SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Added a new 3” 625 to the stable
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Added a new 3” 625 to the stable Login/Join 
posted
This beauty arrived from the West Coast today and is settling in well with it bigger 4” brother. Range report on Friday Big Grin.

Posts: 1096 | Location: Orange Park, FL. | Registered: November 26, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fly High, A.J.
Picture of tk13
posted Hide Post
She's a beauty.

Posts: 1645 | Location: Suffolk, VA | Registered: March 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
That is extremely nice. I would really enjoy a pic of its rear sight blade. If that is factory S&W, it sure is a bit different. Looks like a nicely rounded hammer spur also. Nice feature for a defense wheel gun.

Posts: 17891 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Each post crafted from
rich Corinthian leather
Picture of TheFrontRange
posted Hide Post
Oh, that is nice - congrats!

"The sea was angry that day, my friends - like an old man trying to send back soup in a deli." - George Costanza

Posts: 6687 | Registered: September 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wow! She sure is purdy! I have a 25-2 that I bought new in the early 70s and it is an amazing shooter. I never used moon clips and It runs reliably that way. I just pop out the empties with a pencil. I only used auto Rim for competition.

Posts: 393 | Location: Florida Gulf Coast | Registered: October 17, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Gorgeous.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7631 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
What a great looking 625. I was unaware they even made a 3". Hope it shoots as good as it looks.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36834 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just mobilize it
posted Hide Post
That is slick right there!

Posts: 4608 | Registered: July 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
Beautiful gun!

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15249 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Delta-3
posted Hide Post
Nice! I picked up a 625-3 3" a few months ago for my son & have a 4" coming this week for me. Love those 45 wheel guns.

Rom 13:4 If you do evil, be afraid. For he does not bear the sword in vain. For he is God's minister, an avenger to execute wrath on him who practices evil.

Posts: 702 | Location: NW Ohio but Montana is always home. | Registered: September 30, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Nice gun, great addition, well done!

Posts: 13796 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Beautiful gun. That one's a keeper. Congratulations!

Posts: 462 | Location: Illinois | Registered: June 13, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well done!!

Posts: 11744 | Location: Western Oklahoma | Registered: June 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I used to have a 4" 625 and always wanted a 3" but was never able to find one. Great gun. Lot's of luck.

__________________Making Good People Helpless . . . Will Not Make Bad People Harmless!___________________

Posts: 1731 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: May 26, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Cobra21
posted Hide Post
Wow. Well done. That is a lovely specimen. That set you back a pretty penny I'd guess!

Risk the consequences of honesty...

Posts: 4498 | Location: DFW, TX | Registered: December 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Good, bad, I'm the
guy with the gun
Picture of 45ProCarry
posted Hide Post
Very nice. I have always wanted a 3 inch 625. I just never wanted to pay what sellers were asking for them.

Posts: 2343 | Location: USA | Registered: May 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
David Lee

Here are pics of the rear sight. It has night sights that are long dead. It sure looks factory, but I don’t know. It came in the original box with papers.

With its 4” brother.

P 220..... the 3” is the hardest to find and most expensive. With that being said, the fine gentleman I acquired it from gave me a great deal. This is my second time owning this very gun Big Grin. It came from the West Coast several years ago, went back to the owner, and now back to me again. I missed it....lol.

Posts: 1096 | Location: Orange Park, FL. | Registered: November 26, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Great Equalizer
Picture of colt_saa
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by usncorpsman:
This beauty arrived from the West Coast today and is settling in well with it bigger 4” brother. Range report on Friday Big Grin.

Congratulations,
I have always loved the big bore snubbies. The Merolight Night Sights work well. I have then on one of my 8 shot 627s. Who did the front sight for you? Is that an SDM?

I stumbled upon my 3" 625 last summer. It had push off and rubber grips, but I fixed those problems

quote:
Originally posted by P-220:
What a great looking 625. I was unaware they even made a 3". Hope it shoots as good as it looks.

P220, not only is there a 3", there was a 2 1/2" Night Guard built on the Scandium N-frame and there is even a 2" Scandium 625 available in 45ACP or 45 Long Colt

------------------------------------------------------------------
NRA Benefactor . . . Certified Instructor . . . Certified RSO
SWCA

356TSW.com
45talk.com
RacingPlanetUSA.Com

Posts: 5176 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: November 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
Thank you Navy for posting the additional photos. The markings on its rear sight blade are those of Trijicon. Meprolight makes a similar rear sight and my guess is the Mepros would have larger diameter dots. I could not find a Trijicon rear sight made for a S&W N frame so perhaps these were brokered by the factory from Trijicon. Pretty unusual on a revolver. Your 625 uses the old school pivoting hammer nose and has the older style frame lug. All you need now sir is a few boxes of .45 Super ammo.. Cool

Posts: 17891 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post