SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Recommended cleaning solution
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Recommended cleaning solution Login/Join 
posted
Does anyone use balistol for cleaning and lubricating their sig p938 or any other sig firearm?

Posts: 3 | Registered: July 05, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I actually dont mind the smell nor does my girlfriend and she's usually prettt picky. I'm not sure if she enjoys the scent, but shes never complained and she usually will sit with me while I clean up after a range trip.

I love the stuff, been using it pretty much exclusively for 10 years. My only complaint is that no one local stocks it, so I either make it part of my shopping experience in a shop I like about an hour away or I order it online.

It works great, safe on most materials including wood and leather, I get complements all the time on how clean my firearms are if I trade them in on something else, etc etc.

Never seen any rust so I believe its a good preventative maintainence oil and I've never seen it dry out or get tacky. I will generally use something thicker on frame and slide rails though

I use It on household items too, rusty hinges, squeaky things.

You will not be disappointed in its performance

Posts: 176 | Location: Rochester NY | Registered: June 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gregory056349:
I actually dont mind the smell nor does my girlfriend and she's usually prettt picky. I'm not sure if she enjoys the scent, but shes never complained and she usually will sit with me while I clean up after a range trip.

I love the stuff, been using it pretty much exclusively for 10 years. My only complaint is that no one local stocks it, so I either make it part of my shopping experience in a shop I like about an hour away or I order it online.

It works great, safe on most materials including wood and leather, I get complements all the time on how clean my firearms are if I trade them in on something else, etc etc.

Never seen any rust so I believe its a good preventative maintainence oil and I've never seen it dry out or get tacky. I will generally use something thicker on frame and slide rails though

Have a can in the garage but clean in house now. Thanks for reminding me

Posts: 1258 | Location: Duvall WA, USA | Registered: February 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I know, I have read where people can't stand the smell but it doesn't bother me.
I subscribe to hickock 45 and he highly recommends it and I think he knows what he's talking about. I'm lucky that there is a shop near me that sells it. I have used it on other guns and never had a problem. Anyway after hearing him I bought a can, but then I'm one who always likes a second option. Thanks.
quote:
Originally posted by Gregory056349:

Posts: 3 | Registered: July 05, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1KPerDay
posted Hide Post
I use "moose milk" (Ballistol+water) to clean my blackpowder guns and straight ballistol to lube and protect them. Works great for that.

For regular firearms I prefer Hoppe's No. 9 for cleaning, CLP for general use and a good grease for lubing pistol rails.

---------------------------
My hovercraft is full of eels.

Posts: 3184 | Registered: February 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
A mix of licorice and feet!!
I don’t use it on guns because of the smell. I use it on my Expedition suspension parts after a big clean up after off-roading.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25354 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of hi-power man
posted Hide Post
I used Hoppe's 9 products until four maybe five years ago. I started shooting Glocks with a group of people. These guys only use Ballistol on their Glocks. It works great on the pistol inside and out.

On everything else, I still use Hoppe's 9 products, including their grease.

High capacity is not an acceptable substitute for good marksmanship.

Posts: 867 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: December 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by klinglerj:

I subscribe to hickock 45 and he highly recommends it and I think he knows what he's talking about.

Roll Eyes lol He's just another dude with an opinion no more valid than anyone else.

Posts: 1871 | Registered: June 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 19tass
posted Hide Post
Good product, I have used it for years.

Posts: 1204 | Location: Southern Illinois | Registered: November 17, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have used Breakfree CLP for 2 decades and like the way it cleans and lubricates and pretty much use that exclusively. On very dirty items (semi auto shotgun etc.) I use Hoppes #9 first. But see no need to change.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
I’ve used it for years and like it very much. Once you get over the smell of dirty hobo feet it really is fairly decent, fairly non toxic stuff.

Chris.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7631 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I also use it on wood kitchen and bathroom cabinets. Also on the dog when she gets hot spots.

----------------------------------------------------
Dances with Crabgrass

Posts: 2180 | Location: East Virginia | Registered: October 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post