SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Sig 226 CPO
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sig 226 CPO Login/Join 
posted
Kind of got the idea I want a 226 to try. Thought I would go the cpo route but no luck. Any pointers for a 226 9mm cpo? Or nice used.

Posts: 991 | Location: UP of Michigan | Registered: October 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Keep an eye on the classifieds, gunbroker and armslist?

Ive had one listed in the classifieds for 3 weeks that’s now SPF. Somebody’s about to get a smokin’ deal on a lightly used P226R.

Posts: 1173 | Location: DFW | Registered: January 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
been watching gunbroker but not much there.

Posts: 991 | Location: UP of Michigan | Registered: October 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rmw
posted Hide Post
I recently picked up a practically new looking CPO 226 in my town off of Armslist. Best thing was the price. 350 with 2 quality holsters, ammo and extra grips. Deals are out there.

Posts: 510 | Location: ohio, usa | Registered: December 02, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Absolutely Positively-
Retired
Picture of ace73
posted Hide Post
I would give Top Gun Supply a call.
For some reason, I remember someone saying that they don’t always list CPO’s on their website.

Posts: 1182 | Location: Detroit/Downriver | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rebel Without a Clue
Picture of squad13
posted Hide Post
TGS has not stocked CPO's in years. They do get USED 226's from time to time.

Posts: 958 | Location: Ohio | Registered: August 14, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JAFO
posted Hide Post
I didn't think Sig even had the CPO program any longer.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><>
"I drank what?" - Socrates

Posts: 5181 | Location: S.A., TX | Registered: July 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JAFO:

You gotta have LEO turn ins in the first place.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
quote:
Originally posted by JAFO:

You gotta have LEO turn ins in the first place.

CPO is still on their website. So, it's still going.

Q

Posts: 26352 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
9mm CPO’s are hard to come by in classic P series guns. 40’s and 357sig you can find all day. I would just look for a nice used 226 9mm.

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
Okay, I'm apparently out of the loop,

What does 'CPO' mean?

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
Certified Previously Owned

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34108 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
And sometimes includes demos and factory minor blems.

Posts: 17881 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have seen some nice ones for around $550-600 used in 9mm. I thought about buying a DAK or DAO and convert it to da/sa as they are usually found much cheaper but I also read that some models cannot be changed due to different frames, so that killed that idea. The P226 is a great pistol and can take a lot of abuse. The hardest part is getting one online without being able to see the frame rails/wear. If you look to get one online,ask the owner to send pics of the rails. I got a used P229 in .40 for less than $320.00 last year on gunbroker and it looked like new but most people don't care for the 40 round.

Posts: 6872 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I see Sig 226 pistols in 40 cal everywhere for $399 and Sig 229 pistols in 40. Sometimes they are less. I got a Sig 229 in 40 with 3 mags for $359.00

Posts: 2 | Location: NC | Registered: July 04, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Learn it, know it, live it
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
As odd as it may seem, I've always wanted a rail-less 9mm DAO P226.
That is what the Dallas PD has carried for several years, I've lived in Dallas for 56 years..

I have a 1988 WG P226 safe queen that literally stays in the safe.
Hasn't been shot in several years.

But I've always wanted a beater, shooter, or whatever, rail-less P226 with a DAO hammer.
I prefer it to be WG if the price is right.
I just don't care for rails or glorified versions of a basic P226.
A rail-less Navy would even work, but I doubt that is in the budget..

I sold this Navy, after buying aluminum grips, because I couldn't adapt to the rail.
I hate the rail, yes I have issues.. Roll Eyes

This thread has inspired me to buy a P series DAO hammer with strut pin on eBay today.
Now searching, watching auctions, and even bidding on a WG P226 pistol on GB...

Posts: 4359 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1lowlife:
As odd as it may seem, I've always wanted a rail-less 9mm DAO P226.
That is what the Dallas PD has carried for several years, I've lived in Dallas for 56 years..

I have a 1988 WG P226 safe queen that literally stays in the safe.
Hasn't been shot in several years.

But I've always wanted a beater, shooter, or whatever, rail-less P226 with a DAO hammer.
I prefer it to be WG if the price is right.
I just don't care for rails or glorified versions of a basic P226.
A rail-less Navy would even work, but I doubt that is in the budget..

I sold this Navy, after buying aluminum grips, because I couldn't adapt to the rail.
I hate the rail, yes I have issues.. Roll Eyes

This thread has inspired me to buy a P series DAO hammer with strut pin on eBay today.
Now searching, watching auctions, and even bidding on a WG P226 pistol on GB...

If you ever would like to sell that back to me.....

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Learn it, know it, live it
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DSgrouse:
If you ever would like to sell that back to me.....

Oh no, she is a keeper, although I do appreciate you selling it to me.
I searched long and hard for a decent WG P226 with all the paperwork and proper box.

I bet I haven't put more than 100 rounds thru her since I received the pistol.
She sits in the safe next the 1991 WG P228 that my daughter gets whenever she gets married.
They both sit in a rack in one of the safes inside a silicone sock.

But I'm on the search for a beater P226 I can put that DAO trigger in.
I'll hit the range with that every trip.
I used to love DAK Sigs before my Glock addition hit me.
I always shot a DA/SA Sig more accurately on the first DA shot, than the following SA shots.
Over the 24 years of handgun owning, I found I prefer a consistent trigger..

It is nice to finally be able to afford having a few safe queens. Big Grin

Posts: 4359 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post