SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Your daily essentials, be it pocket, hip, coat, or holster.
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Your daily essentials, be it pocket, hip, coat, or holster. Login/Join 
posted
What can you not leave the house with out. What do you wear like jeans, pick out like a shirt or tie.

I love guns, pens, watches, and knives. I am constantly changing up due to the weather, or clothing. I thought it would be nice to look at this thread as a show and tell, and as an explaination into solutions we search for in a good daily carry.

The above:
Beretta 3032 in a galco pocket holster. This rides strong side jacket pocket, opposite pocket is my wallet.

Next is my Ted Yost BHP in r grizzle leather. Since moving south i have changed from inside the waist band to outside the waistband.

My 3 year old leatherman tread. I use it daily for something.

My (GEC) tioudette (sp) simple folder. I gravitate to small folders when using a knife in public.

My vintage victorinox officers automatic with power meter.

Streamlight AAAA penlight

A Parker 21. Great fine point daily use pen.

Cossatot 600 1000 lumen rechargeable light.

Lionsteel KUR. Sleipner steel.

My kids birth proofs.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Can't leave without:
Wallet/ID, keys(microlight on ring)

Most of the time:
Glock 27in VM2, iPhone, small Gerber folder

Occasional rotation:
LCP in Nemesis pocket holster

Posts: 8955 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
Cheap, $12ish made-in-China Amazon.com wristwatch with the huge bezel and throwaway quality when the battery dies. So big and homely that I just love the stupid thing. Hard, sharp edges for hitting...just in case.

Keys. One set for the house, a separate for the particular car I'm taking that day.

G23, sometimes with an extra mag of HSTs...just in case. KRounds IWB clip holster, mag holster.

Kershaw Blur; worn finish, chipped aluminum housing, replaced blade and torsion bar. Beat to hell, and still going strong.

Wallet, with the usual, seldom accessed stuff like health insurance stuff, along with some daily cash.

Clip wallet, with ID, CCs, debit card, carry permit, bigger cash (sometimes)...the critical stuff hidden on the person elsewhere from the normal "wallet".

Fenix E05 micro flashlight.

Sometimes a nail clipper. Just 'cause it comes in handy, and not only for fingernails/hangnails. Sometimes one of my SOG multi-tools, just 'cause it comes in handy as well.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DSgrouse:
What can you not leave the house with out. What do you wear like jeans, pick out like a shirt or tie.

I love guns, pens, watches, and knives. I am constantly changing up due to the weather, or clothing. I thought it would be nice to look at this thread as a show and tell, and as an explaination into solutions we search for in a good daily carry.

What is the chain wrench device?

Beth Greene

Posts: 7841 | Location: South Florida | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of KHolm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tommydogg:
quote:
Originally posted by DSgrouse:

What is the chain wrench device?

Looka like a Leatherman Tread...

Isaiah 54:17 - No weapon formed against us shall prosper....

What do I want? A time machine.
When do I want it? Irrelevant.

Posts: 1820 | Location: Central Iowa CAPTIVE | Registered: January 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm very basic. Pistol, holster, 2 spare magazines, blade, wallet, phone and keys.
Pistol may change due to what season it is but everything else stays the same.

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
Minimalist carry. Jeans and T-shirt.

Slim wallet, car key (I have no house keys), small OTF knife, phone, Glock 32 with TLR-3, Glock 33, (both IWB), one spare mag. Bigger flashlight and bigger fixed blade knife in the car along with spare mags.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8020 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
wow no phones ! Eek

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54637 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Mine's pretty basic. This is what I have all day every day, when I'm not working. Little to no deviation.

Cell phone
Keys
Flowfold Vanguard thin wallet
Casio Pathfinder Titanium wristwatch
Small flashlight (either a Streamlight ProTac 2L or a Fenix PD35)
Knife (either a Benchmade Barrage or Volli)
Handgun in a TT Gun Leather IWB holster (typically a G17, G19, or G26)
Spare magazine in a Comp-Tac belt carrier
Badge
Set of Tuff-Tie fabric flex-cuffs
Oakley Valve sunglasses

Posts: 32506 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bendable:
wow no phones ! Eek

I do have a phone, but needed to take the photo.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wallet, house & car keys, cell, g-shock, throwaway Kershaw folder (brawler?), ball point pen, long pad lock, ball cap.

My employer prohibits weapons on the property, license or not, with the ability to randomly search vehicles. I need the job more than I figure to need the gun.

A Perpetual Disappointment...

Posts: 2739 | Location: BFE, Ohio | Registered: August 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of GarandGuy
posted Hide Post
I'll play...

- Glock 26 with +2 extended mag in a Bianchi Subdue holster
- Sometimes an extra Glock 17 mag, depends on where I'm going and what pants I'm wearing
- Spyderco Paramilitary 2 folder
- Victorinox Tinker
- Leatherman Squirt P4
- Small Bic lighter
- Wallet
- Streamlight ProTac 1L
- Fisher space pen
- When in the mood I'll wear either a Casio G-shock or Citizen watch I've got, forget the model
- Usually my Samsung Galaxy S7, but if I can leave it I do

-----------------------------------------------
What's the sense in working hard if you never get to play?

Posts: 1074 | Location: On the outskirts of Richmond | Registered: September 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Keys, wallet, eyeglasses, knife, and phone (although phone isn't essential unless at work).

I usually wear a watch, but it isn't essential.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Recently, a wristwatch, a S&W Model 60, keys, Swiss Army Climber, an iphone, and my wallet. Some of you guys must wear suspenders to handle the loadout.

Posts: 26904 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Daily, on body workdays:
Keys (house & car)
Wallet
Kershaw Scallion
Phone
KelTec P11 in an Ozark's pocket holster
Watch (typically my Citizen Satellite Wave) & 2 rings (wedding & family)

Non work days:
Same as above, but sub the KT P11 for a 357Sig P320C in an OHC IWB.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15314 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
  • Wallet containing drivers license, concealed handgun permit, 2 credit cards, $40, health insurance card, fishing license, and miniature copy of DD214
  • 2 keys - car and house
  • Pocket knife
  • Cloth hankerchief
  • Cell phone
  • 2-3 ibruprofen pills and assorted lint
  • Zebra gel pen in shirt pocket
  • G26 IWB

Posts: 4010 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
so sexy it hurts
Picture of agony
posted Hide Post
The older I get, the less I carry.
Gun.
Extra mag.
Light.
Wallet.
Knife.
Phone.

"You have the right not to be killed..."

The Clash, "Know Your Rights"

Posts: 26978 | Location: Westizzle Virgizzle | Registered: December 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
HK vp9 in a raven OWB holster
Strider SMF concealed carry version
Surefire EB1
Swat-t tourniquet
iPhone 7 plus
House and car keys
Wallet

Posts: 173 | Location: boston | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of stormin
posted Hide Post
Glock 26 (the holster type varies with clothes and destination).
Spare Glock 17 mag.
Spyderco Manix.
Surefire EB1.
Leatherman Wingman.
Watch.
Wallet.
Phone.
Vehicle/House key.

Posts: 329 | Location: Raleigh, NC | Registered: March 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by agony:
The older I get, the less I carry.
Gun.
Extra mag.
Light.
Wallet.
Knife.
Phone.

Yup - Same mental checklist before I leave the house - "Keys, wallet, phone, pistol, mag, flashlight, knife".

G19, G17 reload, Emerson, Fenix. It never really changes, it's not a fashion statement or fashion show.

Occasionally a BUG (LCP or MP340) will be added in cooler weather, but not often.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post