SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Steel Cased Ammo
Page 1 2 3 4 5 

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Steel Cased Ammo Login/Join 
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post

Posts: 32423 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Report This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
This thread:

Posts: 27834 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Report This Post
Do the next
right thing
Picture of bobtheelf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pedropcola:

Ok bob, I’ll play. There’s the post. Quoted and everything. You brought up the Lucky Gunner AR torture test. I quite correctly pointed out that the test of steel cased ammo in AR15’s was irrelevant to steel cased ammo use in handguns. You ignored all that. “Doesn’t matter, if it happens in rifles it can happen in handguns”. Paraphrasing your dumbass response. Even though I said issues in AR15’s are documented, issues in handguns aren’t. It’s that simple. Very clearly you stated the issues occur across both platforms. More correctly you hedged your bullsjit with the word “possibly”. Typical lame ass response when you don’t know dick about what you are saying. “Possibly” you were dropped on your head as a baby, see how that hedging stuff works?

Either way you get the last word because this thread has run its course. I can’t disprove a negative and you guys seem unable to find anything to back up damage claims in handguns. So here’s to you bob, make it a good one ‘cause I’m out.

Yeah I'm gonna get the last word on this asinine shit. I said possibly because I meant possibly, and because I wasn't stating anything beyond what I explicitly said. I said a while back you were arguing against something I didn't say, and now you've explicitly done it again.

Don't read shit that I haven't written. Don't claim I have said things I haven't said.

If I didn't write it, I didn't say it. If you don't like my phrasing, too bad.

Posts: 3653 | Location: Nashville | Registered: July 23, 2012Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I don’t know about damage per se, but when a company like HK explicitly disavows the use of steel case ammo, I take notice.

Not to mention personal observation. Invariably, in all of the training classes I’ve been through (including Gunsite 250-350-499) the people consistently having problems are running Wolf or Tula steel case ammo. Every. Single. Time.

That crap can stop a loose Glock. Any rack grade 1911 WILL eventually have multiple stoppages with it. I’ve seen it happen, dozens of times over the years.

Not to mention the smell... haha

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Archer1440:
I don’t know about damage per se, but when a company like HK explicitly disavows the use of steel case ammo, I take notice.

Not to mention personal observation. Invariably, in all of the training classes I’ve been through (including Gunsite 250-350-499) the people consistently having problems are running Wolf or Tula steel case ammo. Every. Single. Time.

That crap can stop a loose Glock. Any rack grade 1911 WILL eventually have multiple stoppages with it. I’ve seen it happen, dozens of times over the years.

Not to mention the smell... haha

There is a test proving the steel has many stoppages in a Glock 21, compared to no stoppages with brass.

https://www.gunnuts.net/2013/0...eel-cased-ammo-test/

Of course pee-drop-cola will refute that. He's drunk off of all of the kool-aid and is pushing the kool-aid REAL hard, but Bob aint drinking it! Big Grin

posted Hide Post
I know I said I was done, but special exemption for jimmy. Lol

Jimmy serious question. Do you even read the shit you post? Your link literally says:

“will steel cased ammo damage a modern service pistol. The answer to the first question is a conclusive “no””

I will point out that your posted link as per the quote above actually backs up what I’ve been arguing from the beginning. Steel ammo doesn’t cause parts breakage. Your link said those exact words.

I never mentioned reliability, not once. Different discussion. Different thread. Groan. That being said steel Tula 9mm hasn’t caused me any malfunctions other than what I noted in previous posts, non metal lined mags have been problematic using steel, which is magpul Glock mags for me. Which in posted link 10 of 26 failures were mag related. Another 4 were directly related to rsa parts failure. I would love to hear the convoluted mental gymnastics required to blame a rsa spring failure on steel cases. But alas now I’m really done so I won’t bother with your response but you will get last word this time I pinky swear. Lol.

To summarize your own link jimmy. “Does steel cased ammo cause damage in modern handguns”. NO. Thanks jimmy for finding that, appreciate you backing up my point.

Posts: 7344 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pedropcola:
I know I said I was done, but special exemption for jimmy. Lol

Jimmy serious question. Do you even read the shit you post? Your link literally says:

“will steel cased ammo damage a modern service pistol. The answer to the first question is a conclusive “no””

I will point out that your posted link as per the quote above actually backs up what I’ve been arguing from the beginning. Steel ammo doesn’t cause parts breakage. Your link said those exact words.

