SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P250 Resurrection and other things you would like see
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P250 Resurrection and other things you would like see Login/Join 
posted
I think should redo the 250. Thin it down normal Sig sight dovetails. Make it a DA / SA.

Instead of wasting time on rainbow fishes or aluminum tread designs for slides, how about other operating systems like Gas retarded - P7/CCP, rotating barrel- Beretta.

New year coming hope we see some good stuff.

Posts: 1153 | Location: Decatur, GA | Registered: November 14, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Whack-Job
Whisperer
Picture of 18DAI
posted Hide Post
I'd like a compact 45, single stack, THIN - slide and frame. Hammer fired, aluminum framed. 6 or 7 round magazine capacity. Nitron finished. Novak sights.

Oh, and a sub $1K MSRP too! Regards 18DAI

7+1 Rounds of hope and change

Posts: 4231 | Registered: August 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sox:
I think should redo the 250. Thin it down normal Sig sight dovetails. Make it a DA / SA.

So, like a SP2022? Big Grin

Posts: 32428 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
When you fall, I will be there to catch you -With love, the floor
posted Hide Post
Never going to happen. All their manufacturing capacity is taken up by the 320 line and some of the better selling models. The 250 sales tapered off to almost nothing at the end. So why bring back a sales dud?

quote:
Instead of wasting time on rainbow fishes or aluminum tread designs for slides,

I asked George Harris that years ago. They aren't done in house for the most part. They also sell out being they are a very limited production item.

Richard Scalzo
Epping, NH

http://www.bigeastakitarescue.net

Posts: 5803 | Location: Epping, NH | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
quote:

ding ding ding ding ding!

Posts: 1251 | Location: Oregon | Registered: March 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My brother-in-law and nephew bought a pair of 250's several years ago. One was a 9 and one was a .40 None of us could shoot either of them worth a damn. Couldn't get used to the triggers. My nephew traded his into a Remington 1911 which he loves. Not sure what my brother in law did with his.

Posts: 462 | Location: Greenfield, IN | Registered: December 29, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rscalzo:
Never going to happen. All their manufacturing capacity is taken up by the 320 line and some of the better selling models. The 250 sales tapered off to almost nothing at the end. So why bring back a sales dud?

RC, are you by chance involved with SIG? Just curious?

The reason they were a sales dud is cause SIG screwed em up on the redsign. From what I undersatnd of the original gun it was in 9mm only was a bit thinner, smaller with DA/SA and described a short 3mm reset. They decided to to DAO when they decided to make it in all calibers. They tried to go too big and epic fail. Poor availability of conversions etc. The rear sight was a shitty design as well.

Regarding the 2022. I would be all in. They need to redesign it a bit, if they offered it in the SPC tad smaller size like available overseas with an SRT they would have winner. Also, a subcompact. Sorely lacking on the market is a DA/SA polymer sub.

My favorite gun for running out quick errands is my P250 in .380. Small as my P30SK, but lighter and with 16 rounds of .380.

Posts: 1153 | Location: Decatur, GA | Registered: November 14, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Not that I know anything about metallurgy (I don't), but I've found myself wondering if SIG could use heavier or denser materials to come up with a slide that's more narrow without being taller.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Traded off my compact 250 when it had consistent problems
of failing to fire, then failing to load rounds, so bad it was
refusing to chamber a round on every round. Sent it back
Sig fixed it, but I couldn't trust it so traded it in.

Then I found a P250 in .380 sub compact in the used gun
case for a couple hundred bucks.

Not a bad gun, the trigger is smooth, long but the reset
is what isn't good... Still I have one again...

Posts: 23242 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
Not a bad gun, the trigger is smooth, long but the reset
is what isn't good...

Kinda how I feel about my Kahr. Nice gun. Smooth trigger. Awfully long reset.

Posts: 32428 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have owned five P250’s, still own three. I have a c and sc in 9mm and a sc in .40 S&W. I would like to see the P250 in DA/SA and with the standard Sig sights as well.

I own a SP2340 in .40 and a SP2022 in 9mm; gave my son SP2022’s in 9mm and .40. I prefer the non-rail frames. Other than the rail I think this series is perfect.

Neither the P250 or SP2022 series are popular in my area; both are difficult to resale nor do they bring much money.

I would like to have a P230 in .22 LR.

Posts: 1988 | Location: metro Atlanta, GA | Registered: July 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
That long reset is really my one gripe with the 250.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Beanhead
posted Hide Post
I'd like to see Sig bring back the P226S line otherwise known as X5 and X6. But I'd like to see better triggers in them and add bushings to the barrel for improved accuracy. They are very accurate as is...but love to see what they can really do!

Posts: 1343 | Location: Georgia | Registered: May 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
^^ The "lessons learned" might do wonders for the 220 Match line, as well.

posted Hide Post
I would bite immediately for:
P250 in 9mm. 3.5 in barrel. Single stack, flat base 9 round magazine. Kinda like a poly classic P225.
S2022 in same configuration.
And my ancient skills ingrained into me from the dark ages of the DA revolver make the P250 trigger good for me.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16005 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
I would bite immediately for:
P250 in 9mm. 3.5 in barrel. Single stack, flat base 9 round magazine. Kinda like a poly classic P225.
S2022 in same configuration.
And my ancient skills ingrained into me from the dark ages of the DA revolver make the P250 trigger good for me.

Yooper,

I think this would knock it out of the park. This is a missed opportunity by any gun maker right now. Plenty of single stack strikers, but for those that like AWB it would rock.

Picture of incogneato
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
quote:

I’d like to see a new generation Sig Pro line that used P250/320 magazines. Match the slide profile and you would have your choice of striker or TDA using the same belt/holster system & mags. If HK and CZ can do it (not just engineering but also have successful sales), why wouldn’t Sig?

Posts: 124 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: September 20, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of incogneato
posted Hide Post
quote:

Instead of wasting time on rainbow fishes or aluminum tread designs for slides, how about other operating systems like Gas retarded - P7/CCP, rotating barrel- Beretta.

New year coming hope we see some good stuff.

I wouldn’t mind seeing the return of the P250. It shouldn’t be that big an issue, given that many of the components are common with the P320. A SAO variant would seemingly be simple, too.

As for other, I’d like to see an M18-22 to compliment the P320. I have a PPQ 22 and think Walther did a fabulous job engineering an internal-hammer rimfire to closely mimic it’s striker-fired namesake. The only thing missing is the magazine body being the same size.

Posts: 124 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: September 20, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am not a fan of striker fired pistols and quickly unloaded a P320c for a p250c a few years back -Love the DA trigger and i think it is a perfect starter pistol for anyone to learn and the DA is a nice safety feature.

Posts: 263 | Registered: January 22, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by paulbriand:
I am not a fan of striker fired pistols and quickly unloaded a P320c for a p250c a few years back -Love the DA trigger and i think it is a perfect starter pistol for anyone to learn and the DA is a nice safety feature.

There is a LNIB P250 2SUM in 9mm at a local store. Under $500. I am not affiliated with store.

PC

Posts: 1332 | Location: NW Wyoming | Registered: November 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post