SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    New P365XL Range Report ***Update 01/28/2020***
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New P365XL Range Report ***Update 01/28/2020*** Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I have a 365XL and for my hand it is ideal. I shoot it very well, but I have not trained my hands to that screwy Glock grip angle so all other guns fit me right.

I think the 365XL is ideal for me. I didn't add a hogue grip like I have on many other guns.

It sucks that Sig has these great designs, but likes to cut little corners and put out guns with unnecessary problems like OP is having.

229, 220, 320 Xcompact, 365, 365XL

Posts: 38 | Location: Omaha NE | Registered: October 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rockchalk06
posted Hide Post
New RSA arrived today. Doesn't feel any different, but we will see.

Posts: 1363 | Location: OK | Registered: April 13, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rockchalk06
posted Hide Post
Going back to Sig.....

Received the new RSA from Sig yesterday (01/09/2020) and hit the range after a short day of work today. Started off with 115 grain Sig FMJ ammo. Round 8 and round 11, failure to return to battery. I didn't even get through a damn full mag before two issues. I gave up and went home. Then spent another 34 minutes and 51 seconds getting through to Sig for a return label. Shipping this piece of shit back and hoping for a new firearm. Sell it and be done. I'll stick with my Sig P365 I've had for a year and chalk it up to lesson learned.

I'm really damn sick of Sig using me for R&D. I'm done with this weapon. Even if they do get it running, no way I'm ever going to trust it.

Posts: 1363 | Location: OK | Registered: April 13, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear that. I really want to like the P365 XL but your report worries me.

Posts: 30 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: December 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hah!
My experience continues to duplicate Rockchalk's.
I got my RSA from Sig Tuesday, hit the range today.
It was actually satisfying. In that it was unequivocal. Fired one 10 round and two 12 round magazines. With each magazine got 3-4 full RTB's and two visibly, audibly delayed and slow RTB.
So back to Sig.
Do remember, though, as mentioned in my earlier post, the same 365 lower functions perfectly (1100-1200 rounds) with the original 365 (short) upper. Still a great gun. (But I was glad I also took my G43 to the range.)

Posts: 826 | Location: Baltimore, MD | Registered: March 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rockchalk06
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ScotP7:
Hah!
My experience continues to duplicate Rockchalk's.
I got my RSA from Sig Tuesday, hit the range today.
It was actually satisfying. In that it was unequivocal. Fired one 10 round and two 12 round magazines. With each magazine got 3-4 full RTB's and two visibly, audibly delayed and slow RTB.
So back to Sig.
Do remember, though, as mentioned in my earlier post, the same 365 lower functions perfectly (1100-1200 rounds) with the original 365 (short) upper. Still a great gun. (But I was glad I also took my G43 to the range.)

That sucks man.

I had my Norsso P320 build and zeroed my Glock 19's RMR today, so it was a decent day. That 19 is scary good!!!!!

posted Hide Post
Rock you have an email. I think I can help with the P365XL.

Posts: 550 | Location: Texas | Registered: November 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JDJ:
Sorry to hear that. I really want to like the P365 XL but your report worries me.

I'll second that.

Posts: 10055 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rockchalk06
posted Hide Post
P365XL returned from Sig on 01/21/2020. Said they polished chamber area/feedramp, replaced the RSA and cleaned it. I can see the feed ramp, RSA that locks into the locking block and chamber area has been polished. Not sure what oil substance they use, but it looks as thin as water. Said they fired 100 rounds and not an issue.

Hit the range on the 22nd. Finished the day with 242 rounds total. Round count 202 had a failure to return to battery. By the time I brought the weapon down from draw and dropped the mag, it had returned to battery. I pulled the slide and barrel and noticed that the carbon build up was bad. I was shooting 147 grain HST and the smoke was crazy. Not sure if a bad box? or what. I wiped the barrel down and hit it with some Ballistol. Fired the remaining 40 rounds of HST with no issues.

Friday the 24th, I hit the range again. This time, I did not clean the weapon at all from the previous range trip. 280 rounds total fired. Not a single issue. I started with 50 rounds of 147 grain HST, which still smoked like a cowboy action gun, mixed up 115 grain Sig FMJ, 124 grain Blazer Brass and then ended with another 50 rounds of 147 grain HST. I really got this Sig hot. It was below 40 on friday and even with gloves on, this sucker was smoking hot. I did my damnedest to get it to fail today. Not one single issue.

I put 100 rounds of 147 grain HST through my standard P365 as well. This was after the XL run. I've placed an order for a standard curved trigger for the XL. I couldn't believe how uncomfortable it was compared to the stock curved trigger.

I keep a very accurate round count of all my weapons, but had no part in this. That days 280, made it an even 1200.

I think I am pretty dang happy with this. I'm not ready to drop 150 on a leather rig yet, but I'm close. Next step is finding and mounting an MRDS, then have the leather rig built around it.

I'm going to call this Sig P365XL fixed. Crazy, 1200 rounds and it's still almost a tight as the day I got it.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: rockchalk06,

posted Hide Post
Thanks for the update. Strongly considering one of these myself after trying out someone else that worked perfectly.

It sounds like there is just barely too much friction in the system on some of them, but enough cycling/shooting should be a cure.

Posts: 469 | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rockchalk06
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by metric:
Thanks for the update. Strongly considering one of these myself after trying out someone else that worked perfectly.

It sounds like there is just barely too much friction in the system on some of them, but enough cycling/shooting should be a cure.

I 100% agree. I don't think replacing the RSA did anything anyway. They may have accelerated the wear on it in what ever they did.

I have a coworker with one and his has maybe 100 rounds through it. It's not near as tight as mine. No excuses, as they should have ever left the factory that way, but in almost every case of return to battery issues I've heard or read about, the user claims it feels super tight.

