SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Cnvert G23 to G19
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Cnvert G23 to G19 Login/Join 
Free men do not ask
permission to bear arms
Picture of George43
posted Hide Post
That mirrors my thinking.

A gun in the hand is worth more than ten policemen on the phone.
The American Revolution was carried out by a group of gun toting religious zealots.

Posts: 3808 | Location: Spring, Texas | Registered: June 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by George43:
Thank you for the data. I plan on owning three G19s for carry, range and backup. I might go the barrel route for range use. Did you change the extractor or ejector?

I just ordered a 40/9 conversion barrel.

If you are talking to me, I did not change anything other than the barrel and mags. I read somewhere that it's actually not a good idea to change the ejector when doing a caliber conversion so I left everything as is except barrel and mags. As I said, it's worked fine so far.

Posts: 5731 | Location: Chicago | Registered: August 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1KPerDay
posted Hide Post
For anyone interested I recently have been messing with a G22 and a couple of conversion barrels, extractors, and ejectors. With the .40 extractor and ejector I get no feeding issues but the occasional FTE. Like three times out of 20 mags. I also get occasional brass to the face.

With 9mm extractor and .40 ejector and .40 mags I get no FTE but occasional BTF.

With 9mm extractor and 9mm ejector And .40 mags I got nasty double feed/nosedive malfunctions multiple times per mag. But it extracted and ejected at 3-4 o’clock when it did fire.

With 9mm extractor, 9mm ejector, and 9mm mags I get good ejection pattern but some FTF.

Still working on the magic combo.

I do like shooting the full size Glock in 9mm. Very much more pleasant.

---------------------------
My hovercraft is full of eels.

Posts: 3188 | Registered: February 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
Just go out and buy yourself a 9mm Gen 5 MOS. Use it with the irons at first. If your eyes ever give you trouble, you can screw a red dot on it very easily.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post