I never mentioned reliability, not once. Different discussion. Different thread. Groan. That being said steel Tula 9mm hasn’t caused me any malfunctions other than what I noted in previous posts, non metal lined mags have been problematic using steel, which is magpul Glock mags for me. Which in posted link 10 of 26 failures were mag related. Another 4 were directly related to rsa parts failure. I would love to hear the convoluted mental gymnastics required to blame a rsa spring failure on steel cases. Lol. Once again, did you just link or did you read it first?

To summarize your own link jimmy. “Does steel cased ammo cause damage in modern handguns”. NO. Thanks jimmy for finding that, appreciate you backing up my point.

My post was not to you, but to Archer and re-inforces what he said about stoppages. They had 26 stoppages in 11,261 rounds of steel ammo in a GLOCK, that's a stoppage about every 433 rounds. They did not mention in the article where they tested tolerances after shooting it or anything like that.

THEN they shot 5,000 rounds of brass ammo afterwards and had ZERO stoppages, ZERO failures.

If steel ammo caused excessive wear in an AR, which does have much higher pressures, it is safe to say that it will cause increased wear in a pistol. PROBABLY VERY LITTLE, but it's still there.

Steel cases are much harder to extract due to the fact that they expand when fired, but don't shrink back like brass, I've witnessed that with my own eyes, when my buddy put 6 rounds of steel wolf 9mm into his Ruger blackhawk and we had to beat on the extractor to get them out and brass always comes out super easy (generally some fire rounds even fall out if you tip the barrel up).

Pedropcola-This is all I have to say and I will not respond to anything else you post in this thread. You like shooting steel, you have every right to shoot it, like it, whatever. But you come across super aggressive, like you're some Russian salesman for Brown Bear ammo. I've shot it, it's extremely stinky and dirty, and can't shoot it anywhere in the 10 pistol ranges within 30 miles of my house. SO I don't buy it, even if I could shoot it, I wouldnt, even when I was shooting 1000 rounds a month I didn't. I have many nice, hand fitted, expensive guns so whether or not I save enough to buy a new barrel, I'm not shipping my Ed Brown or WC back to either manufacturer to have a new barrel hand fitted. Different strokes for different folks, but several manufacturers say not to shoot it, which is more than enough info for me.

Now the thinking of someone might be different for someone shooting a lot of rounds with a $450 Glock 19 (or similarly cheaper, commonly aquired firearm) who will can justify the cost savings, smell, additional failures and dirtiness of it.

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
What's going on?

Small words, short sentences, please.

Posts: 107254 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
Do the next
right thing
Picture of bobtheelf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
What's going on?

Small words, short sentences, please.

I shared information about a test Pedro was already familiar with. I said "make of that what you will".

I said if wear happened in one firearm, it was possible in another. Seems Pedro felt that wasn't ok.

Then he went off on how I was just repeating stuff I'd read, and carried it to the other thread.

I got upset at being lied about.

I can't speak for them.

Posts: 3653 | Location: Nashville | Registered: July 23, 2012Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
OK, that's pretty good. Now, tell me how you showing up in the other thread helped matters.

Don't you think it would have been a good idea to use the report-this-post function to make me aware of all this stuff?

No one reported this quarrel to me until tonight. If that had been done earlier, things wouldn't be as tense as they are now.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Let's see, who's next?

jimmy

jimmyjimmyjimmyjimmyjimmyjimmyjimmy

jimmy, do you happen to own a parachute or a functional ejection set?

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

posted Hide Post
quote:
Let's see, who's next?

jimmy

jimmyjimmyjimmyjimmyjimmyjimmyjimmy

jimmy, do you happen to own a parachute or a functional ejection set?

No, I don't happen to own either. I just was over the thread with my last post and stopped reading the thread.

Seems as if Pedropcola renounces anyone and anything that doesn't agree with what he thinks (as far as steel cased ammo goes anyways) no matter what. It was probably stupid to keep replying to him as it's the definition of insanity.

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
How about a jet pack? Any chance you own a jet pack?

At any rate, the point is this- next time you realize you're in a pointless back-and-forth with someone, I want you to bail out with your chute or punch out with your ejection seat, or fire up your jet pack and take off. Get outta there.

Don't forget now. When the arguing starts, get out before the thread crashes. Would you do that for me?

posted Hide Post
quote:
How about a jet pack? Any chance you own a jet pack?

At any rate, the point is this- next time you realize you're in a pointless back-and-forth with someone, I want you to bail out with your chute or punch out with your ejection seat, or fire up your jet pack and take off. Get outta there.

Don't forget now. When the arguing starts, get out before the thread crashes. Would you do that for me?

yes.

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Good, thank you.

So, this one is finished.