SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Full size 357 Sig launcher what's the best?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Full size 357 Sig launcher what's the best? Login/Join 
Picture of RichardC
posted
My 357 S&W M&P may be wearing out which pisses me off, because I am heavily invested in magazines, holsters, etc.

I am comfortable with DA/SA and striker fired handguns. I don't want a single stack 1911.

So, Sig Legion P226? Sig 320? Glock G31?

Its sad that so many makers, and especially Sig are giving up on the caliber.

Posts: 15841 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Let's be careful
out there
posted Hide Post
P229 in .357 sig. The gun and the cartridge are perfect for each other.

Posts: 7333 | Location: NW OHIO | Registered: May 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What makes you think your M&P is wearing out?

------------------------------------------------
Charter member of the vast, right-wing conspiracy

Posts: 1859 | Registered: June 25, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
My personal favorite is the P226ST. The P320 Full Size is catching up quickly - to me it seems a bit milder in recoil, but a 226 trigger with some mileage on it is hard to beat.

The only 357SIG I've sold on was a Springfield XD(m). The grip struck me as too small for comfort, the trigger was nothing special and the accuracy was nothing special.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RGRacing
posted Hide Post
P226

Posts: 493 | Location: Mpls, MN | Registered: January 05, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4859
posted Hide Post
P229 or P226.

-----------------------------
Always carry. Never tell.

Posts: 5772 | Location: Montana  | Registered: May 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SigSentry
posted Hide Post
Imo. Although the barrel may be harder to find now. Good hunting.

Posts: 3484 | Registered: May 30, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Glock 35 with a new barrel... or a Sig 229/229ST

Posts: 694 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: March 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Quit staring at my wife's Butt
Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post
glock 32

Posts: 5574 | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Great Equalizer
Picture of colt_saa
posted Hide Post
RichardC,
Is there a reason you do not simply replace the firearm that has served you well so far?

I happen to be very fond of the M&P357.

I have two of them sitting in different cities so I don't need to fly with one. I also have one of the compacts for my ankle rig Smile

Though I consider the M&P357 to be less than a FS gun since it has a barrel under 5" I know these 4.??" guns are the new norm for FS, I just can not get used to it

Actually, the only 5" 357SIG I own is an X-five Allround

Even the P229 Sport is only 4.8" if my memory is working tonight. Though I do love the P229 Sport in 357SIG. There was even a Texas Ranger that carried one as a duty weapon for a while.

I see no advantage of the P226 over the P229. Both have the same magazine capacity so I usually just take a P229 Equinox, I prefer the one without the rail

Outside of SIG, I wish HK had built the larger frame USP in 357SIG, However the P2000 family is VERY accurate with this cartridge, though I only own the SK version

------------------------------------------------------------------
NRA Benefactor . . . Certified Instructor . . . Certified RSO
SWCA

356TSW.com
45talk.com
RacingPlanetUSA.Com

Posts: 5176 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: November 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
In the SIG platform I chose the P229.
In Glock I am issued the 31. I use the 32 and 33 for edc. I bought a 35 MOS and a 357 barrel for it and it’s an awesome pistol.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 7993 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Honky Lips
Picture of FenderBender
posted Hide Post
IF YOU CAN FIND IT

I love my Steyr M357-A1 (gen4 w/ roll pin under rear sight)

nothing compares, I've shot just about every 357 out there.

Posts: 8144 | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
P226

Posts: 13796 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My vote for a sig is the P229.

Posts: 1562 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: August 17, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
I’m really enjoying the USPc I just picked up for a song from Summit Gun Broker. I searched high and low for a factory HK 357, I had to settle on a .40 with a conversion barrel (which I luckily bought in the classifieds). I’m impressed with it, but next to the Steyr it may be one of the hardest to find.

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 6996 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Great Equalizer
Picture of colt_saa
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dry-fly:
I’m really enjoying the USPc I just picked up for a song from Summit Gun Broker. I searched high and low for a factory HK 357, I had to settle on a .40 with a conversion barrel (which I luckily bought in the classifieds). I’m impressed with it, but next to the Steyr it may be one of the hardest to find.
Straying a bit off topic here . . .

I too was very enamored with the USP357c when it came out

However when the P2000SK was released I was blown away.

The P200SK was incredibly accurate, much more so than a sub kompact has a right to be. It was even small enough to pocket carry and the reloads cam be from the larger capacity USPc magazines.

The X-grip fills in the space an makes for a great grip. Unfortunately, the X-grips for mt P2000SK are about 10 years old now and have become hard an brittle. They now break apart easily. I am already discussing this with the manufacturer since that is a serious short coming

------------------------------------------------------------------
NRA Benefactor . . . Certified Instructor . . . Certified RSO
SWCA

356TSW.com
45talk.com
RacingPlanetUSA.Com

Posts: 5176 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: November 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
@ colt_saa, I had the same .40 and .357 combo (P2000sk). For some stoopid reason I sold it. Momentary lapse in judgement.

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 6996 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Quiet Man
posted Hide Post
I have a 226 with a 357 barrel. It's pretty sweet shooting. If ammo was more available it would get a lot more use. Most days that gun runs a 9mm upper instead.

Posts: 2590 | Registered: November 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FenderBender:
IF YOU CAN FIND IT

I love my Steyr M357-A1 (gen4 w/ roll pin under rear sight)

nothing compares, I've shot just about every 357 out there.

There are 357 Sig conversion barrels out there now for Steyr M40 pistols. I have one from Rim Country Manufacturing for my L40-A1 and it works very well.

You knew the job was dangerous when you took it, Fred! - Henry Cabot Henhouse III, aka "SuperChicken"

Posts: 132 | Registered: March 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'll be the odd-guy-out; Glock G31 for full size, G32 for concealed. G33 for ankle.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post