SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Glock 45 (black G19x) and other models being released
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Glock 45 (black G19x) and other models being released Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sns3guppy:
quote:
Originally posted by scsigs:

Also is kinda amazing that Glock is still selling Gen3 and gen4.

Some of us like them.

I totally understand that, own a G19gen3 myself.
i was more or less referring to Glock being able to sell 3 gens of guns in large numbers, not many manufacturers would be able to pull it off, if any.

Posts: 1178 | Location: Upstate  | Registered: January 11, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Are the G19 Gen 3 on the Commie roster or something? That might have something to do with it.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
Are they still making Gen 3s? And Gen 5s are only in 9mm, so any other calibers have to be previous generations.

I'm starting to think that because the Gen 5 was only released in 9mm, and even after being out a while now, and having more models released, is still only 9mm, that Glock is going to move away from selling other calibers.

quote:
Originally posted by scsigs:

Also is kinda amazing that Glock is still selling Gen3 and gen4.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get on the fifty!
Picture of Andyb
posted Hide Post

"Pickin' stones and pullin' teats is a hard way to make a living. But, sure as God's got sandals, it beats fightin' dudes with treasure trails."

"We've been tricked, we've been backstabbed, and we've been quite possibly, bamboozled."

Posts: 3597 | Location: OK | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I’m sure Glock will start upgrading some of their 10MM, 40, and 45s to Gen 5, but as those are likely not huge sellers, there is no rush.

I’m sure the excitement for the 19X pushed the G45 to the front of the line, especially with LEAs moving away from 40.

In search of baseball, strippers, and guns
posted Hide Post
I’m pretty sure Glock has said that the gen 5 is specifically engineered just for the 9mm round, which is reflected in the single frame pin and that the gen 5 frame would not support other cartridges

Now, that could just be BS, but the gen 5s do actually only have the single pin near the slide stop, so who knows

quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
I’m sure Glock will start upgrading some of their 10MM, 40, and 45s to Gen 5, but as those are likely not huge sellers, there is no rush.

I’m sure the excitement for the 19X pushed the G45 to the front of the line, especially with LEAs moving away from 40.

——————————————————

If the meek will inherit the earth, what will happen to us tigers?

Posts: 7796 | Location: Warrenton, VA | Registered: July 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kevbo:
I’m pretty sure Glock has said that the gen 5 is specifically engineered just for the 9mm round, which is reflected in the single frame pin and that the gen 5 frame would not support other cartridges

Negative.

There are Gen 5 G22s in .40, produced for overseas police contracts. They also only have two pins.

So it appears that the third pin is no longer needed.

We just have only seen 9mm Gen 5s here in the states.

Posts: 32495 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Rogue beat me do it. I’m not surprised that Glock has focused on the Gen 5 in 9MM for the US market, with LEAs dropping 40 to a large degree. I mean you can’t swing a dead cat without multiple G22/23 Gen3/4 LEA trade ins for $350+/-50. I picked up a G23.4 for $319 shipped last year.

The response to the G19X surprised them so it’s smart they ramped up and met the LE requests for a black version with some Gen5 mods in pretty short order.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chowser:
Awesome! Glad to see they are out. My dealer told me Oct 5th and said he would set one aside for me.

My Ameriglo Agents from Brownells should be here next week.

I was told the same thing Monday but got a call late today telling me they got approval to sell them tomorrow.

Posts: 604 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: June 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I’m glad I’m wrong!

I would love a gen 5 G20 to go with my g40

——————————————————

Posts: 7796 | Location: Warrenton, VA | Registered: July 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JBP55:

I was told the same thing Monday but got a call late today telling me they got approval to sell them tomorrow.

He’s probably going to tell me the same thing but October 5th works for me. It’s my day off and the LE dealer is near my retired coworkwer who needs to do a form 4 for me since another suppressor came in. Also I can stop at the LE dealer on my way home to get my 45 and I need time to get a bunch of paperwork signed by my mayor and chief to bring with me so I can order 40 gen4 Glock 31s for work.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8013 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1KPerDay
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by x0225095:
quote:
Originally posted by cas:
Saw that earlier earlier today and thought...

1."I hope it's a full sized single stack 45!"

2. "It won't be, it's be a small .45 ACP"

3. "Boy that's a really dumb model number for a 9mm" Frown

It’s based on their patents. G45 is the 45th patent.
I'll just put this here.... pay particular attention to the patent for treatment of vaginitis. Big Grin

https://patents.justia.com/inventor/gaston-glock

---------------------------
My hovercraft is full of eels.

Posts: 3204 | Registered: February 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chowser:
quote:
Originally posted by JBP55:

He’s probably going to tell me the same thing but October 5th works for me. It’s my day off and the LE dealer is near my retired coworkwer who needs to do a form 4 for me since another suppressor came in. Also I can stop at the LE dealer on my way home to get my 45 and I need time to get a bunch of paperwork signed by my mayor and chief to bring with me so I can order 40 gen4 Glock 31s for work.

I was at my Glock BL Distributor prior to them opening this morning. When the door opened 15 buyers walked in and most were there for a G45. I was the second one to check out.

Posts: 604 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: June 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 808
posted Hide Post
Glock is coming to town in October with the new Glock 45 to show to the law enforcement in the area. Product testing and evaluation. Even giving a free lunch.

Posts: 1231 | Location: Great Commonwealth of Pennsylvania | Registered: February 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had the new Glock 45 in my hand today , I will keep my 19 X and my other gen 5 guns .

Posts: 936 | Registered: July 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
quote:

Negative.

There are Gen 5 G22s in .40, produced for overseas police contracts. They also only have two pins.

So it appears that the third pin is no longer needed.

We just have only seen 9mm Gen 5s here in the states.

I suspect that the redesigned ambi slide stop is a structural component now. It is very beefy.

Posts: 5161 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serenity now!
Picture of 4x5
posted Hide Post
Gunnies in Orem Utah has five or six in stock for $559. I held one today and was surprised at how well it felt. I may have to pick one up.

Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice - pull down your pants and slide on the ice.
ʘ ͜ʖ ʘ

Posts: 4929 | Location: Highland, UT | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Picked up a gen 5 19 MOS at the nations gun show. My LGS doesn’t have them in yet. I’m pretty sure the dealer wasn’t supposed to be selling these yet, but if he was going to have them on his table, at a reasonable price, then I was going to buy it

Got a delta point pro for it as well. Going to try and shoot it tomorrow

First impressions

I like the front cocking serrations on an MOS model. I find the slide finish to slick to reliably gain purchase forward of the chamber without them, but with the MOS models I’m Basically using the optic which I don’t want to do either...this helps solve this

I got the shit pinched out of me on gen 2 19s. So when I saw the gen 5s also had the cut out I was concerned. To my relief, the flared magwell made it so I didn’t get pinched on the gen 5s

That said, I like the lack of the cutout on the new MoS versions. Just more comfortable

I ordered Dawson suppressor sights for it, and I’ll look forward to carrying this

——————————————————

Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
I got the shit pinched out of me on gen 2 19s. So when I saw the gen 5s also had the cut out I was concerned. To my relief, the flared magwell made it so I didn’t get pinched on the gen 5s

I'm actually the opposite. I've never been pinched by my Gen 2 G19, but I get an occasional pinch with my Gen 5.

Posts: 32495 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Point being I think the half moon was a mistake by Glock, which they look to be correcting. I know the tacticalcoolieo crowd needs to STRIPTHATMAGOUTTADAGLOCKRIGHTNOW but as other plastic fantastics seem to survive without them (not to mention the metal frame pistol), I think it was a mistake.