SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    What do we want Bruce to tell Sig that we want...
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What do we want Bruce to tell Sig that we want... Login/Join 
Green Mountain Boy
Picture of Jus228
posted Hide Post
They can't help me with what I want. A nice W. German P220 to hang out with my 228 and 226. I have zero interest in anything out of Exeter, too many issues for me to trust them.

!~God Bless the U.S. Military~!

If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off

Light travels faster than sound, this is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak

Posts: 5563 | Location: Vermont | Registered: March 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Drop the P290 and replace it with a single stack P320

Posts: 23439 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So many great posts ahead of mine. Too many to list.

My request is a DA/SA pistol in 9 mm the size of the P938.

I love my P938 and never leave home without it. However, I do not operate the SAO and manual safety well. I practice and practice some more, but still have driver related issues associated with the manual of arms. Whereas, I run my DA/SA's flawlessly every time. I keep looking for a DA/SA solution, but come up empty.

Posts: 2033 | Location: Virginia | Registered: April 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Browndrake
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dusty78:
I want an all Stainless legion 938

I kind of like the sound of that myself. Smile

Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be men of courage; be strong. Do everything in love.
- 1 Corinthians 16:13-14

Posts: 888 | Location: Southwest Michigan | Registered: March 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
Slimmer P320, I like the P320, but it is a little thick for a 9mm, they could slim it up a bit. I agree on the modularity, I don't really care about it. I don't want a .40 or .357, and I do want a .45 which isn't compatible anyway. The kits are hard to find and expensive anyway, so just make it a 9mm striker pistol designed for that. Interchangeable grip modules is good.

So a slimmed up P320 9mm, and as always Id like to see the P225 come back, the real P225.

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10729 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Smarter than the
average bear
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by burnetma:
My request is a DA/SA pistol in 9 mm the size of the P938.

I love my P938 and never leave home without it. However, I do not operate the SAO and manual safety well. I practice and practice some more, but still have driver related issues associated with the manual of arms. Whereas, I run my DA/SA's flawlessly every time. I keep looking for a DA/SA solution, but come up empty.

This is what I was going to say. A true compact or subcompact in DA/SA. I'd like a .380 as well. I'm just very comfortable with DA/SA and I personally think it is a far superior system for carry than the striker fired pistols that are so popular.

Posts: 3435 | Location: Baton Rouge, Louisiana | Registered: June 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
22 conversion for the 239

Posts: 10055 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A full sized P227 without a rail. Why does everything have to have a rail?

James

We the unappreciated
must do the unimaginable
and see the unthinkable
to protect the ungrateful

Posts: 801 | Registered: March 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bearverine
posted Hide Post
I'd like to see something like a 239, but leaner. I like DA/SA, and I like the 239, but if it were a little lighter and leaner that'd be great.
I do like the 290, and did even get wifey one. A version with a little longer barrel and SAS would be nice.
A retail DAK to DA/SA conversion kit would find a couple of purchases from me.
Oh! Oh! A fastback 1911 carry that DOESN'T cost an arm and two legs.

As honor follows service, so the westerner travels to the east.

Posts: 478 | Location: Winchester, Indiana | Registered: April 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of abnmacv
posted Hide Post
A slim Sig 239 in 7.62x25.

U.S. Army 11F4P Vietnam 69-70 NRA Life Member

Posts: 1553 | Registered: June 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by esdunbar:
So a couple days ago, Bruce posted the following in the 320 drop safety thread:

"My goal is to help SIG do better while offering people products they really want."

It got me thinking, what do i want from Sig. I dumped my Sigs years ago and haven't bought a new one in probably 8 to 10 years I'd guess.

Like LT Cheng in that thread, I have been disillusioned with what Sig had become.

So Bruce's comment got me thinking, what would it take for Sig to earn me back as a customer?

So, whether you're a current Sig customer or not, what would you like Bruce to tell Sig we want. Obviously I don't expect Bruce to take the subsequent posts into Sig's board room, I'm just curious what we want to see from Sig.

For me, I'd love to see a Sig with a lower bore axis than the 320, stirker fired, grip similar to a H&K P30 feel and a slide the width of a BHP or CZ 75.

The only thing I feel it improved upon the Glock was the grip feel. For me, the modularity is meaningless, sacrificing thinness for it was a huge negative. For some reason, it has really been bugging me lately that there aren't more double stack 9's with slides like the BHP and the CZ 75.

Heck, if Sig made a Sig branded BHP with a 1911 style thumb safety and a better slide stop, that would be perfect...doesn't have to be striker fired.

what do you want to see sig make?

