SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    After upgrade
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

After upgrade Login/Join 
posted
Question about after “upgrade” trigger. Received my 320c back and the trigger pull weight is unchanged. However the length of pull feels much longer, compared it to a new unmolested pistol and the non-upgraded pistol feels much shorter. Is this just me or do others feel the same?

Posts: 8 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: April 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
Aside from the occasional crunchy double/triplet clicks that my unaltered, now departed 320C did, it did have one of the nicer travels in the striker world, plus a relatively crisp break when it wasn't busy pretending to be like a mouth chewing on a handful of rocks. The revised 320s that we got in from SIG recently each had mushier triggers, and did seem to have longer travel to them.

The revised 320 trigger isn't awful, but based on what I've so far sampled via handling IMHO it's no longer in the argument as to who has the best striker trigger. The triggers of the PPQ and Canik TP9SF series are now far and away above the fixed SIG trigger to me.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conveniently located directly
above the center of the Earth
Picture of signewt
posted Hide Post
The differences in answering the question amazes me.

While I applauded my first 320 trigger from a few years ago, I grew to dislike it after many thousands of rounds & sold it.

My recent 320Rx had a better trigger and no complaints in several thousand rounds.

The upgrade on mine I regard as win/win/win in all perimeters of subjective and objective metrics.

It is difficult to believe the factory spec on the upgrade trigger has such disparate guidelines.

My next range trip will include several hundred more test rounds on the new trigger. So far it has been definite 'upgrade' without the downside some have noted in their own 320.

**************~~~~~~~~~~
"I've been on this rock too long to bother with these liars any more."
~SIGforum advisor~
"When the pain of staying the same outweighs the pain of change, then change will come."~~sigmonkey

Posts: 9853 | Location: sunny Orygun | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well I’m going to pre order the “new”apex trigger and if that doesn’t improve it this 320 will go away. Sorry now I ever sent it in for the upgrade, maybe I can find an unmolested 320 locally.

Posts: 8 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: April 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The reset on my early model p320c is a little sluggish after the upgrade. Might just need a cleaning though, haven’t done that since i got it back yesterday.

Edited to add: the trigger also seems to be ever so slightly mushier than before the upgrade, but perhaps it will get better with use.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: jtd85,

Posts: 124 | Registered: March 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If anything I feel the overall travel is reduced. Pic heavy comparison:

At rest

Take-up

Break with slight overtravel

Compared to the VP9:

And to the PPQ:

------------------------------------------------
Charter member of the vast, right-wing conspiracy

Posts: 1860 | Registered: June 25, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have had two P320s upgraded sequentially. I had not noted any significant differences in trigger action between the two, either in dry fire or live fire prior to the upgrade.

After the first came back (a full size .45 ACP) I had the opportunity to compare it with my then unmodified 9 mm compact, and did so extensively.

In dry fire the differences I noted were that the new trigger shoe is not only much thinner front to back, it is also a bit narrower side to side. The fit of the trigger felt a bit more precise with less appreciable wobble. The length of the take-up was the same, but the take-up for the modified trigger was a bit smoother.

As for the trigger break, the modified trigger broke a bit lighter. The quality of the break seemed the same to me, with some creep for both which I feel is the norm for a stock striker-fired pistol trigger. There was little appreciable over-travel for either. Overall trigger travel seemed to me to be identical

After the second pistol came back, the results were the same. The most significant change being a bit lighter trigger break. Of the differences I mentioned, the only one I think I can really appreciate in live fire is the lighter trigger break.

Posts: 372 | Registered: March 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The up graded trigger on my P320 seems smoother and crisper with a lighter pull. I shot it yesterday and had some of the best groupings I have had. Mine shoots better with the upgrade than with the original trigger and I really liked it before. It is even better now.

Posts: 207 | Location: Alabama | Registered: January 06, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bob RI
posted Hide Post
Got one of mine back today (early FS 9) trigger pull dropped 11-12 ounces. No complaints here based on initial impressions. Looking forward to some range time.

Posts: 4521 | Registered: January 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well I installed the Apex Flat Advanced Trigger and all is well again. I wish I had measured the length of pull before I sent it in for the upgrade instead of just the pull weight. I’ll be keeping it, thanks to all who commented or replied.

His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
Mine (9mm C) feels shorter and crisper as well.

Posts: 27927 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diversified Hobbyist
Picture of Steve 22X
posted Hide Post
Posted these in the P320 thread that is now a sticky.

Measured just prior to sending the P320 in and just after return (after measurements in bold).

