Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P225a1 Grips Login/Join 
posted
Hi everyone,

Recently ordered a P225a1 for the wife, as she likes the look of my 228 but is a bit big for her hands. The gun was pictured with the G10 medallion grips, but came with the wood medallion grips instead. She likes the look of the grips, but they're a bit big for her. I know Hogue makes G10 grips for the P225a1, but does anyone know if they're smaller than the wood grips? Generally speaking, wood grips are larger, but with the pictures it's hard to tell. Thanks.

HTML permitted only if you have specific permission

Posts: 47 | Location: Waco, TX | Registered: July 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hey I think Hogue G10 grips are as thin as you are going to get for now...Unless someone like wilson Combat supes up a 225A1

Evil Triumphs When Good Men Do Nothing

Posts: 777 | Location: NC | Registered: November 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I figure the G10's are usually thin, but are they thinner than the wood on the P225a1?

Posts: 47 | Location: Waco, TX | Registered: July 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
While I don't have specific measurements the G10s will be thinner. The G10s on my P225A1 are extremely comfortable and your wife should like them quite a bit.

Laughing in the face of danger is all well and good until danger laughs back.

Posts: 496 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: July 08, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I started with nothing,
and still have most of it
Picture of stiab
posted Hide Post
I have both, and the G10 don't feel as good in my hand as the wood because the checkering is too sharp and aggressive IMO. I just measured them and the wood is slightly thicker, but she may prefer how they feel with the smooth back strap. I certainly do.

"While not every Democrat is a horse thief, every horse thief is a Democrat." HORACE GREELEY

Posts: 1858 | Location: Central NC | Registered: May 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stiab:
I have both, and the G10 don't feel as good in my hand as the wood because the checkering is too sharp and aggressive IMO. I just measured them and the wood is slightly thicker, but she may prefer how they feel with the smooth back strap. I certainly do.

That's a big help, thanks. G10 grips ain't cheap, so I wanted to be sure they were smaller before giving them a chance.

I started with nothing,
and still have most of it
Picture of stiab
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mobius:
...G10 grips ain't cheap...

You are right, but the MSRP on the gun your wife has (wood grips) is actually higher. The back of the G10's are sharply checkered, the back of the woods are smooth. Also, the side checkering on the wood grips is less aggressive. Good luck with your decision!

"While not every Democrat is a horse thief, every horse thief is a Democrat." HORACE GREELEY

Posts: 1858 | Location: Central NC | Registered: May 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have the sig emblem g10's and the g10's from the carry version. The original 225a1 sig emblem g10's are thin. Can't imagine getting thinner than those. The Carry versions are slightly more rounded and thick, sharp too. I don't know which I prefer.

Posts: 7459 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post