SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Accuracy: P226 vs P320
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Accuracy: P226 vs P320 Login/Join 
posted
For those who have experience with both, is accuracy generally comparable between the two?

Posts: 202 | Registered: July 10, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prep, Confirm, Roll
posted Hide Post
Yep. Shoot both extensively. I tend to be slightly more accurate with a 226 than a 320 but that is just me. The difference is negligible. Both great guns

NRA Certified instructor,
and Range Safety officer

OpSpec Training http://opspectraining.com
Grayguns - http://grayguns.com

Posts: 3172 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackwater
posted Hide Post
Both are great. I think the X Carry P320 compares better to the P226, but I've not shot a P320 FS or M17 yet either.

Joe

Posts: 2525 | Location: Az | Registered: October 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Let's be careful
out there
posted Hide Post
not scientific, but I shoot the 226 better. Of course, I carried a 226 for about 20 years or so.

Posts: 7333 | Location: NW OHIO | Registered: May 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have owned a total of four p226s and one p320. I prefer the p226 to the p320. Interestingly enough, two of my p226s were in 9mm and the others were .40. I shot the 40s MUCH better.

The p320 is a 9mm and is very "meh" in my book.

Posts: 545 | Location: Ohio | Registered: April 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
I'd give the nod to my P320, but I've shot tens of thousands of rounds through it, so I doubt there's a gun I own that I shoot as well.

Posts: 8389 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Are we talking about how you shoot the thing or about how accurate the underlying hardware is.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10966 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A standard 226 vs a standard 320, shot off the bench at 25 yards, the 226 was more accurate.
The 320 xfive, shot off the bench at 25 yards, is more accurate. Usually about 1" groups with loads they like.
Had a 226 Allround. Just outstanding.

Posts: 221 | Location: WI | Registered: October 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by amhaynie:
Yep. Shoot both extensively. I tend to be slightly more accurate with a 226 than a 320 but that is just me. The difference is negligible. Both great guns

This.

Alan sums it up nicely.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37072 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My 1994 West German 226 is and was more accurate than my former 320 Tacops. Don't know if it just soaked up recoil better for being heavier or as I believe, was just better.

Posts: 4648 | Location: Middletown, PA | Registered: January 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 71 TRUCK
posted Hide Post
I have shot both for IDPA competitions.
Both are great guns.
So far the P226 shoots better for me.

The Second Amendment to the United States Constitution.

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State

NRA Life Member

Posts: 2552 | Location: Central Florida, south of the mouse | Registered: March 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
Curious - is the 226 more generally more accurate and faster on follow up shots.

Posts: 17870 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They are as reliable as a Glock. I say that as a long time owner of just about every major pistol brand out there. Haha. When it comes to anything by Glock, SIG, HK, Beretta, S&W, CZ, SA, etc., the reliability question doesn’t even enter my mind (unless we’re talking 1911’s). Buy any of the above with confidence. Any company can make a lemon, but the probability of getting one from these companies is low enough I don’t even factor it in. Modern ammo, on the other hand, is a whole different story.

Posts: 109 | Location: Fort Wayne, IN. | Registered: February 25, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What does that comment have to do with accuracy? just curious.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10966 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
These days I am either shooting my 226 or my 320. They are both great, and great shooters.

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11106 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
The difference will be largely determined by the shooter, rather than the platform. I really like my 320 and it shoots well, but I shoot my classic pistols better mainly because I’ve been carrying them for the last 25 years. Given time and practice, who can say?

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15497 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 92fstech:
I'd give the nod to my P320, but I've shot tens of thousands of rounds through it, so I doubt there's a gun I own that I shoot as well.

As a quick aside, how often did you change your recoil springs??

Posts: 21829 | Registered: October 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post