SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Cnvert G23 to G19
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Cnvert G23 to G19 Login/Join 
Free men do not ask
permission to bear arms
Picture of George43
posted
Can it be done simply?

If so how?

A gun in the hand is worth more than ten policemen on the phone.
The American Revolution was carried out by a group of gun toting religious zealots.

Posts: 3808 | Location: Spring, Texas | Registered: June 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of spunk639
posted Hide Post
A 19 slide will go on a 23 Frame all day
Gen 2&3 slides fit on both frames Gen 4s have to be same generation but will fit

Posts: 2765 | Location: Boston, Mass | Registered: December 02, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Free men do not ask
permission to bear arms
Picture of George43
posted Hide Post
Thank you spunk639, can I just swap barrels?

Recoil springs?

Extractors?

The American Revolution was carried out by a group of gun toting religious zealots.

Posts: 3808 | Location: Spring, Texas | Registered: June 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1KPerDay
posted Hide Post
No you shouldn’t drop a G19 barrel in a G23. The diameter at the front is different and the dimensions around the lockup with the slide are a little different. It will probably function but not recommended.

Three levels of cost, ease, and possibly effectiveness/reliability:

1. Drop in 40/9 conversion barrel. Change nothing else. Mags will probably work.

2. Drop in 40/9 conversion barrel, use G19 mags, change extractor to 9mm. Yes it will fit. by the way MOST PEOPLE say to never use a 9mm EJECTOR with 40/9 conversion barrel.

3. Swap complete G19 upper onto your G23 frame and change ejector to 9mm. This effectively makes your G23 a G19. The frames are identical.

---------------------------
My hovercraft is full of eels.

Posts: 3188 | Registered: February 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Free men do not ask
permission to bear arms
Picture of George43
posted Hide Post
Thank both of you very much.

I probably will sell the G23 and buy a G19, as it will be used for carry.

Big Stack
posted Hide Post
I'd rather have a 23 as a carry piece than a 19. Get a conversion barrel if you want to save money at the range by shooting 9mm out of it. But carry it with .40.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
I have a FrankenG19 (G19 slide barrel assembly on a G23 frame) bought from a member here a few years back.

Q

Posts: 26205 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by George43:
Thank you spunk639, can I just swap barrels?

Recoil springs?

Extractors?

You can "just swap barrels" BUT it has to be a CONVERSION barrel.
Many have had very good results with a conversion barrel and a magazine swap only.

I would do it for a range gun but not so much for a self defense gun.

Google Glock G23 conversion barrel Glock G23 conversion barrel to see what your barrel options are.

Posts: 434 | Registered: November 03, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of spunk639
posted Hide Post
There are slides complete for sale on gun broker and ebay

Posts: 2765 | Location: Boston, Mass | Registered: December 02, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
quote:
Thank both of you very much.

I probably will sell the G23 and buy a G19, as it will be used for carry.

This is what I did. The G23 was the last .40 in my herd anyways.

Posts: 13668 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a conversion barrel and have no issues with carry. My EDCs are usually Sigs.

Posts: 648 | Location: South Texas | Registered: February 27, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Conversion barrel and magazines would be the "just right" solution to ensure reliability. The .40 mags may work, but the follower is different and the witness holes wouldn't line up. Magpul 9mm mags can be had really cheaply.

Posts: 5143 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Free men do not ask
permission to bear arms
Picture of George43
posted Hide Post
Thanks BB. I can't tolerate the recoil of the 40.

Free men do not ask
permission to bear arms
Picture of George43
posted Hide Post
Mine too.

Free men do not ask
permission to bear arms
Picture of George43
posted Hide Post
I prefer the safetyless Glocks.

Free men do not ask
permission to bear arms
Picture of George43
posted Hide Post
I'm cheap!

Big Stack
posted Hide Post
Fair enough. If my shoulder gets worse I might be there also.

quote:
Thanks BB. I can't tolerate the recoil of the 40.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I own a G23 with a Storm Lake conversion barrel and have shot probably 5K 9mm rounds through it without one single malfunction. I do use 9mm mags. I do not carry it because I'm told by some that it's not advisable to rely on it for self defense. But I wonder.

Posts: 5731 | Location: Chicago | Registered: August 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Free men do not ask
permission to bear arms
Picture of George43
posted Hide Post
Thank you for the data. I plan on owning three G19s for carry, range and backup. I might go the barrel route for range use. Did you change the extractor or ejector?

I just ordered a 40/9 conversion barrel.

Only dead fish
go with the flow
Picture of pessimist
posted Hide Post
My thoughts and experience is similar to others. I convert my G32 to 9mm with a Lone Wolf conversion barrel, a G19 recoil spring and magazines. I did not swap out the extractor because it's just for the range and matches. So far, 100% with factory fmj.

If I was going to rely on it for SD in that configuration, I would change the extractor and put a bunch of rounds through it.

Posts: 1517 | Registered: March 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post