SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Glock 45 (black G19x) and other models being released
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Glock 45 (black G19x) and other models being released Login/Join 
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted
Looks like Glock is releasing the Glock 45 model, which appears to be a black version of the G19X. Also a gen 5 G17 MOS, gen 5 G19 MOS, and gen 5 G34 MOS.

They have removed the much hated magazine cutout from the front of the grip on the latest releases, an awesome sign of listening to customer complaints.

https://us.glock.com/Products/G45

This message has been edited. Last edited by: bubbatime,

Posts: 6660 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Old Air Cavalryman
Picture of ARMT Guy
posted Hide Post
Damnit.. I was hoping for a small .45 ACP pistol, not another 9mm.

Also, there'll be more confusion at the gun stores. Razz

"Also I heard the voice of the Lord saying who shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, here am I, send me."

Posts: 7464 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
Saw that earlier earlier today and thought...

1."I hope it's a full sized single stack 45!"

2. "It won't be, it's be a small .45 ACP"

3. "Boy that's a really dumb model number for a 9mm" Frown

Posts: 21053 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cas:
3. "Boy that's a really dumb model number for a 9mm" Frown

Glocks handguns go in ascending number order, starting with the G17. Each new model is assigned the next number in the sequence (with a few exceptions, like the G17L and G19x). Model number has absolutely no bearing on caliber.

The G40 is a 10mm. The G38 is a .45 GAP. There is no G9.

The only interesting thing about the model number is that there has been no G44 announced yet.

But then the G46, Glock's rotating barrel pistol for the German Police, was announced a year before the G45, so the model designations must be assigned once they enter prototype stage, and not necessarily in the order they're released to the market.

Posts: 32430 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ARMT Guy:

Yeah, the Glock 9 should be in 40, the Glock 40 in 45 ACP, and Glock 45 in 9x21, and Glock 357 in 9MM Kurtz.

Then throw a curveball with the Glock 25 in 25 ACP. Wink

Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
What are the October 5 Glock rumors?

Sure they aren’t just going to release the rotary Glock?

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7631 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cslinger:

October 5th is when the G45 and 5th Gen G19 MOS and G17 MOS will start becoming available.

https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...550034744#9550034744

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15249 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIG-Sauer
Anthropologist
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cslinger:

Most unlikely. The G46 failed. The Bavaria State Police in Germany chose the VP9 instead. This contract would have been the entry ticket for the G46.It's doubtful Glock producing such a pistol without any large volume contract.

Posts: 3773 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: January 24, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
Tanner’s in PA is selling the 45 for $550

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of iron chef
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
quote:

Yeah, the Glock 9 should be in 40, the Glock 40 in 45 ACP, and Glock 45 in 9x21, and Glock 357 in 9MM Kurtz.

I'm still waiting for the porcelain Glock 7. I have over a month's salary set aside for it. Wink Big Grin

Posts: 3172 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lahilljack
posted Hide Post
I have one distributor that has available #PA455S203, Glock 45 9mm with standard sights and 17rd mags. Shows 80 in stock.

Mike

Posts: 692 | Location: Adams County, Ohio | Registered: June 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
The Gen5 G19 with no cut out in the grip makes me tingle with delight... must have

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I dig the 19x and G45 but seriously, give me a 19 slide and 26 grip. I don't see why this is so hard. I know Glock had sold a metric ton of the 19x's, but when P80 & Brownells gets the hint I think it is time.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: gordynismo,

Posts: 535 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: September 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
Maybe I'm slow today but did they just assign a model number on color alone?

Posts: 7320 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dsiets:
Maybe I'm slow today but did they just assign a model number on color alone?

-Black color
-Front cocking serrations
-Modified magwell and lower grip area

Yeah, it's fairly similar to the 19x. But if anything, the 19x's model designation is the anomaly. It probably should have been the G45 from the beginning.

Posts: 32430 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
I was just kicking around the idea of a Gen 5 G19 but was bent that there was no MOS option available.

Guess that solves that!

Well played, Gaston, you bastard...just when I thought I would buy no more Glocks.

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
quote:

Not really. The Glock 25 should be a 380. I like my Gen 2 model 22. It really isn't a 22, but I converted it to .357Sig. The model 21 I have was a .45 and then became a 10mm that was converted to .38 Super. The model 38 can't be converted to 38 Super, but with a conversion kit, can be a 22 just to close the GAP.

So basically what they have come out with is... Nothing?

Posts: 9112 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
There is a Glock 25 and it is a .380. Not available in the U.S.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15249 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gloom, despair and
agony on me.
Picture of drabfour
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pale Horse:
There is a Glock 25 and it is a .380. Not available in the U.S.

Beat me to it. 380 blowback.

Posts: 4981 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rustpot
posted Hide Post
I will likely be buying a Gen5 Glock. 45 would fit all of my G19 holsters. Or a 34MOS. Or just maybe both.

They finally make a product that works for me.

Posts: 6029 | Location: Romeo, MI | Registered: January 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post