SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    M11A1 Decocker and Mag release
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

M11A1 Decocker and Mag release Login/Join 
Picture of mrtuna
posted Hide Post
Having taken these apart multiple times it could be something as minor as a spring coming out of it's spot that holds it in place.

Training as often as possible!
NSSF Media Member

Posts: 1577 | Location: Las Vegas, NV | Registered: May 31, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mrtuna:
Having taken these apart multiple times it could be something as minor as a spring coming out of it's spot that holds it in place.

If the spring had come off its holder, there would be no tension left. OP is still able to manipulate the decocker. It's just that it's not lowering the hammer as it's supposed to do.

Q

Posts: 26387 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
quote:
Originally posted by police340:

Assumed it was YouTube, no clue how to embed from dropbox, or if it's even possible.

[FLASH_VIDEO]<iframe frameborder="0" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/yNHVA20B0Os" width="420"></iframe>[/FLASH_VIDEO]

Ok, watching this video shows me that OP is not even putting enough pressure on the decocker.

Q

Posts: 26387 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You just saw the video Jesse. Thanks.
Bill

quote:
quote:

Assumed it was YouTube, no clue how to embed from dropbox, or if it's even possible.

[FLASH_VIDEO]<iframe frameborder="0" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/yNHVA20B0Os" width="420"></iframe>[/FLASH_VIDEO]

Posts: 27 | Registered: May 19, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Bill

quote:
quote:

[FLASH_VIDEO/FLASH_VIDEO]

I had to download to my phone, then upload to YouTube, then embedded from my YouTube.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20822 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Bill

quote:
quote:

I had to download to my phone, then upload to YouTube, then embedded from my YouTube.

Thanks Jesse. Thats a lot of work. It opened when I clicked on the image on my message. Maybe because it was on my desktop, Im not sure. Im going to delete it and try clicking in the image again. As I said Im new here so not sure how some things work as every forum is different. So you did see its not working? :-)

Smarter than the
average bear
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:

Ok, watching this video shows me that OP is not even putting enough pressure on the decocker.

OP, is that video representative of how you are attempting to engage the decocker? Or are you just showing the movement with the grip off?

The decocker can require a fair amount of force to engage. It should move easily to the point that you show in the video and then hit a "wall", which can require a good bit of force to push through. I've never measured it, but guessing 10 pounds or even more.

Some seem to just be different, and after breaking in it could be much easier to engage. Perhaps the one you saw and used at the dealer was much easier, but yours is brand new.

Posts: 3435 | Location: Baton Rouge, Louisiana | Registered: June 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
Bill

quote:
quote:

Thanks Jesse. Thats a lot of work. It opened when I clicked on the image on my message. Maybe because it was on my desktop, Im not sure. Im going to delete it and try clicking in the image again. As I said Im new here so not sure how some things work as every forum is different. So you did see its not working? :-)

Yes It's now embedded on page one. I tried with 5 different SIGs my decocker, 3 of 5 require you to push it all the way down in order to get it to decock, 2 you do not have to push as hard. Here's a video of how mine works. Notice I have to push it all the way until the decocker is even with the middle of the mag release.

Are you sure you are pushing it down enough?

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20822 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You win the prize 12131. After I read your reply I tried it again. I was just assuming it would have clicked when I hit the bottom of its travel. I tried another M11 in a gun store and I seem to remember it clicking when I pressed the decocker down as I did in the video. After reading your comment i depressed it again all the way down and then more force and Bingo, it decocked. I knew this forum would come through and you did! Much appreciated to yours and all the other comments.

quote:
quote:
quote:

posted Hide Post
quote:
Are you sure you are pushing it down enough?

Thats exactly what it was, not pushing it down far enough. I dont remember pushing it that far down on a different gun in New Hampshire. Thanks.

posted Hide Post
Works now, just what you said, one i tried at dealer was easier than mine. Thanks much.

quote:
Originally posted by honestlou:
quote:

OP, is that video representative of how you are attempting to engage the decocker? Or are you just showing the movement with the grip off?

The decocker can require a fair amount of force to engage. It should move easily to the point that you show in the video and then hit a "wall", which can require a good bit of force to push through. I've never measured it, but guessing 10 pounds or even more.

Some seem to just be different, and after breaking in it could be much easier to engage. Perhaps the one you saw and used at the dealer was much easier, but yours is brand new.

posted Hide Post
Glad it worked out. Lots of good information and help here.

Posts: 17238 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
OP, think about this analogy, the single action pull of a semi-auto. When you first pull on the trigger, there's an easy travel distance, then you meet real resistance. Then you have to put more pressure on it to break the sear and make the gun go bang. Same principle here with the decocker. If you don't put more pressure at the bottom, when you meet the final resistance, then all the pre-travel is useless.

I won! I won! Big Grin

Q

Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
340, I hope you stick around. This is a great place to find information and a lot of like minded good people.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
I won! I won! Big Grin

I think I deserve a participation trophy at least. Smile

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

posted Hide Post
Thanks 12131, Jesse and others. I'll be sticking around for sure. I like this forum and i like my new Sigs, P938 and M11A1. Been carrying the P938 every day and will have to wait for a holster for the M11. Wrights Leather coming for both but have a Talon that fits the 938 at the moment. Thanks again, Bill

posted Hide Post
It is quite clear from the video that the gun needs to go back to New Hampshire for some adjustments and it is not your fault. No one is perfect and you will love the gun. Happy shooting

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Democracy is 2 Wolves & a Lamb debating the lunch menu.

Liberty is a well armed Lamb!

Posts: 883 | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SSAreGreat:
It is quite clear from the video that the gun needs to go back to New Hampshire for some adjustments and it is not your fault. No one is perfect and you will love the gun. Happy shooting

Someone didn't read page 2.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by SSAreGreat:

Someone didn't read page 2.

That happens but is good that there is so much expertise and help here. Its much appreciated.

Picture of heisrizn
posted Hide Post
When I changed grips on my 229 elite from the wood grips to the Aluminum, the decocker malfunctioned just as you described. Sent to Sig, and repaired so it breaks sooner on the down stroke.

Posts: 1549 | Location: Fayetteville, NC | Registered: April 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post