SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    M11A1 Decocker and Mag release
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

M11A1 Decocker and Mag release Login/Join 
posted
Hello All,

This is my first post to the forum and from what Ive been reading an excellent resource. I have a brand new M11 and took it to the range last night. The decocker does not seem to work. I thought so even when I was examining the gun unloaded but confirmed when I had a round in the chamber. When I depress the decocker down, it just goes all the way down and nothing happens and the hammer stays back. Am I doing anything wrong?

Another issue I noticed is when firing, the magazine kept dropping down. I then realized my hand was hitting the mag release button while holding the gun. I readjusted my grip and did not have any other issues but Im thinking it should come out that easy.

Appreciate any advice. Thanks, Bill

Posts: 27 | Registered: May 19, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just an ACARS message
with feelings
Picture of qxsoup
posted Hide Post
This may seem like a stupid question but are you pushing the lever all the way down? Some Sig's don't decock until the lever basically bottoms out. My P239 is like that.

220/229/228/226/P6/225/XO/SP2022/239

Posts: 3062 | Location: The Queen City (the one in Ohio) | Registered: May 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Hi Bill, welcome to the forum. I don't know what mechanically would cause that, someone smarter will come along shortly. Worst case SIG has excellent customer service and will fix it for free including shipping both ways. I can tell you it's an excellent firearm and depending on mood either my 1st or 2nd favorite one I own.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20819 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys. Yes, pushing it all the way down. When I was trying it in store up in New Hampshire, it worked flawlessly.

posted Hide Post
Have you removed the left grip?

If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit!

Sigs Owned - A Bunch

Posts: 4266 | Location: Nashville, Tennessee | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Have you removed the left grip?

I have not. Its brand spank new, havent done anything with it and just fired last night for first time. Thanks.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Yes, pushing it all the way down. When I was trying it in store up in New Hampshire, it worked flawlessly.

The one I tried in New Hampshire is not the one I purchased.

Smarter than the
average bear
posted Hide Post
This may sound like an even stupider question, but are you pushing the decocker and not the slide lock lever?

I really don't mean to insult your intelligence, but I have no idea of your familiarity with Sigs or firearms in general.

Posts: 3435 | Location: Baton Rouge, Louisiana | Registered: June 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
an even stupider question, but are you pushing the decocker and not the slide lock lever

Well smarter than the average bear, there is no intelligence to insult but I can tell you that while I am new to Sigs, I am a retired Military Police Officer with more than 26 years of service. So suffice it to say, I know the difference between the business end of the gun and to the other end of the gun including the slide lock. Thanks for your input.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by police340:
quote:
an even stupider question, but are you pushing the decocker and not the slide lock lever

Well smarter than the average bear, there is no intelligence to insult but I can tell you that while I am new to Sigs, I am a retired Military Police Officer with more than 26 years of service. So suffice it to say, I know the difference between the business end of the gun and to the other end of the gun including the slide lock. Thanks for your input.

On sigs it can be easy to mix these two up. It's why the CZ99 actually wisely combines the decocker and slide lock/release. Of course I'll take a sig any day over the CZ99.

Can you make a video of what is going on? If so a member here might be able to give you more insight.

Posts: 525 | Location: Texas | Registered: September 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
On sigs it can be easy to mix these two up. It's why the CZ99 actually wisely combines the decocker and slide lock/release. Of course I'll take a sig any day over the CZ99.

Can you make a video of what is going on? If so a member here might be able to give you more insight.

quote:

I might try that tomorrow if I have the time. Will call Sig first thing in morning when I do have a moment. Thanks.

Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Will call Sig first thing in morning when I do have a moment. Thanks.

Sounds like you did your part, and it's not working. Something got passed QC, here. I agree, time to let SIG know. And, let them know about what sounds like a weak mag catch spring, too.

Q

Posts: 26376 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Tried posting a video, not sure how to do that on this forum. Im using a MAC.

Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:

Post the link on here and I will embed for you.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20819 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You can't post pix directly to the forum. Have to use a third party service like PhotoBucket. Upload your pics there. Then you can embed/copy image/link in your SF message/post.

On the SF message box, it's the third icon from the right.

Welcome to the forum.

Posts: 4670 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: June 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
quote:

Post the link on here and I will embed for you.

Will have to figure this out Jesse. Thanks.

posted Hide Post

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nipper:
You can't post pix directly to the forum. Have to use a third party service like PhotoBucket. Upload your pics there. Then you can embed/copy image/link in your SF message/post.

On the SF message box, it's the third icon from the right.

The image is donw below i was able to open it after posting it. Thanks

Welcome to the forum.

Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:

Assumed it was YouTube, no clue how to embed from dropbox, or if it's even possible.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

posted Hide Post
These things do happen. I recently bought a new Talo Classic Carry 226, and it was supposed to come with the SRT feature, but it was missing. I compared it to my M11 to confirm. Sig paid to ship it back, and installed it, and was back in my hands in 8 days.

Posts: 198 | Location: SE Louisiana  | Registered: August 29, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post