SIG Shooter
Picture of Mike S
posted Hide Post
Good luck! I really enjoy mine.

Posts: 4524 | Location: Mississippi | Registered: December 08, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
As much as I dislike the appearance of the elongated extractors on P-SIGs, I'm drawn to the P229 Legion. The trigger can be okay to pretty nice right out the box; it's those 'pretty nice' ones that are tempting me. With each one of those that come into the shop, I feel myself being sucked in.

Good thing that I KNOW that I can't be buying any additional guns right now...but it's still calling to me...moth...flame...oh crap... Wink

Hope it goes well for you. Good luck.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I own both the da/sa and SAO version and love them both. Installed a reduced power mainspring and greatly lowered trigger pull. That all being said, the SAO is SWEET.... Just sayin.....

Posts: 2551 | Location: Troy, MI | Registered: October 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's my way or the Highway
Picture of piedrarc
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SR025:
What caliber?

9mm

Semper Fidelis

RIP 17843

Operation Specific Training

Bang, bang, Click

Posts: 4911 | Location: surrounded by liberals. | Registered: September 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
SPRG,

What pound hammer spring to you use? I have a #17 in my P226 with a SRT
trigger. I've had no issues with light primer strikes.

Posts: 172 | Registered: January 04, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Roughneck6:
SPRG,

What pound hammer spring to you use? I have a #17 in my P226 with a SRT
trigger. I've had no issues with light primer strikes.

I run a Wolff 17lb mainspring as well, in all three of my P226's. No issues either.

Posts: 2551 | Location: Troy, MI | Registered: October 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Can't wait to hear how you like. I'm trying to decide between the Legion and the Wilson Combat Beretta or M9A3. Maybe you could do a comparison for us?

Posts: 180 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: September 26, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
You need no luck.

It appears most people like them.

Enjoy!

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36840 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I went in last week to buy a DA/SA and they only had a 229, ended up ordering a SAO 226 at the recommendation of the guy behind the counter. I should have it this week I'm really excited. Either way I don't think you can make a bad choice. His recommendation came after I said it would be carried extremely rarely, if ever. Having said that he steered me in the SAO direction saying the triggers and action really are that much better. We shall see.

Posts: 176 | Location: Rochester NY | Registered: June 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I bought a 229 Legion .40 in January and shot it for the first time on Saturday and after approx 200 rounds am very pleased with it. It will be in my edc rotation now and am looking forward to putting a few thousand more rounds through it.

I did have to send the slide in because the rear sight lost its glow on the left side. No big deal, Sig provided a shipping label and had it back to me in two weeks. Just want to add that I have found Sig customer service to be exceptional.

dstryr, since 1986

Posts: 2 | Registered: January 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I picked my Legion up yesterday and it is a beautiful gun.I especially like the trigger and X-ray sights. Extreamly well made and finished
Going to shoot it back to back with my 226 TACOPS and will give you my opinion between the two

Posts: 3 | Location: North Georgia | Registered: April 12, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gregory056349:
I went in last week to buy a DA/SA and they only had a 229, ended up ordering a SAO 226 at the recommendation of the guy behind the counter. I should have it this week I'm really excited. Either way I don't think you can make a bad choice. His recommendation came after I said it would be carried extremely rarely, if ever. Having said that he steered me in the SAO direction saying the triggers and action really are that much better. We shall see.

I went with the Legion SAO and couldn't be happier, I had a lot of different handguns over the years but the 226 Legion SAO is one of my favorites. It is an great trigger out of the box and also a really soft shooter and paired with some 20 rdn magazines is one heck of combat handgun.

Posts: 931 | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I love my legions.

Posts: 500 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: December 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hile:
I love my legions.

Me too, though I'm sad my legion lacks the s at the end of the word. I want the SAO to join her and keep her company while I'm away for work.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20822 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CAR
posted Hide Post
The SIG P226 is my favorite full size 9mm pistol and the Legion is my favorite P226.

Posts: 926 | Location: Ohio | Registered: May 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I shot 45 rounds today in both my 226 Legion SAO
And my 226 TACOP. The accuracy in both is outstanding. At 25 feet 80% of the TACOP and 85% 0f the Legion was in one ragged hole. Too close to call. So far the only difference between the two is the wonderful trigger ,better sights on the Legion. Also the Legion is better looking by a wide margin
Bottom line they are both the best shooting 9mm semi autos I have ever shot

Posts: 3 | Location: North Georgia | Registered: April 12, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post