Picture of sjames
posted Hide Post
Been following your situation. Glad it sounds like it's getting worked out.

I'm also very interested in the XL. I picked up one of the XL grip modules for my 365 and it is the perfect size for my purposes. I'll still use the regular module for deeper concealment needs but I can AIWB the XL grip and it is incredibly easy to conceal.

You mentioned looking for a red dot. I've been reading about the new Holosun 507k (I think) and they say its better than the Romeo Zero. Metal body to it.
Something to consider...I am, for down the road!

Posts: 2505 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: August 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rockchalk06
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sjames:

I'm also very interested in the XL. I picked up one of the XL grip modules for my 365 and it is the perfect size for my purposes. I'll still use the regular module for deeper concealment needs but I can AIWB the XL grip and it is incredibly easy to conceal.

You mentioned looking for a red dot. I've been reading about the new Holosun 507k (I think) and they say its better than the Romeo Zero. Metal body to it.

I did the same to my P365. I bought the XL Gray Guns grip module for the XL, but liked it more on my P365. It rides OWB daily in a Grizzle GS2. I prefer the grip module being full length over a break then a mag floor plate. Feels better in the hand. May be just in my head though.

I have been watching the videos on the 507k. I'm impressed. All of the Holoson MRDS's have received really good reviews and results. They also have the battery tray on the 507k to the side. I think they said street price was around 290. That's a good deal if the optic is a durable as I hope.

posted Hide Post
One of the reasons I really like this pistol is that it has surprisingly good mechanical accuracy for something designed for concealed carry.

I'm sure that is partly due to the unusually tight fit.

I have the slim frame Glocks, and they perform well for the SD and concealed carry role. But I'm a bit of a nut for extracting long-range accuracy from smallish pistols. The 365XL may be the perfect pistol for that. And if it takes a little extra wear-in to get the perfect balance of tight fit and reliability, that's not a terrible bargain.

Posts: 469 | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sjames
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rockchalk06:
quote:
Originally posted by sjames:

I did the same to my P365. I bought the XL Gray Guns grip module for the XL, but liked it more on my P365. It rides OWB daily in a Grizzle GS2. I prefer the grip module being full length over a break then a mag floor plate. Feels better in the hand. May be just in my head though.

I have been watching the videos on the 507k. I'm impressed. All of the Holoson MRDS's have received really good reviews and results. They also have the battery tray on the 507k to the side. I think they said street price was around 290. That's a good deal if the optic is a durable as I hope.

Greatest benefit...for me...on the XL grip is on magazine changes. Less chance of pinching my palm.

Posts: 2505 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: August 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
P365XL returned from Sig on 01/21/2020. Said they polished chamber area/feedramp, replaced the RSA and cleaned it. I can see the feed ramp, RSA that locks into the locking block and chamber area has been polished. Not sure what oil substance they use, but it looks as thin as water. Said they fired 100 rounds and not an issue.

Hit the range on the 22nd. Finished the day with 242 rounds total. Round count 202 had a failure to return to battery. By the time I brought the weapon down from draw and dropped the mag, it had returned to battery. I pulled the slide and barrel and noticed that the carbon build up was bad. I was shooting 147 grain HST and the smoke was crazy. Not sure if a bad box? or what. I wiped the barrel down and hit it with some Ballistol. Fired the remaining 40 rounds of HST with no issues.

Friday the 24th, I hit the range again. This time, I did not clean the weapon at all from the previous range trip. 280 rounds total fired. Not a single issue. I started with 50 rounds of 147 grain HST, which still smoked like a cowboy action gun, mixed up 115 grain Sig FMJ, 124 grain Blazer Brass and then ended with another 50 rounds of 147 grain HST. I really got this Sig hot. It was below 40 on friday and even with gloves on, this sucker was smoking hot. I did my damnedest to get it to fail today. Not one single issue.

I put 100 rounds of 147 grain HST through my standard P365 as well. This was after the XL run. I've placed an order for a standard curved trigger for the XL. I couldn't believe how uncomfortable it was compared to the stock curved trigger.

I keep a very accurate round count of all my weapons, but had no part in this. That days 280, made it an even 1200.

I think I am pretty dang happy with this. I'm not ready to drop 150 on a leather rig yet, but I'm close. Next step is finding and mounting an MRDS, then have the leather rig built around it.

I'm going to call this Sig P365XL fixed. Crazy, 1200 rounds and it's still almost a tight as the day I got it.

Rockchalk,
That is really great news. Glad to hear and thanks for posting.
Recall I have the exact same issue with my 365XL upper when on my regular, flawless 365 lower, also with no benefit from a new RSA. I have a return lable from Sig, but have not sent in yet because I am traveling a bit and need to be able to receive their return. How long did it take from the day you shipped it back till when it was returned to you?
Thanks,
Scott

Posts: 826 | Location: Baltimore, MD | Registered: March 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Giftedly Outspoken
Picture of sigarms229
posted Hide Post
Great update. I was surprised of your issues when I read them as my P365XL is very tight and has been flawless. I have over 1krds thru it with zero issues.

Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six

Posts: 4522 | Location: SouthCentral PA | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rockchalk06
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ScotP7:
quote:

Rockchalk,
That is really great news. Glad to hear and thanks for posting.
Recall I have the exact same issue with my 365XL upper when on my regular, flawless 365 lower, also with no benefit from a new RSA. I have a return lable from Sig, but have not sent in yet because I am traveling a bit and need to be able to receive their return. How long did it take from the day you shipped it back till when it was returned to you?
Thanks,
Scott

Thank you sir.

I sent it off Sig on the 11th of January and it was in my hand on the 21st.