SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Sig P220 carry legion
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sig P220 carry legion Login/Join 
Picture of sigforever
posted
Why are these things so hard to come by? I know they are out there in the wild, but there doesn't seem to be that many. If you own one, please let me know what you think of it. Also, please tell me when you purchased it. It may have been a limited run.

"That's one small step for man, one giant leap for mankind." - Neil Armstrong.

Posts: 235 | Location: Birmingham, AL | Registered: October 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have the Full size 220 Legion and just picked up the Carry 220 Legion 2 weeks ago from the Attic on Gunbroker. The Carry Model is deadly accurate, soft shooting and has great ergonomics. Its a great gun. I was told that their are not many out their so if you find one grab it

Lawrence A Visocky (Larry V)

Posts: 494 | Registered: January 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
Can you post some photos please ? Thank you.

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I managed to purchase a P220 Legion Carry about 3 weeks ago. I tend to like carry size pistols and this one extremely nice. It's smooth shooting and it shares the same ergonomics of all of Sig's P220s, only in a slightly shorter package.
Placed side by side to my P229 Legion they are practically identical in size.
I'm not sure why Sig discontinued this model after making such a big announcement about it at the 2016 Shot Show. I've been told that it was produced in a limited run of about 100 guns, so it is quite rare. I believe they were produced in about June through August of 2017. The P220 Legion Carry model was never even included on the Sig website.
There may be a few still left, but the more time goes by, the fewer there are and they will be even harder to come by than they are now. I was told that Sig has none in their inventory.
This first part of this video shows the main features of the P220 Legion Carry: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FD9mzzntoh8

Posts: 105 | Registered: November 04, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have one, it’s pristine, no issues, smoothest shooting pistol. Only took it to range one time, keep it at home as my house pistol. Hate to get it scratched up. Use a p220 Stainless elite as my range pistol.

Posts: 370 | Location: Williamsburg, VA,  | Registered: June 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigforever
posted Hide Post
rlbuzz,
Thanks for the great info. This is exactly what I wanted to know. This thing is rare. I'm going to try and find one. Pics of this model are appreciated if anybody can post it.

"That's one small step for man, one giant leap for mankind." - Neil Armstrong.

Posts: 235 | Location: Birmingham, AL | Registered: October 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post