SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Well, I Did It: P210A Target
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Well, I Did It: P210A Target Login/Join 
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted
I'd pretty much given up on the idea. No local stock, so I'd never even handled one. And $1,500+ was a lot of money. I headed over to look at something completely different at a LGS with which I've done business before, and decided to stop by a newer, smaller LGS recommended by one of the owners of my gym.

Friendly greetings and a humorous exchange right of the bat told me I was going to like this place. Started to tell the guy behind the counter "I was looking for a P210 Target, but..." He stopped me. "We have one of those."

He looks down at the case... at the empty spot in the case, and "Oh, guess not. It looks like we sold it." "Probably just as well, " I started to reply, when the owner spoke up and said "Nope. It's still here. The guy hasn't come to claim it."

Sure enough: There it was. And, sure enough: It was everything everybody said it was. Long story short: I figured it was kismet, the Family CFO approved an advance on my contract job earnings, I went back this afternoon, and...

Boy, is this one sweet pistol. The "Texas-sized" grips, as somebody once called them, are great in my large-to-extra-large paws. The rest, well, y'all have heard it before, so I won't bore you with the repetition.

Can't wait to get 'er on the range.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congratulations, that's a beautiful piece of hardware!

Posts: 1702 | Registered: November 07, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congratulations! That is beautiful.

Posts: 255 | Registered: February 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ridewv
posted Hide Post
Congratulations on finding one and what sounds like a nice gun store as well! Beautiful pistol I think I will keep an eye out for one myself.

No car is as much fun to drive, as any motorcycle is to ride.

Posts: 7097 | Location: Northern WV | Registered: January 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcs1564
posted Hide Post
Congrats Jim! You'll certainly like it. Decided to hold onto mine even though I will eventually pick up a Swiss made one.

------------
SP2022 - 9mm

Posts: 1260 | Location: CT | Registered: January 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congrats, you will not be disappointed. She gets better every time I shoot her.

Posts: 114 | Location: NJ | Registered: December 09, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of policetruck
posted Hide Post
Glad you were able to find one!

www.landwarfare.net
Veteran owned 07 FFL/ 02 SOT
LandWarfareNow@gmail.com
Instagram @land.warfare

Posts: 1194 | Location: Va | Registered: July 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congratulations!

Posts: 11744 | Location: Western Oklahoma | Registered: June 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Considering your location and "newer, smaller LGS" was it PA&A? A couple times I was in there late last year they mentioned they had a P210 coming in around Feb.

Posts: 351 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 30, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
Thanks, guys!

quote:
Originally posted by mcs1564:
Decided to hold onto mine even though I will eventually pick up a Swiss made one.

I noticed that Smile

I'm usually disinclined to trade-off or sell a firearm unless I know for sure I won't use it any more. My G22 has been superseded by my P239 SAS for carry and my P320F for home defence, and my LCR has been superseded by my LCP, so I'm going to sell those eventually. Conversely: Though I don't carry my 4" bbl. Security Six any more, still: It's a nice wheel gun and I can see myself doing so again. (And .357 Mag still kicks ass.)

quote:
Originally posted by ah3:
Considering your location and "newer, smaller LGS" was it PA&A? A couple times I was in there late last year they mentioned they had a P210 coming in around Feb.

Don't know what or where PA&A is, so, no.

I need a couple more mags for this bad boy. Is TGS my best bet for price, availability and reputation?

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
Congrats! I’d like to have one too, but no chance here in Commiefornia. I’ll just have to make do with my X5 Comp with Burke action job.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8947 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
Congrats. They are indeed fine pistols. I do like mine a lot although the target stocks really aren't my thing. I'd be on the hook for a set of G10s if such a creation ever came to market.

