SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Hogue Re-Checkered P220 Grips
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hogue Re-Checkered P220 Grips Login/Join 
posted
Anyone remember the Re-Checkered P220 grip that Hogue offered about 10 years ago? They were the factory P220 (non checkered) grips and Hogue checkered them over the existing texture.

Google search only reveals their present offerings.

Posts: 24 | Registered: November 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
Yes,

They are a favorite of mine.

Every now and then, they show up in the Classifieds.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36840 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes, I wanted some for my P239. Hogue had issues with the checkering process cutting all the way through the thin factory grips in certain areas. They also started offering G10 grips right around this time. That's what I ended up with on mine. If you haven't already, check out the Extreme G10 black checkered P220 grips.
http://gregcotellc.com/cart/ho...ips-20179-p-735.html

Greg Cote usually has good prices on them and is a great source for magazines as well.

Posts: 723 | Location: Alabama | Registered: October 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of highlander81
posted Hide Post
I've a set of the re checkered grips on a 226. They were the first replacement grip that I purchased for my first Sig.

As I added more Sigs to the collection and G10 became available, I've gone down that road.

However , those re checkered grips were enough of an improvement that I haven't felt the need to replace them.

Posts: 444 | Location: Southern Alberta, Canada | Registered: April 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a set on my P229. I was looking for a set for one on my P220 and checked with
Hogue and they no longer are rechecking grips from Sig.

Jsjac

Posts: 403 | Location: NH | Registered: March 29, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wgsigs
posted Hide Post
Yes, a pair came on the used P229 I bought. I found them to be too abrasive for my tastes and replaced them with Hogue Piranha G10s.

Posts: 2807 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wgsigs:
Yes, a pair came on the used P229 I bought. I found them to be too abrasive for my tastes and replaced them with Hogue Piranha G10s.

Do you still have them (the original recut grips)?

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16334 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wgsigs
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kkina:
quote:
Originally posted by wgsigs:

Do you still have them (the original recut grips)?
Yes, I do, but I am hanging onto them to put back on the P229 if or when I decide to sell the gun.

Posts: 2807 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post