SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    What do we want Bruce to tell Sig that we want...
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What do we want Bruce to tell Sig that we want... Login/Join 
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
Good to see that your still active here Bruce.

Posts: 13680 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nasig:
CA compliant firearms. I know, I know. But you asked.

That’s funny. I don’t know that there is anything on the roster that I’d want. I’d much rather someone blow the roster up so that CA residents can buy whatever like real citizens in Free America.

Besides, with the micro stamping BS, there will probably never be a semiautomatic pistol added to the roster again. It just needs to be ruled unconstitutional and voided.

Posts: 6919 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of deadmanmike
posted Hide Post
At the top of my list, I'd love to see the MCX-MR we know it was developed for CSASS, which it didn't win, but got shelved seemingly indefinitely. I for one would love to replace my REPR with one.

Other things that I'd like to see Sig do:

- Update the P-Series, there have been a LOT of advancements and improvements that we've seen in other models that I'd love to see in the P226 or P229. Things like the magazine release from the P227 or the railed locking insert from the P224, the undercut in the trigger guard from the Legion P226 / X5s. They could also use the grip bushings from the P224 and P227. My thought process leans on the idea of Sig wanting more longevity in their products, they first mentioned this with the modularity of the MCX. In the MCX, Sig meticulously thought about the serviceability of the firearm long term, down to the roll pins that protect the upper receiver from the charging handle. I really feel Sig is moving in this direction, but they haven't made it there. With the grip bushings, you don't have to worry about stripping a screw hole out. With the railed locking insert, you will have to worry less about cracking your rails or wearing them out as half of them could be replaced. And finally, with the P227/224 mag release, we'll never have to worry about someone installing their mag catch retainer upside down and jacking up the frame. (or returning it to SIG to fix)

- Another smart move IMHO, would be for Sig to just manufacture ONE frame for each of their lines. For instance, right now there are at least 3 different frames for the P226. (one standard, the Legion version/ Elite version and then one for SAO.) Why not make all the guns with the holes cut for each? Obviously beavertails make it a little more difficult to do just the one frame, but it certainly wouldn't hurt.

- X-Fives made in the US! This is another one that we KNOW is happening, it's just a matter of when!?

I think we'd all love a DA/SA version of the P365, even if it were in the P938 platform, it'd still corner the market.

- Added capacity mags/ baseplates for the P210A and P225A, I feel that both of these guns could easily get at least one more round in them. I may even work on this project myself.

- Another thing I'm sure all of us would love to see would be the conversions for the MPX, granted, I love mine in 9MM, but I'd love to be able to run 357SIG as there are VERY few companies even making a 357SIG barrel for an AR.

- For heavens sake, make a 9MM 1911 other than the Super Target and Max guns. The Tacops 9MM was fantastic, but by the time it actually got released, it got killed off. 9MM 1911's are HOT right now!

- E3 grips! Like the ones they use in Germany on the X-Fives

I think Sig is doing a good job really paring down their lines to a much smaller core product, they had just too many guns in the assortment. I look forward to seeing what they offer this year.

=============
Certified Sig P-Series Armorer
Certified AR-15/M16/M4 Armorer
Certified 1911 Armorer
Certified Glock Armorer
Certified Sig P320 Armorer
Certified Glock Advanced Armorer
Certified MPX Armorer
Certified MCX Armorer

Posts: 1587 | Registered: June 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A simple jig for cutting manual safety notches in P320 grip modules. (Not looking to start another debate re: thumb safety vs. No thumb safety.)

Posts: 21 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: October 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A P365 that is longer. Use the exact same technology, but offer something with a longer sight radius and taller grip.

The thin frame would still be easy to conceal. With a slightly taller grip, the pistol could hold 12-15 rounds and would be easier to grip.

-c1steve

Posts: 4052 | Location: West coast | Registered: March 31, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chilihead and Barbeque Aficionado
Picture of 2Adefender
posted Hide Post
Parts.

Just sell us parts for the SIGs we already own. Especially long guns.

An aluminum M-Lock hand guard for my 516 would be a good start. Maybe spare BCGs and gas piston parts too.

The Second Amendment is not about hunting or sport shooting.

Posts: 10490 | Location: FL | Registered: December 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post