SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    M11A1 Decocker and Mag release
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

M11A1 Decocker and Mag release Login/Join 
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by heisrizn:
When I changed grips on my 229 elite from the wood grips to the Aluminum, the decocker malfunctioned just as you described. Sent to Sig, and repaired so it breaks sooner on the down stroke.

Please, read the thread in its entirety. There was no decocker malfunction. Wink

Q

Posts: 26378 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mrtuna
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
OP, think about this analogy, the single action pull of a semi-auto. When you first pull on the trigger, there's an easy travel distance, then you meet real resistance. Then you have to put more pressure on it to break the sear and make the gun go bang. Same principle here with the decocker. If you don't put more pressure at the bottom, when you meet the final resistance, then all the pre-travel is useless.

I won! I won! Big Grin

Good job! You helped a fellow Sig enthusiast. Gold star for you Smile

Training as often as possible!
NSSF Media Member

Posts: 1577 | Location: Las Vegas, NV | Registered: May 31, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post