SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    M17 parts...not good
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

M17 parts...not good Login/Join 
Picture of incogneato
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scottcc:
The spring is 5.4mm long and 2.4mm wide with very fine wire. Or .094” wide and .215” long. I didn’t give respectively. It was not hard to do, but beings I’m an aircraft mechanic helps. The wire is about .006” or .15 mm fine. The commemorative only has one 20T screw holding the plate.

same measurements I got on my commercial M17 LCI spring.

Posts: 124 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: September 20, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of incogneato
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fundman:
Is the M17 spring different from the spring in the P320? Maybe just call back and say you need the part for a P320.

This part is not on the standard P320

Posts: 124 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: September 20, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you Scottcc for the measurements and incongeato for the confirmation. Off to source a spring. I find it odd they have different ways to attach the plate, but its sig.
I wonder if there is LCI in any of the other fun states 320's like MA for example.
But in any case I should be able to find or make a spring at this point.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 11002 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The M17 commemorative uses the Delta Point Pro while the 320-M17 uses the Romeo.

Posts: 16 | Location: WV | Registered: July 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not in mine at least. DPPro is what fits. Mounting the DPPro is what lead to the lost spring.
You can mount a romeo I've seen in pictures but it doesn't actually fit the cutout.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: hrcjon,

posted Hide Post
Had same problem and same results! What I was told is take the LCI off and use the pistol. When the spring becomes available, reinstall. Not a good way to do business!

Posts: 4 | Registered: April 30, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Yeah, but it's still nice to know that the LCI doesn't do anything (else) critical to the pistol's function. Sometimes you take what you can get.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tcba_joe
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scottcc:
The M17 commemorative uses the Delta Point Pro while the 320-M17 uses the Romeo.

Wrong.

ALL models of the M17 (Mil, Commemorative, Commercial, Bravo) use the DPP footprint. I (and many others) have DPPs mounted on our commercial M17s.

OP, not that this helps you now, but for anyone else, I suggest putting a piece of electrical tape over the LCI before taking the slide plate off.

Posts: 195 | Registered: August 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I won't lose it again once I get it replaced. I had no idea it was there and of course the sig manual includes nothing in it about it. I'm pretty sure (its not here yet) that I have a source for the correct replacement spring. Will advise others when confirmed.