SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Bought a CZ--Pic Added
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bought a CZ--Pic Added Login/Join 
posted
Over 45 years chasing guns and I've never owned a CZ before, last week I bought a Tactical Sport Orange in 9mm.
Wasn't really in the market for a new one, but you know how that goes.
LGS is a big CZ shop and the owner is always singing their praises and I have heard great things about them elsewhere/everywhere.
Always had a Hi Power around so never really thought about a 75 and while the PCR does tickle my interest, but I have my 225's.
So anyway I ended up with a TSO.
Then I'm reading, and rereading, the thread about Red Dots on pistols... https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...0601935/m/5920021654
And I started thinking about the Delta Point Pro I have that's basically sitting unused in the back of the safe...
So now the mounting plate from CZ is on the way and I anxiously await my new pistol to be released from Maryland paperwork jail.
I do plan on shooting it a bit with the irons before I take it to have the RDS put on.
So a twofer...never had a CZ before and never had a pistol with optic before.
We'll see how it goes.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: DLC762,

Everybody knows that the dice are loaded

Posts: 367 | Location: West Virginia | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 19tass
posted Hide Post
Congrats on the new purchase!

Posts: 1204 | Location: Southern Illinois | Registered: November 17, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was supposed to go pick up a CZ this afternoon. Got behind so it will have to wait till later this week. Also in Maryland jail.

I went the other side of the $$$ spectrum CZ wise. P10 C. 325 used like new. Feels like a better Glock 19. We shall see.

You will enjoy yours. My buddy has one it is nice.

Posts: 7344 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get on the fifty!
Picture of Andyb
posted Hide Post
You bought a supercar Smile My TSO ruined my other handguns for me, the trigger is amazing.

"Pickin' stones and pullin' teats is a hard way to make a living. But, sure as God's got sandals, it beats fightin' dudes with treasure trails."

"We've been tricked, we've been backstabbed, and we've been quite possibly, bamboozled."

Posts: 3583 | Location: OK | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We need some pics.

Posts: 1562 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: August 17, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just mobilize it
posted Hide Post
Nice! I picked one up back in January after my local fun store got in 8 of them! I really need to shoot it soon.

Posts: 4608 | Registered: July 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Do you do everything with that kind of gusto?

“Hey guys I bought a Ford. I should be picking up my new Ford GT tomorrow.” Smile

I have always wanted to sample one of CZ’s high end offerings. Enjoy.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7631 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
I bought a Sphinx SDP a few years ago on a similar lark. It has been a fantastic gun, but it has whet my appetite for for CZ. I think there's a decent chance that my next handgun purchase will be a CZ, but I don't know which one.

Posts: 8602 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Inject yourself!
posted Hide Post
Love mine in 40! Picked mine up the same way. Went to the gun shop for something, browsed the case and took it home.

Do not send me to a heaven where there are no dogs.
Step Up or Stand Aside: Support the Troops !
Expectations are premeditated disappointments.

Posts: 8339 | Location: West | Registered: November 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of swage
posted Hide Post
Every few months I look online for one. I haven't had any luck. I want one in 9mm. The ones I do find they want full MSRP on them. I won't do that. I'll luck into one some day. Congrats.

Posts: 1865 | Location: Westlake, OH USA | Registered: October 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's all part of
the adventure...
posted Hide Post
Congrats! If you’re goin’ in, might as well be all in, right? Cool I know you’ll enjoy her.

Regards From Sunny Tucson,
SigFan

NRA Life - IDPA - USCCA - GOA - JPFO - ACLDN - SAF - AZCDL - ASA

"Faith isn't believing that God can; it's knowing that He will." (From a sign on a church in Nicholasville, Kentucky)

Posts: 1677 | Location: Tucson, Arizona | Registered: January 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
congratulations. jumping in to the deep end of the CZ pool

Think of it as evolution in action

Posts: 11 | Location: Dallas | Registered: January 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
CZs are dead on accurate and extremely reliable.

Posts: 702 | Location: Gatesville, TX | Registered: January 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congrats your going to love it. I have a PCR, P-01, a Phantom (the polymer Czech army gun) and an Sp-101 Tactical. Honestly, the little one shoot as big as the big ones which isn't a bad thing because the big ones shoot about as good as it gets. Reliable and one ragged hole accurate.
You will love your Orange, and i am willing to bet that no way do you not get another CZ after you shoot it !!

Posts: 539 | Registered: August 09, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Blue Dog:
We need some pics.

Yeah, I knew that would come up as soon as I got home and remembered that I forgot to take a pic or two at the store.
Pics as soon as I pick it up.
I'm really excited about taking this one out for a spin (and that was even before I got all the pro CZ feedback).
Thanks guys!

Posts: 367 | Location: West Virginia | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You might want to change the thread title. I suggest something like, "Bought My First CZ". They seem to be addictive.

Ignem Feram

Posts: 528 | Registered: October 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
TSO released from paperwork jail yesterday, the mounting plate arrived on Tuesday and I had the Delta Point Pro.
Some assembly required.
I plan on shooting it some before I have the optic mounted.

Picture of fz4vgq
posted Hide Post
I have a TSO on order from my LGS..... says they are hens teeth currently.... you lucked out.

No offense meant with this question... curious why you didn't go with the frame mount for optics from the Custom Shop store ?

Posts: 2463 | Location: Winter Wonderland | Registered: April 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I also have a TSO and I went with the frame mount for the optics. The downside is that you have to remove the rear sight or take the frame mount off to remove the slide. I have not mounted my optics yet, but this is what I have learned along the way.

"Shoot lower, Sheriff, They're ridin' shetlands"
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?

Posts: 1360 | Location: S.E. Wi. | Registered: October 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Basically, I just prefer the looks of the optic mounted on the slide even with the advantages of the frame mount.
I'm a plinker and really don't shoot nearly as much as I would like to, so the speed back on target and the life span of the optic don't figure in for me.

I do have a question for you about the TSO magazines.
Mine seem to be missing a locking plate to hold the mag base securely onto the mag, see pic. Are the ones for yours the same?
Every other mag I have seems to have a locking feature for the mag base.