SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Which Trijicon rmr and mount/screw set to I need for my pistol?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Which Trijicon rmr and mount/screw set to I need for my pistol? Login/Join 
Picture of cooger
posted
I've settled on a type 2 trijicon rmr for my glock 19 MOS. There are so many different models of RMRs that I can't decide which one to get. My biggest hang up is the manual vs adjustable brightness settings. I want one that has the manual setting but looking through Primary Arms website it is hard to figure out which sights have that and which don't.

Also, I've heard that people use special screws for the MOS system.

Can someone help me out with what model and screws I need? I feel like it shouldn't be this hard to figure out.

Posts: 1516 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: December 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You don't say what use you plan for the gun which might influence the answer. But based on my very long history on using these RMR's you want the manual adjust models either an RM06 or RM07 depending on your dot size preference. The best all around model is the RM06. The auto system is not ready for prime time yet.
To mount on a glock MOS you want the AC32064 MOS mounting kit. It's available everywhere (amazon is where I usually get mine). That includes the necessary parts to mount it, including the correct screws. There are other sources for the screws, but the kit is the easy way.
If you want some more detailed info let me know a bit about your use.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 11002 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Delta-3
posted Hide Post
I'll second hrcjon on the RMR. The RM06 "gen 2"is the one you want. Dot size is your preference. Sorry, can't help with any glock mounting advice. I'm a M&P guy.

Rom 13:4 If you do evil, be afraid. For he does not bear the sword in vain. For he is God's minister, an avenger to execute wrath on him who practices evil.

Posts: 705 | Location: NW Ohio but Montana is always home. | Registered: September 30, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'll quibble in that I personally prefer the RM07's larger dot. I don't have any problem scoring 95-2X at 25 yards, freestyle, with "called misses" due to trigger control. (CZ P-09 w/ milled slide)

I find the larger dot easier to find and track. It also seems to wobble less than my RM06 dot, so my timed drills and slow fire performance is consistently better with the larger dot.

I can see how a more experienced dot shooter could extract better long range results with a smaller dot, but as a dot newbie, I'm preferring the big one.

Posts: 1173 | Location: DFW | Registered: January 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pittwm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cooger:
I've settled on a type 2 trijicon rmr for my glock 19 MOS. There are so many different models of RMRs that I can't decide which one to get. My biggest hang up is the manual vs adjustable brightness settings. I want one that has the manual setting but looking through Primary Arms website it is hard to figure out which sights have that and which don't.

Also, I've heard that people use special screws for the MOS system.

Can someone help me out with what model and screws I need? I feel like it shouldn't be this hard to figure out.

Both type 1 and 2 (models with left ans right buttons) can do either auto or manual. Going auto on it by pressing both left and right button at the same time.

Posts: 5445 | Location: Paducah KY | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a RM06 type 2 on a G17 MOS gen 5 and I like it a lot, if I had to do it all over again I would got the the RM07 as I really dont see any practical use of a handgun past 25 yds. On a normal civilian situation (self defense) you are responsible where your rounds go so I wouldn't try to engage a bad guy past 25 yds due to liability, so a bigger dot is in a way better for pistol applications but in reality it is personal preference.

Posts: 931 | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The answer as to what dot size works best is driven by what you will do with the gun which the OP has not said. I've shot tens of thousands of rounds competitively with an RMR on different pistols and despite numerous attempts at picking a 'best' size the difference between the 06 and 07 in practical terms is nill. The 07 is a bit better at speed and close and the 06 is better as the distances lengthen. At this point I have a bunch of both on different guns and I don't even notice which model is in use when shooting.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 11002 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
RM06 or RM07 Type 2. They have manual adjust buttons. The auto-adjust only 01 and 02 are just not worth the meager savings. I generally sell the RM06 with 3.25 MOA dot about 4:1 against the RM07 6.5 MOA dot. I use an RM06 on one of my own guns.

There might be a decent deal on NIB RM06 type 2s in the classifieds right now...

Posts: 5163 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post