Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Langdon XD-E Login/Join 
Picture of dc54
posted
I was considering an XD-E and now Langdon Tactical has one on it's website. Damn!

Sigs, HKs, 1911s, Berettas, Glocks and SW revolvers

Posts: 1034 | Location: GA | Registered: February 04, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dc54
posted Hide Post
Labor Day 10% off. I’ll have it by Wednesday. Polymer P239 with safety?

Posts: 1034 | Location: GA | Registered: February 04, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Price?

Love my Sigs but carry my Glocks

Posts: 374 | Registered: February 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
https://www.langdontactical.co...on-tactical-edition/

According to this, $738.

"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts." Sherlock Holmes

Posts: 1286 | Registered: February 26, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
I’ve used a base XD-E. It was sorta reminiscent of a poly P239. Will be interesting to see the feedback on the LTT version.

Posts: 13806 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RioGrande481
posted Hide Post
I have a LTT Beretta 92 Elite and have installed a couple of their “trigger job in a bag” kits on Beretta 92s. They make good stuff!

RioGrande481

“I didn’t get where I am today by everything smelling of Bolivian Unicyclist’s jock straps!”
C.J. Supercut 1976

Posts: 524 | Registered: August 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by henryarnaud:
https://www.langdontactical.co...on-tactical-edition/

According to this, $738.

All in how much you want to pay but I think that's a bit much for a Springfield.

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cummings Custom Refinishing
posted Hide Post
I agree too much money. You can buy a XD cheaper

Cummings Custom Refinishing offers Quality Craftsmanship at affordable prices. Fully Lic FFL's for over 30 years
OFTEN IMITATED BUT NEVER DUPLICATED
423-639-8924
www.ccrrefinishing.com

Posts: 5208 | Location: Eastern Tn | Registered: March 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dc54
posted Hide Post
Add the night sights and trigger job and it seems reasonable. Plus an extra mag. It will replace a Langdon PX4 Compact Carry as my EDC if it's even close to what the Beretta is.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: dc54,

Picture of dc54
posted Hide Post
Picked up my Langdon XDE today. Nicer Trigger than stock. Smooth DA and crisp SA. The SA breaks further back after reset, but not bad. The sights are easy to pick up. I’ve found I can get a full grip with the flush fit mag so it should conceal easily. Almost identical to my Px4 compact and P239, just much thinner. Fits in stealthgear holsters for the Px4. If I shoot it well and it’s reliable, it will make a great aiwb gun. Hopefully will get to the range this weekend.

Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dc54:
Picked up my Langdon XDE today. Nicer Trigger than stock. Smooth DA and crisp SA. The SA breaks further back after reset, but not bad. The sights are easy to pick up. I’ve found I can get a full grip with the flush fit mag so it should conceal easily. Almost identical to my Px4 compact and P239, just much thinner. Fits in stealthgear holsters for the Px4. If I shoot it well and it’s reliable, it will make a great aiwb gun. Hopefully will get to the range this weekend.

I placed the gunsmithing order today to send in my “back of the safe” XDE. I’ve been waiting for two years for Galloway to do something and decided to just go with LTT. Love my LTT PX4!

NRA Patron Member, Instructor and CRSO
NC CCH Instructor
GRNC Life Member
VCDL Member

Posts: 1838 | Registered: April 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dc54
posted Hide Post
Don’t expect it to be as good as your LTT PX4, but it’s still nice. Side by side they are similar, but the PX4 stacks less and breaks a bit further forward. I have 3 PX4s. LTT carry, compact carry and 45. Needless to say, i’m a big fan. Looking forward to carrying the skinny cousin.

Picture of dc54
posted Hide Post
Took my Langdon XD-E to the range. Surprisingly little recoil. Accurate at the distance I was shooting. The trigger breaks very far back, but is easily managed. I did have 1 light strike that fired on the 2nd Trigger pull. I also had a couple failures to return to battery. No issues shooting a variety of carry ammo. I prefer shooting my PX4 Compact Carry, but the XD-E is a dream to carry. A few more range sessions and it will probably be my choice for aiwb. I did choose the 12# mainspring when I ordered it.

posted Hide Post
I've had mine for a little over a week, 400 rds. of 147 and 124 gr. Blazer Brass with no issues. No self defense ammo yet. I like it, easy to rack, good sights, levers are low profile. LTT isn't going to let anything out of his shop that doesn't work. I have the 12# hammer spring too, nice DA.

Posts: 931 | Location: Central Ohio | Registered: January 05, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post