SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Glock 45 (black G19x) and other models being released
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Glock 45 (black G19x) and other models being released Login/Join 
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
Man that Glock 19 MOS makes my lady bits tingle.

Posts: 6660 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The cake is a lie!
Picture of Nismo
posted Hide Post
Why would they make a whole new model number for a black 19x?

Posts: 7421 | Location: CA | Registered: April 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
Or, why would they name the tan one 19X if it's a whole new model? Wink

I wanted a black 19X but the front serrations kill it for me. Oh well.

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
I'm not a fan of the front serrations, but it's not a dealbreaker for me.

I'll take the front serrations because it means getting a normal magwell and grip.

Non-compatible magazine baseplates with the G19X is a bigger issue than ugly serrations on the G45.

Posts: 32493 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
It’s not exactly a black 19X. The frame is slightly different from the 19X and regular gen5 so new model number.

I already emailed my LE dealer. For $400, I don’t have to worry about making it black. I love my 19X but the 45 will seriously cause me to debate changing our 31s over to 45s next year.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8013 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
For those considering this as a duty gun, I read that there were issues with the forward serrations and Safariland ALS holsters on the guns that came out last year. Not sure if they were ever addressed.

Posts: 5160 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Were those issues with the older 6000 series holsters or the newer 7000 series? Or both?

We've had a couple random issues with some older 6000 series holsters with standard Gen 5s. Nothing widespread; it varies from holster to holster even within the same model. But no problems with newer 7000 series holsters and Gen 5s.

Posts: 32493 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by drabfour:
quote:
Originally posted by Pale Horse:
There is a Glock 25 and it is a .380. Not available in the U.S.

Beat me to it. 380 blowback.

Beat you both to it, ie <sarcasm>. Wink

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
PopeDaddy
Picture of x0225095
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cas:
Saw that earlier earlier today and thought...

1."I hope it's a full sized single stack 45!"

2. "It won't be, it's be a small .45 ACP"

3. "Boy that's a really dumb model number for a 9mm" Frown

It’s based on their patents. G45 is the 45th patent.

0:01

Posts: 4206 | Location: ALABAMA | Registered: January 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Glock holds way more than 45 patents.

Picture of 1KPerDay
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by x0225095:

It’s based on their patents. G45 is the 45th patent.
Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

---------------------------
My hovercraft is full of eels.

Posts: 3204 | Registered: February 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
I understand why they named it that.... and it's still a dumb name for a 9mm.

Much like S&W's Model 357 , which is a .41 Magnum. We know WHY you did it, just just shouldn't have. Wink

Posts: 21097 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Quit staring at my wife's Butt
Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post
G19 MOS GEN 5 and A G45 To go please. Razz I might just sell all my other glocks and just go with the 9 mm on all but my 32.

Posts: 5587 | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
To Do What is
Right and Just
posted Hide Post
Jesus, off course they had to make the new 19 a mos. Hope they make the non cutout frame standard eventually. I can take or leave front serrations, doesn't matter to me. But no interest in it being mos. If I want a dot on it, I'll mill it myself.

Posts: 2439 | Location: Usually Somewhere | Registered: July 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mbinky:
Or, why would they name the tan one 19X if it's a whole new model? Wink

I wanted a black 19X but the front serrations kill it for me. Oh well.

+1

Posts: 467 | Registered: November 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
I never really thought the '19X' name was quite the right name for that model. I would've preferred that they call it a G44 since it's really equal parts G19 AND G17. But Glock gets to call it what it wants since it's their creation. Now fast forward to today, and lo and behold they skipped 'G44' and titled their 'newest' creation 'G45'. Mmkaayy...so Glock, what was REALLY supposed to be the 'G44'?

I like the grip change to the MOS guns; the half moon cutout never bothered me on my Gen2 G19 but on the Gen5 G19 with its slightly smaller grip it does. And as with the Gen2s it always looked dumb. Now filled in like the 19X and appropriately fixed, and I finally like it. Aesthetically I still don't like the look of those bland and static vertical forward serrations, which still aren't aggressive enough like the fish gills were. But at least Glock is trying...I guess.

The rotary lug Glock...I would not be surprised if Glock decides to release the gun anyways. Losing the Bavarian contract should have been no surprise; that was a longshot from the very start for any foreign gun maker, even one where German is the spoken language at the factory. As Glock has already discovered with the G19X, even losing will make you a financial winner. But they must fully develop their take on the rotating lug design so the reliability and performance is there at the start so it won't denigrate the Glock brand in the eyes of the faithful who pray at the Altar of Gaston.

Forever the Power of the Glockaholic!!!

I guess I be wanting to add new Glocks to the collection once again.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by soggy_spinout:
....they must fully develop their take on the rotating lug design so the reliability and performance is there at the start so it won't denigrate the Glock brand in the eyes of the faithful who pray at the Altar of Gaston.

Seriously, Glock could come out with the 'Vienna Rainbow Titanium Glock 19Y' and it would become a thing....NOTHING they do will denigrate the Glock brand in the eyes of the faithful who pray at the Altar of Gaston! Wink

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8865 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhracecraft:
quote:
Originally posted by soggy_spinout:
....they must fully develop their take on the rotating lug design so the reliability and performance is there at the start so it won't denigrate the Glock brand in the eyes of the faithful who pray at the Altar of Gaston.

Seriously, Glock could come out with the 'Vienna Rainbow Titanium Glock 19Y' and it would become a thing....NOTHING they do will denigrate the Glock brand in the eyes of the faithful who pray at the Altar of Gaston! Wink

Well...them blindly putting their then-new dual-spring RSA designed and engineered for .40S&W in their Gen4 G19 and G17 and basically assuming that "it'll work" because that's what they done did before, and then taking over a year and multiple revisions to said RSA design to FINALLY get it to run like their already reliable Gen3 came pretty darn close to blasphemous denigration.

Jus' sayin'...

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
quote:
Glock could come out with the 'Vienna Rainbow Titanium Glock 19Y' and it would become a thing

Ahem....
I’m just gonna leave this here. Razz

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7675 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
My LE dealer said Oct 5th for the 45. So I told him I will be there with cash.
This, my 19X, etc are just play guns. I’m not a Glockaholic by any definition since I like other guns but at blue label pricing, it’s easy to buy. My carry guns are still my old gen3 32 and HK VP9.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8013 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post