SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Full size 357 Sig launcher what's the best?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Full size 357 Sig launcher what's the best? Login/Join 
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigNull:
There are 357 Sig conversion barrels out there now for Steyr M40 pistols. I have one from Rim Country Manufacturing for my L40-A1 and it works very well.

The Ls may be a different story - I don't believe they ever made a 357 L (or I'd probably at least have one on my shopping list). For the M, try calling Steyr in Alabama (205-417-8644), they may be able to help. Then again, I have to admit, the M357SIGA1 came from the factory that way. Fenderbender's right, though - if that size pistol appeals to you, the Steyr is absolutely lovely.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Honky Lips
Picture of FenderBender
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Il Cattivo:
quote:
There are 357 Sig conversion barrels out there now for Steyr M40 pistols. I have one from Rim Country Manufacturing for my L40-A1 and it works very well.

The Ls may be a different story - I don't believe they ever made a 357 L (or I'd probably at least have one on my shopping list). For the M, try calling Steyr in Alabama (205-417-8644), they may be able to help. Then again, I have to admit, the M357SIGA1 came from the factory that way. Fenderbender's right, though - if that size pistol appeals to you, the Steyr is absolutely lovely.

As I love the design, there was a glut of them on gunbroker for what looked to be liquidation prices. I contacted Steyr as to the m357's fate. it was being discontinued. they never made an L version as I'd have one of those as well.

Posts: 8146 | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BuddyChryst:
What makes you think your M&P is wearing out?

Jamming.

After inspection, retrospection and function testing, I think it was likely

A) too heavy a replacement recoil spring and possibly
B) a malfunctioning magazine and admittedly
C) wanting an excuse to buy a new pistol.

Posts: 15890 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I like the SIG P229.

Posts: 372 | Registered: March 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
Full size? How about a mongo G24 with a KKM 357SIG conversion barrel. Awesome SOB. Really didn't care for the gun's sharp recoil in 40S&W with its single spring RSA (my Gen4 G23s are considerably more tame), but since the changeover it's been an enjoyable beast to shoot.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Old Air Cavalryman
Picture of ARMT Guy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sns3guppy:
I'll be the odd-guy-out; Glock G31 for full size, G32 for concealed. G33 for ankle.

While I've yet to try out a 33, ( came close to buying one several years back, ) I completely agree with you on the Glock 31 and 32.

I have a 229 and 226 in .357 SIG and love 'em both, however the Glocks are the ones normally carried and fired.

"Also I heard the voice of the Lord saying who shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, here am I, send me."

Posts: 7464 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
P229 legacy. Remember to change out the recoil spring.

DPR

Posts: 656 | Registered: March 10, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FenderBender:
quote:
quote:

As I love the design, there was a glut of them on gunbroker for what looked to be liquidation prices. I contacted Steyr as to the m357's fate. it was being discontinued. they never made an L version as I'd have one of those as well.

I guess I didn't make myself clear. There are 357 SIG conversion barrels from both Rim Country Manufacturing and Ranger Point Precision that can convert S40, C40, M40 and L40 pistols to that caliber. I have an RCM 357 SIG barrel in my L40-A1 and love it.

http://www.rangerpointstore.co...istol-barrel-package

https://rimcountrymfg.com/prod...sion-barrel-model-m/

You knew the job was dangerous when you took it, Fred! - Henry Cabot Henhouse III, aka "SuperChicken"

Posts: 132 | Registered: March 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
sick puppy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LtJL:
P229 in .357 sig. The gun and the cartridge are perfect for each other.

There was a used one of those at the gun store for around four or five hundred dollars today.

Posts: 7546 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post
I like my P229 Legion in 357 Sig, maybe the most out of what I have.

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3791 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
quote:
I guess I didn't make myself clear.

You did. My thought was that it was worth the price of a phone call to Alabama to see if there was any chance of scaring up a factory barrel, at least for an MA1.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, I have no experience with a Steyr, though I really would like one; I have one original 357Sig in P229. I very much enjoy shooting it and would highly recommend it as as 357Sig platform. I must say, though that my P239/ 40 owns and uses a 357 convention barrel as well as myP2000/40. And my other P229/40.
Ergo, if you like your .40 S.W. pistol, you will love it with a 357 conversion barrel.

Posts: 627 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: October 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Nframe
posted Hide Post
I picked up a G35 and got a 357 sig bbl for it and a 9mm. That pistol is awesome for all the calibers now. The longer barrel in 357 Sig is sweet.

Posts: 2912 | Location: mid S.C. | Registered: March 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Living my life my way
Picture of molachi
posted Hide Post
My P229 is in 357 sig.

Posts: 1756 | Location: The Backyard of Nowhere | Registered: August 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nframe:
I picked up a G35 and got a 357 sig bbl for it and a 9mm. That pistol is awesome for all the calibers now. The longer barrel in 357 Sig is sweet.

I have a 35 as well with a Bar-Sto .357 Sig barrel. Great gun. Only reason I'm selling it in the Marketplace is because my agency is going away from .357 and my ammunition supply will be gone.

What, me worry?

Posts: 2126 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: September 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Honky Lips
Picture of FenderBender
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
I guess I didn't make myself clear.

You did. My thought was that it was worth the price of a phone call to Alabama to see if there was any chance of scaring up a factory barrel, at least for an MA1.

Agreed, I was just following up with the looking I'd already done.

however thanks for posting those links, now I've got to but an L40 Big Grin

Posts: 8146 | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This one...

All steel and built in the German Mastershop to their high standards. Hard to beat that.

Posts: 1324 | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post