New
Find
Notify
Tools

P938 vs P365 Login/Join 
Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted
I absolutely love my P938 SAS and carry it all the time. I have to say, being able to keep the size and carrying and extra 4 rounds is intriguing. For those of you with both, which do you prefer and why?

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
SP2022 9mm German Triple Serial
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Posts: 7051 | Location: NC | Registered: March 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I find the ergonomics of the 365 better than the 938

365 has replaced my 938 at this time

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Live today as if it may be your last and learn today as if you will live forever

Posts: 6217 | Location: New Orleans...outside the levees, fishing in the Rigolets | Registered: October 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Lot's of questions to be asked.

Which do you shoot best using two hands, strong hand, weak hand?

Which can you quickly point shoot accurately?

How concerned are you that you may need a lot of ammo without a reload?

How do you carry?

How concerned are you about lint getting into or snagging the hammer during your draw while carrying your cocked and locked 1911 style pistol?

Are you insistent on having a thumb safety?

Probably a bunch more but these are a good beginning.

Posts: 210 | Registered: February 17, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My P938 is the reason I am not interested in the P365. It shoots great and I have no issues with a lower round count. I always carry two spare mags.

Posts: 627 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: October 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Old Air Cavalryman
Picture of ARMT Guy
posted Hide Post
I've had my 938 SAS for over five years.

I've had my 365 for five months.

I love and trust my 938, but it, ( along with my G43 ) has been moved to largely being a safe queen now since the 365 came home.

I suppose I could carry the 938 as a back up for the 365. Big Grin

"Also I heard the voice of the Lord saying who shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, here am I, send me."

Posts: 7464 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cremaley
posted Hide Post
I've owned a P938 in the past and currently own a P365. Both are excellent guns but I must say I prefer the P365 so much that I carry it every day.

Sig P320 X-Compact 9mm
Bul SAS 11 UL 9mm
US Army Veteran
NRA Member

"Remember the first rule of gunfighting...have a gun"-Jeff Cooper

Posts: 152 | Location: Alpharetta, Georgia. | Registered: June 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a friend with a 938 so I got to shoot them side by side and just a side note I have been a commander 1911 carry guy for years--in my hands the 365 was more comfortable and shootable.

Posts: 31 | Location: grove city ohio | Registered: August 11, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I carry a 938 quite a bit and mostly pocket carry. I'm curious to know how many ounces the 365 weighs loaded with ten rounds? Particularly since I pocket carry.
I have not been able to ascertain this in any of my reading.

Posts: 393 | Location: Florida Gulf Coast | Registered: October 17, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Cobra21
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Stroonz:
I carry a 938 quite a bit and mostly pocket carry. I'm curious to know how many ounces the 365 weighs loaded with ten rounds? Particularly since I pocket carry.
I have not been able to ascertain this in any of my reading.

Lets do it this way. Doesn't answer your question, but at least you'll get a feel for how the two compare in total weight.

(Assumes one in the chamber)
938 = 16.0 oz + 3.36 oz (approx for 8 rounds of 9mm) = 19.36 oz
365 = 17.4 oz + 4.62 oz (approx for 11 rounds of 9mm) = 22.02 oz

Risk the consequences of honesty...

Posts: 4498 | Location: DFW, TX | Registered: December 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you Cobra that does help. I probably could comfortably pocket carry a 365. I may just go on the prowl for one.

Posts: 393 | Location: Florida Gulf Coast | Registered: October 17, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tooky13
posted Hide Post
Loaded 10+1

We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.
Abraham Lincoln

Posts: 1307 | Location: Scottsdale, Arizona | Registered: December 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tooky13:
Loaded 10+1

That's what I've been looking for .......thank you. My Sig 938 tips the scale at: 21.2 oz with 8 rounds. I guess that's close enough!

posted Hide Post
Until the 365 reliability issues are ironed out, and I'm confident they will be just like the early versions if the 938, I'll be sticking with my 938.

Posts: 120 | Location: Kansas | Registered: December 26, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIG4EVA:
I absolutely love my P938 SAS and carry it all the time. I have to say, being able to keep the size and carrying and extra 4 rounds is intriguing. For those of you with both, which do you prefer and why?
I own both and both are fine accurate pistols. I have been carrying the P938 until I got my P365. I have total confidence in my P938. I am carrying my P365 which has been flawless so far after 500 rds. In the back of my mind there lingers the doubt with the P365 having so many bad stories.

I have been where you fear to be
I have seen what you fear to see
I have done what you fear to do
All these things I have done for you.

Posts: 16 | Location: Fairhope, Alabama | Registered: December 28, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SteveR2012
posted Hide Post
Not liking polymer or striker fired pistols I will continue to carry my P938. It is in my pocket as I type this post.

Posts: 109 | Location: Wisconsin | Registered: March 25, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doing what I want,
When I want,
If I want!
Picture of beltfed21
posted Hide Post
I sold my P938 shortly after getting it. Five, seven, ten yards it would not shoot point of aim. In fact the best it ever did was 3" left, 4" low. I had two friends try it as well (all three of us have shot competitively). Same results.... ammo made no difference.

My P365's (yes, more than one) have shot very well and handled anything I put through them. Mine gets carried with HST 124gr +P's. Same load in my wife's.

"On the other side of fear you will always find freedom"

Posts: 2667 | Registered: January 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
legendary_lawman
Picture of prairieviper
posted Hide Post
I love my P938 Blackwood. At 15 yards and less, I shoot it as well as most of my full sized pistols. It is accurate, has night sights, is flawless in functioning, easy to conceal, comfortable to carry and good looking.

Being a 1911 enthusiast, the mini 1911 P938 suits me more than any striker fired pistol ever could. I have no interest in a P365.

"In God We Trust"

Posts: 1992 | Location: Central USA - Cornfields & Cows | Registered: May 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by beltfed21:
I sold my P938 shortly after getting it. Five, seven, ten yards it would not shoot point of aim. In fact the best it ever did was 3" left, 4" low. I had two friends try it as well (all three of us have shot competitively). Same results.... ammo made no difference.

My P365's (yes, more than one) have shot very well and handled anything I put through them. Mine gets carried with HST 124gr +P's. Same load in my wife's.

Sorry you had that experience with the 938. My SAS shot some nice small groups at 25 meters, I was really shocked at the accuracy.

What type of ammo did you use? I was firing 124gr. +p Rangers.

Posts: 253 | Registered: January 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mech
posted Hide Post
I had both the P938 and P365. Ended up selling the P938.

Reasons:

1) Increased capacity of P365 over P938;
2) No manual safety on P365 vs. frame safety on P938;
3) Top round of P938 mags tend to pop free, while the same does not happen with P365 mags;
4) Easier take down of P365 vs. P938;
5) Fewer "sharp edges" on P365 vs. P938;
6) P365 trigger style is more similar to my P229 and P224's, vs. P938's 1911-style trigger.

Due to the above reasons, I now carry the P365 in my pocket/in a belly band when I jog, etc. Hope these help!

Posts: 1160 | Location: SW Washington, Support Sporting Systems! | Registered: March 27, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ksss
posted Hide Post
I have been considering the same switch. My go to carry gun is the 938 SAS. The 365 does look attractive to me though. I waited for the 938 to get ironed out, and mine is flawless with amazing accuracy for a little gun. Still the 365 is intriguing to me, as long as it runs.

Posts: 390 | Location: idaho | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post