SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    How to remove P226 grip without tool
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How to remove P226 grip without tool Login/Join 
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted
I have a 8-10 year old P226R with that one piece grip that requires that special tool to remove. I don’t have the tool. Is there a way to remove the grip without the tool? Or do I have to buy the tool? I’m going to be rebuilding the pistol with new springs and new grips and have to figure out how to remove this grip first.

Posts: 6660 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have removed them with my thumbs, just get a hold of it and spread it slightly and it will come right off!

Posts: 449 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: January 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of T.Webb
posted Hide Post
I'd be surprised if there weren't a YouTube video on this very task.

Edit* https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6KLavX-vuA

"Tonight, we are a country awakened to danger and called to defend freedom. Our grief has turned to anger and anger to resolution. Whether we bring our enemies to justice or bring justice to our enemies, justice will be done". {George W. Bush, Post 9/11}

Posts: 842 | Location: Long Island, N.Y. / Stephentown, N.Y. | Registered: March 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
+1
quote:
Originally posted by kyoung:
I have removed them with my thumbs, just get a hold of it and spread it slightly and it will come right off!

Posts: 13806 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Like the others have said, it is not hard to take them off with your hands.

On a side note, when reinstalling them, use the credit card trick over the trigger spring, to prevent destroying the spring. There are a few videos about this as well.

Posts: 6872 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
popsicle sticks/tongue depressors

Posts: 146 | Registered: August 31, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Or get an apple black stick from amazon. Its a thing

Posts: 146 | Registered: August 31, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I used thumbnails, but there is a tool for $6. https://www.sigsauer.com/remov...s-for-p226-p229.html

Posts: 1920 | Location: Pacific Northwet | Registered: August 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post