This. I haven't bought a SIG in years because I don't trust their QC anymore.

Posts: 12465 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Transplanted Hillbilly
Picture of Fire Away
posted Hide Post
I wanted the same thing. I ended up buying the SAS version and trading with someone for the full sized slide.

quote:
Originally posted by depusm12:

James

Posts: 1921 | Location: Central Pennsylvania | Registered: December 08, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fire Away:
I wanted the same thing. I ended up buying the SAS version and trading with someone for the full sized slide.

quote:
Originally posted by depusm12:

James

That someone would be me. Wink

Q

Posts: 26381 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
SAO All Stainless 227. Some of those sights off their 1911 stx and a 5" barrel would be fine too. Would be nice to have some mag compatibility with my 227 sas. Speaking of mags, they could also send me some 227 extended mags that actually worked.

Posts: 177 | Location: Virginia | Registered: October 19, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
I suppose they could attempt to do what ruger did with the LC9. Make a striker gun out of it.

I also like longer grip and barrels in single stack guns.

How about a striker P390 (see what I did there) with a 4" barrel and slide with a full size grip that takes the 8 round magazines with out grip lengthener.

I would buy one.

-----------------------------------------------------------
TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Transplanted Hillbilly
Picture of Fire Away
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
That someone would be me. Wink

Big Grin

Posts: 1921 | Location: Central Pennsylvania | Registered: December 08, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Quit staring at my wife's Butt
Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post
230 9 mm striker fire that recoils like a glock 42 holds 12 rounds and is thin but it must look exactly like a 232. no plastic, no rail, no bs dreaming I know.

Posts: 5594 | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
What mesage would I want conveyed? I'm not an expert in the field. However, I think there is a valid argument to be made that SIG is not producing quality products or is at least rushing some products to production, is not producing what the consumer wants and/or has poor customer support. Therefore, if SIG was a publicly traded company and I was a control person, I would ask upper managment to address the following:

SIG 556 with canted rail (the fish gill model);

SIG 556 M4 - nobody wanted an AR 551;

SIG 551A1 is sold but is to $$$$ for most consumers assuming you could find one;

SIG 556 with CNC programing errors that caused premature and excessive wear;

SIG 556 Discontinued - SIG never produced what the public wanted;

SIG 556 - no spare parts despite a firearm's life being measured in generations and not months;

SIG 556xi - Discontinued

SIG 556R Gen 1;

SIG 556R Gen 2;

SIG 556R discontinued

SIG MPX Gen 1;

SIG MPX Gen 2;

SIG MCX Gen 1;

SIG MCX Gen 2;

SIG MCX Virtus "Gen 3"

Why would a consumer buy an MPX or MCX if we don't even know what model SIG is going to produce let alone whether it will even keep the model in production (SIG 556);

SIG 516/716 - why should we buy a proprietary piston system based upon the above model changes and/or discontinuances;

P320 "Gen 1"

SigTac;

SIG P220 ST with proprietary rail and internal extractor. Then the P220 ST with standard rail and internal extractor, then the short extractor and finally the long extractor. Pick a design and stop having the public be your beta testers;

New SIG P210 American - different design from a real P210. I predict the American P210 will follow a path similar to the 556;

SIG Legion PVD finish issues;

SIG's Custom Shop inconsistency together with associated mistakes together with poor CS; and

Inconsistent manfacturing and/or assembly. Try a variety of SIG pistols at your LGS. You will be surprised at the difference in triggers and fit between guns of the same model and caliber.

To Hell & Back Reliablity? How about just knowing if your model will be supported next week and that it will work?

Posts: 12465 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2tonicP220
posted Hide Post
For me, It's made in W.Germany/Germany, stamped slide (excepting a P210), SA/DA, in whatever finish you like. SIGUSA's line-up has really left me cold. I sold SIG Sauer pistols in what I consider their heyday (late 80's-early 90's), and buying one/selling one seemed special.

Yes, they were expensive, but you truly got a fine, match accurate pistol from the box that was reliable, extremely well engineered and light for their size, great balance, just looked right/all business, and felt like a million bux. No stupid names, no IMO terrible jump the shark editions, no glaring defects from the box. I only have my spur hammer P220 American bought NIB in 1990 (w/test target of course), no import stamp, and cherish it to this day.

Posts: 2049 | Location: NW PA | Registered: March 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
^^^^^ The ship has sailed. Elvis has left the building.

Amen, sir.

Posts: 1699 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post