SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Glock 45 (black G19x) and other models being released
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Glock 45 (black G19x) and other models being released Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chowser:
Thanks for the report!
Which Agent sights did you get?
I bought gen4 Agent sights for my gen5 19, 19X and the 45. I didn't like the gen5 Bold sights on my gen5 19 since it kept making me shoot low. I replaced them with the gen4 Agents and it fixed
my issue.

I run Gen 4 height sights on all my Gen 5 Glocks.

Posts: 604 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: June 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Yeah I have a couple of sets of regular Agents (non-G5) on backorder and will likely return the Gen 5 Agents to Brownells - one reason I like their “anytime” return policy.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Went shooting this morning, put 150rds through the G45 and I'll say that I was more happy with POA-POI today.

Like I said before, it might be a smidge low with Wolf but it seemed to right were I like it with Winchester M822 Ball. I'll likely try a non-Gen5 front sight to see how it affects things when they finally come it.

Still waiting on Talon grips which I think will make it perfect in my hand.

Save today, so you can
buy tomorrow
posted Hide Post
What is the Part # for the "non-Gen 5" Agent sight?

If I understand the previous posts correctly, the "Preferred Front/Rear Sight Combination" for the Glock 45 is:

"REAR" sight of the Standard Gen5 Agents for G17/19 - Part # GL5517

and the

"FRONT" sight (thinner) of the Glock 42/43 Agent sights Part #GL951?

Does the "non-Gen 5" sight have that combination of Front and Rear sight mentioned above?

quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
Yeah I have a couple of sets of regular Agents (non-G5) on backorder and will likely return the Gen 5 Agents to Brownells

Posts: 1885 | Location: Las Vegas | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
GL5517 are listed as the Gen 5 Agent Sights for 17/19/26. Rear U-notch (all): .165" wide opening. Front sights: .140" wide, with Gen 5 .200 front sight height.

The "non-Gen 5" are GL852 for Glocks in 9/40/357, which are the same as above but have .180 front sight height instead of .200.

Some people like a thinner front sight and use the .125 wide / .190 height front from the G42/43.

Brownells offers some of the front sights only on their website as well. Search under Ameriglo and they have some options of heights and widths.

I'm going to try the traditional .140 wide / .180 height front on my G45 and see if I like that better.

Picture of Wreckless
posted Hide Post
Glock made a modification cut in the slide on the G45 that results in much better extraction and ejection. I am very impressed with their updates and improvements on the Gen 5 in general and the G45 in particular. If I was back on the road I would carry on duty and feel very well protected.

La Dolce Vita

Posts: 543 | Location: SW Florida & SNJ | Registered: July 26, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
Sorry for dirty guns. You can see the cutout in my 45.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8019 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chowser:
Sorry for dirty guns.
No need to apologize, guns are supposed to be shot and dirty

posted Hide Post
Handled one yesterday. Wasn't overwhelmed. I didn't really like the front cocking serrations. They just looked wrong on a Glock. It felt like a normal colored 19X without the stupid lanyard loop and front magwell cutout. Which it was I guess. I'll stick with my Gen 5 19 for now. But I'm moving back to the classic Sig 9mm platform slowly.

Posts: 4658 | Location: Middletown, PA | Registered: January 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RR
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Wreckless:
I picked up my G45 yesterday at my local Blue Label dealer. $434 wasn't too bad a hit.

Hubba hubba

Posts: 442 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: October 09, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
I was able to handle a G45 yesterday. I liked all the Gen5 refinements and even though the front serrations weren’t pretty, they seem to be very functional for positive press checking. If I didn’t already have a G5 G19, I might have taken it home..

Posts: 13809 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Finally broke down and bought a 45. I only hesitated because I have 2 19x's and love them. I got the version with the Glock 3 dot night sights-same as what s on the 19x. 350 rounds today. Speer lawman , sig 115 fmj, Winchester 115 fmj, and Federal 124 grain HST +p.
Flawless, accurate, well balanced and fits hand great. I love the front serrations, for me they are just for looks as i will never use them.
Only have 3 Glocks right now, the 19x's and the G45 and I can honestly say that i don't feel the need for any other Glock. I shoot these that well. Just great pistols.

Posts: 539 | Registered: August 09, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Update on my G45 - after installing the Gen 5 Ameriglo Agent sights, the POA-POI was more akin to SIG faux "COMBAT SIGHT PICTURE", so I changed back to Gen 4 Agents and it brought the POI back to the tip of the front sight.

I have just shy of 500rds through mine, about 50/50 brass to cheap steel, and it just keeps chugging along with no drama and very positive ejection.

That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
Saw one locally last night, feels good, but with NS they had it at $699!..

So..... average price for a new Glock with 3 mags is about $499-$529 or so, add $100 for night sights, and you are at $629. Ive bought SEVERAL "$700" Glocks, but always negotiated WAY down. That's the sucker price. Everyone knows you have to negotiate to get a fair (real) price.

Posts: 6661 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ok just got the word from buddy who is a glock rep. Next out is a 10mm single stack called 29SX and a long slide .357 sig called 31L.
Put me down for a 29SX. Didn't get details on dimensions, sight options except he told me the 29SX was going to be like "the 43 was to the 19" whatever that means

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by longjohn:
Ok just got the word from buddy who is a glock rep. Next out is a 10mm single stack called 29SX and a long slide .357 sig called 31L.
Put me down for a 29SX. Didn't get details on dimensions, sight options except he told me the 29SX was going to be like "the 43 was to the 19" whatever that means
Are they coming out before or after the Glock 1911? Wink

posted Hide Post
Rhino you got me !!! I have to say that after I wrote that and re-read i wanted to buy one of each. The 31L would probably shoot to point of aim out to 200 yards with the .357 velocity from that 5.5 " barrel

Picture of rockchalk06
posted Hide Post
After picking up my new 45, I really think my next weapon will be the 19 Gen 5 MOS. No cutout on the frame and front slide serrations. Not sure if I'd ever put at RMR on it, but who knows.

Posts: 1363 | Location: OK | Registered: April 13, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fortified with Sleestak
Picture of thunderson
posted Hide Post
^ I just picked up a gen5 19 mos. I wasn't prepared for how much I like this pistol.

I have the heart of a lion.......and a lifetime ban from the Toronto Zoo.- Unknown

Posts: 5371 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: November 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post