Before: After:
Trigger pull (avg 5 pulls w/Lyman digital gauge) = 6 lb + 5.5 oz w/crisp break - 7 lb 7oz w/crisp break
Rearward slide travel required for disconnector to reset = 10 mm - 36.17 mm Eek
Trigger reset distance = 3.23 mm - 3.03 mm

No noticeable difference in initial trigger take up.
Only gripe is the slide travel distance required to reset the trigger when dry firing.

-----------------------------------
Regards, Steve
The anticipation is often greater than the actual reward

Posts: 2463 | Location: Wylie, Texas | Registered: November 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
And on another forum an individual who had measured the pull weight of his unmodified P320 when new at 6 lbs, 12 ounces and 6 lbs 8 ounces after well-broken in, measured the pull weight for the same pistol after modification at 5 lbs, 6 ounces to 5 lbs 8 ounces.

I have had two P320s modified. Both came back with lighter pull weights but unfortunately, I don't have a trigger gauge. The difference in pull weight was easily discernible however, so I am guessing it was at least 1/2 pound and possibly a little more.

Posts: 372 | Registered: March 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bob RI
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bob RI:
Got one of mine back today (early FS 9) trigger pull dropped 11-12 ounces. No complaints here based on initial impressions. Looking forward to some range time.

ETA: the P320RX just came back...pull weight dropped 19 ounces.

Posts: 4521 | Registered: January 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doin' what I can
with what I got
Picture of Rob Decker
posted Hide Post
I purchased a post-upgrade manual safety P320. Comparing directly to my unmodified MS, the pulls are comparable. The upgraded one, to me, feels slightly crisper on break and reset, with some grit that feels like the other P320 did before I put a case of Speer through it.

Old P320 is now waiting on its return label Big Grin

----------------------------------------
Death smiles at us all. Be sure you smile back.

Posts: 5540 | Location: Greater Nashville, TN | Registered: May 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good luck to all 320 owners I’m out. Tried to like it, can’t. I ordered the Apex forward set trigger bar, tried to install it last night only to find out it doesn’t fit with a manual thumb safety. I’ll remove my Apex trigger and trade this towards another CZ.

posted Hide Post
These threads are retarded. You didn’t measure anything before you sent it in. Now you “feel” like it’s a longer trigger pull length. Which doesn’t make any real sense. There is so much subjectivity without any actual objectivity that it is making my head spin. It’s like going away for a weekend and coming back and thinking “I remember my wife was skinnier and she had bigger boobs”. Well, no she didn’t, I’m just not remembering it correctly.

Go trade it off. I love CZ’s. The person getting your old gun will love his 320.

This constant complaining without substance is old. There should be a mandatory measurement day before anyone sends in a 320 for upgrade. That way when it comes back they can’t “remember” it being sooooooo much better before upgrade. Because it wasn’t. It was a duty grade striker fired gun. It didn’t have a 4 lb 1911 trigger with an amazingingly crisp break that made Walther engineers gasp and cry.

So to answer your question it’s just you. Lol

Just to put this back into the realm of reality, I measured a couple of mine. Trigger pull from rest through takeup was less than 3/16’s of an inch. From takeup to complete break the travel was 3/8’s of an inch total. So from rest through trigger slack, takeup, to striker break was less than half an inch. Three eighths of an inch total travel. All 3 demonstrated this including the dreaded long slide cut version. Does your have a length of pull different than this? What difference are you measuring between upgraded and non upgraded. I will bet you a beer when you put a tape measure to this the difference is insignificant.

Measure it please and let us know. Or don’t.

Posts: 7459 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Comparing it to a new out of the case unmolested(not upgraded) pistol, my length of pull is 1/4 inch longer, reset 3/16 longer. And gee I’m sorry if someone urinated in your cornflakes this morning. Have a nice day!

posted Hide Post
No urination I just think you are full of it. You didn’t measure before but your feelings insist that it’s longer. I get it, feelings matter. And yes I’m calling bullshit on the length of pull increasing 1/4 of an inch. Sample of 3 here and according to you your length of pull it increased almost double. BS. Across 3 samples it was uniform. Total LOP was 3/8’s of an inch. That isn’t even half an inch total travel but yours somehow almost doubles that LOP. 1/8 inch more is double, I doubt this tale.

I flat out don’t believe that your LOP is double what mine is. Mushier, heavier trigger pull weight maybe. Doubling the actual pull length? It’s like saying your car takes more oil to fill than mine but we have the exact same car. BS.

Posts: 7459 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
To put it more scientifically, we could disassemble our two fcu's and mix up the parts and reassemble. They are fully compatible in this manner. Add the parts up and different springing, rough spots, etc could make for a different "feeling" trigger. Mushier, heavier, lighter, etc. What can't really happen on any appreciable scale is that the parts somehow double the pull length. There is no single part that could cause this doubling in length. The trigger, trigger bar, sear, every part if its within spec could not account for a LOP to double. It's math.