The most wondrous thing about the P210A is that it does show that SIG NH can do it the right way straight out of the box. Now that I've said that, someone better not contradict me and claim that it's not drop safe or that it's prone to breaking firing pins! Wink

You're going to enjoy it.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Look for occasional Sig Special sales...they had 210A mags listed in their last one, I believe.
You need the 210A mags, not the legend or swiss I believe.
It's a great shooting pistol and the trigger is very nice, getting even nicer after a few hundred rounds.
But be warned, it IS a light target trigger and untill you get really use to it, don't be suprised by some "early firings".
I LIKE target triggers, but it is clearly NOT a CCW pistol.
But it does GREAT for its' intended use.
FWIW: Take down is a little tricky until you get use to it.

Posts: 957 | Registered: March 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pipe Smoker:
Congrats! I’d like to have one too, but no chance here in Commiefornia.

Thanks. It's 8+1. I thought Cali's limit was ten rounds?

quote:
Originally posted by soggy_spinout:
Congrats.
You're going to enjoy it.

Thanks!

quote:
Originally posted by drshame:
Look for occasional Sig Special sales...they had 210A mags listed in their last one, I believe.

<looks...> Expired out of my trash folder, already. Thanks for the hint.

quote:
You need the 210A mags, not the legend or swiss I believe.

I believe you're correct.

quote:
But be warned, it IS a light target trigger and until you get really use to it, don't be surprised by some "early firings".

I'm somewhat used to target triggers. The trigger on my Mk I is very light. The trigger on my TC, when I shot handgun metal silhouette, was so light it was almost "I think I'll press the trigger" and *BAM*.

Funny how the Mk I trigger happened. I'd asked a smith to tune it for me. "Autos aren't my thing," he warned me. I told him to give it a go, anyway. He botched it. I sent it in to Ruger to fix. They sent it back with a perfect trigger.

quote:
I LIKE target triggers, but it is clearly NOT a CCW pistol.

I've seen people suggest they wanted to do just that and thought "really?"

I've got carry guns for carry and a G34 for combat-style competition shooting. This is meant to be a target pistol and that's how I'll use it. (Tho my eyes are pretty much crap at distance, any more.)

quote:
FWIW: Take down is a little tricky until you get use to it.

Noted. Thanks!

Picture of shoevb
posted Hide Post
A beautiful pistol. You will really enjoy it.

Gunmag Warehouse has magazines for about $35.00 I believe.

Posts: 1218 | Location: Hampton Roads | Registered: February 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by shoevb:
A beautiful pistol. You will really enjoy it.

Thanks!

quote:
Originally posted by shoevb:
Gunmag Warehouse has magazines for about $35.00 I believe.

Thanks for the hint, but, for the $4 difference I'll give TGS my business. Esp. given the 2nd search hit I got on Gunmag Warehouse was a Yelp page and the reviews are horrendous.

Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
Nicely done. Smile

In case you didn't see it, the NRA magazine American Rifleman recently did a review of the P210A that I think you'll like: https://www.americanrifleman.o...america-p210-pistol/
Here's a bit from the range report in the article:
quote:
But the average group for the whole exercise was 0.91"; that is simply superb performance. In fact, it makes the SIG P210 the most accurate center-fire pistol I have fired in the past 20 years.

Posts: 15027 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Beautiful pistol! I've toyed with the idea of getting one for some time, and being as I have a guitar to sell I may still do that.

In reading up on the P210 I found it interesting that the Danish Military has used them for some time...and just recently decided to replace them with the SIG P320 X-Carry. From what I've heard/read about the P210, that's high praise indeed for the P320 X-Carry!

Posts: 1251 | Location: Oregon | Registered: March 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
quote:
Originally posted by Pipe Smoker:
Congrats! I’d like to have one too, but no chance here in Commiefornia.

Thanks. It's 8+1. I thought Cali's limit was ten rounds?
<snip>

Correct. But the P210A isn’t on the infamous CA Roster, and never will be, because it doesn’t have the impossible-to-implement firing pin ID, nor an LCI.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8947 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I got a Million of 'em!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by policetruck:
Glad you were able to find one!

Ditto, love mine.

I got mags from a Sig online sale one time. I bought three mags and a leather holster and mag carrier from them. Can’t remember what I paid now but at the time, I thought it was a screaming deal.

Posts: 8145 | Location: Hiram, GA. | Registered: October 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post