SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    sig 240p 38 special,208 22 lr,210-5 heavy barrel
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

sig 240p 38 special,208 22 lr,210-5 heavy barrel Login/Join 
Tuesday was gone when I told her my name is the breeze.
posted
Sig member's,what is the fair price on these model gun's?

Sig 210-5 heavy frame target.

240 38 caliber

The 2 208 sigs have hammerli on the factory box,adj grips.

All have factory box's. All are new,or test fired.

I am interested in buying them,but since i have no experience with prices,What is current present day value of these pistol's?

http://s1365.photobucket.com/u...TWOMOONS2/slideshow/

This message has been edited. Last edited by: tuumunz,

Posts: 1796 | Location:  | Registered: November 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
Of corse Gunbroker and, Larry's Guns generally has a few 208s, used to compare. You may find 1 or 2 P240s @ Gunbroker. BTW, the 240 has conversions for .32 S&W Long full wadcutter and .22 LR.

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Every day is New Year's Day
for Calendar Boy!

Oh, and I'm BANNED
posted Hide Post
I'd say if that gun shop has the money to buy that kind of collection than they have the money to hire someone that can deal with the year 2017 and knows guns well enough to do some research.

If that collection is consigned than whomever consigned it probably took it to the wrong place.

Posts: 1045 | Registered: September 06, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
Gunbroker lists a P240 in .32 caliber at $3,300.00. You can check completed auctions also. A good site for the 208s and some of the long guns is Simpson, Ltd. Simpsons lists 4 208 pistols.

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
David,the p240 is a 38 caliber semi auto.I have searched many different sights and can not find a good price point.

When i check gunbroker completed auction's,all i can find is a 32 caliber that went for 1700 dollar's.

Dave,Would a 38 caliber p240 be in the same price range?

Thank you for advice Dave.

Posts: 1796 | Location:  | Registered: November 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
I have seen, over a few decades now, the .38 caliber pistols among target shooters in the US, all but wipe away the little .32 S&W Long cartridge guns. The P240 in .22 LR and .38 caliber is more desirable in the US. I have some good experience with the .32 cartridge in a Benelli Atlanta and it's a fine target cartridge. A NIB P240 in .38 caliber will leave you doing your on line home work to determine its value. It is no less valuable than or more valuable than the .32 or .22 models. Be aware, the $1,700.00 gun you posted of, may well have been used condition. A Member here posted a P240 in a Kentucky gun shop which the shop owner decided to keep for himself. The exact same model was listed at Gunbroker over 3 grand.

7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
Please excuse my paragraph mess as I dont know how else to do it by phone.

posted Hide Post
Fine guns.
Do they have asking prices?
Does that dealer "deal?"

Posts: 3287 | Location: Florence, Alabama, USA | Registered: July 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
David,
Thank you sir.I can not find one p240 38 caliber that has sold.

I also can not find any sig 210-5 heavy frame target pistols that have sold.The 210-5 heavy frame target is new, 3 mags,box,paperwork,test target,etc.I think i am going to put my name on that pistol also.

On the good side i got a new hk elite 9mm,and 5 new factory wrapped 210 nill-graffe grips in the large collection and my name is on those items.

One new thumb rest nill grip for a 210.

I will have to keep looking.

I can not thank you enough David.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: tuumunz,

Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by John3200:
I'd say if that gun shop has the money to buy that kind of collection than they have the money to hire someone that can deal with the year 2017 and knows guns well enough to do some research.

If that collection is consigned than whomever consigned it probably took it to the wrong place.

a rather harsh statement that has nothing in it to help the original post,,

and yes, I have dealt with those types shops in the past, and it can be frustrating,

if it helps,

blue book is showing discontinued in 1986,
msrp was 1350, current 100% is 1475,

22 unit was a msrp of 595, current 100% is 595

I did an advanced search as well on gb and could not find one using sig p240, hammerli 240, or any combo

Julia sold one in 2009,
while that is ancient history, you may be able to log in and get an actual sales number

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10421 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Lyman
Thanks sir.That is what i am running into also,very old auctions.

But i will get an idea if i sit and search the internet for a day.

As i mentioned before ,that 210-5 heavy frame target with 3 mags,box,test shot target is just a jewel,that even if he is a little high,i sure have not seen many recently.

The 208s Hammerli 22 pistols in full target setup,box,4 mags,all factory items,are sweet also.

I also thank you sir.

Please have a good day.

7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
Collector Firearms archive list 2 P240 .38 cals, sold 1 just the pistol used but in excellent condition @ 1,995.00. A 2nd P240 in its box, as new with extras for $4,650.00. They tend to be a higher priced seller.

posted Hide Post
David,
Thank you sir.I bought the nib 210-5 target heavy barrel.The gun has the sig patch,test target,all items as the gun came from the factory.

I decided i am going to buy the p240, as i went to Simpsons gun site, and there are several nice 208s guns for sale.

So i am going to sell the 210-5 heavy frame target to help offset the p240.David,i can not own all of these nice guns.I hate to take new 210-5 out and maybe scratch or ding it.

I have Dan Wesson Pointman for my 9 mm shooting.I know its blasphemy not to keep this 210-5,but i am not a collector,and i know i would shoot the p240 and enjoy the gun and not worry about hurting it.

Thank you so much for your advice David

posted Hide Post
The 208's are a fantastic pistol. The trailside and xeese are but pale imitations.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
DSgrouse i agree 100%.I tried the triggers on a Smith Wesson 41,2 nice Hi Standard autos,a couple other high grade 22 caliber semi autos at the store.

Those 2 Hammerli 208s guns are not even close to best 22 semi auto guns i could find to compare triggers or balance.