SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Glock 48 thoughts
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Glock 48 thoughts Login/Join 
posted
Have a chance to pick up a barely used Glock 48 for what I think is a good price.
Seller said he put 2 magazines through it and does not like it.
I am intrigued by the pistol and it's larger than my Kahr K9 but it might be a good Summer carry weapon. Carrying the G19X now so it would be similar.
Who has one? Thoughts? Stick with the Kahr?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: joatmonv,

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
I’m very fond of my G48. I’d grab it.

Posts: 26852 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In search of baseball, strippers, and guns
posted Hide Post
I am also very fond of my 48

Especially now that I got spare mags for it

——————————————————

If the meek will inherit the earth, what will happen to us tigers?

Posts: 7796 | Location: Warrenton, VA | Registered: July 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Slugo
posted Hide Post
I prefer the P225 but the new Glock 48 is almost half the price.

Posts: 59 | Registered: June 26, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Meeting him in a few hours to buy it. Luckily, I have a friend who's an FFL because private sales have to be transferred now in Ohio.
Not a bad day and I may make it out to the back acreage to try it out.
Thanks all.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was one to pine for a single stack 19. I did buy a kahr P9 which was close. 4 inch barrel and 8rds. But it never was reliable for me. Broke it in with 3-4 hundred rounds, but it would always have an issue.
For me the 48 is perfect. Getting used to the slide color and magazines are on the horizon.

Posts: 1652 | Location: SC | Registered: December 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
Just last week I picked up a G48. Haven't shot it yet but it seems to fit pretty well and dry firing indicates a decent trigger. Sounds like a good deal.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by joatmonv:
Meeting him in a few hours to buy it. Luckily, I have a friend who's an FFL because private sales have to be transferred now in Ohio.
Thanks all.

I really like my G48. Worth checking out imo if you already like Glocks.

As an aside, I completely missed that private sales must go through an FFL in Ohio. I’m embarrassed I missed that, I try to follow legal updates but was obviously asleep asleep at the switch on that. When did it happen?

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
Well, crap. Looks like I have a 48 on the way for a project...

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37084 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by esdunbar:
quote:
Originally posted by joatmonv:
Thanks all.

As an aside, I completely missed that private sales must go through an FFL in Ohio. I’m embarrassed I missed that, I try to follow legal updates but was obviously asleep asleep at the switch on that. When did it happen?

I do believe it was 2018 the law changed.
I still know a few people that won't do this when they sell a pistol. Not that big of a deal to me and I have to do it when I buy new.

The Blue Machine
Picture of Phred
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
Well, crap. Looks like I have a 48 on the way for a project...

What kind of project?

Posts: 1625 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: February 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Paying down my Credit Card for a G48!

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16005 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
Just picked one up this week, but haven't had the chance to shoot it yet

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man Once
Child Twice
posted Hide Post
Are we sure that Ohio law has been changed? I never heard anything about it and a quick check didn’t corroborate the above post. I’m hoping it didn’t, just for the PIA factor.

Posts: 11148 | Location: NE OHIO | Registered: October 22, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There is no NICS required for private sales in ohio.

Posts: 338 | Location: Chesterland, Ohio | Registered: October 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sigfest and Daddy are correct, I'm wrong and I guess I shouldn't have taken my friend's, who is the FFL, word on it.

For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
Your friend just wants a transfer fee Smile

They didn’t have any 48s in stock last time I went. I held the 43X and liked it but they only had one open for sale and it matched the badge number of my coworker so he bought it.

I will probably grab a 48 and 43X the next time I stop in.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 7993 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
Could you be more specific in your thread title please.

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mark60
posted Hide Post
My G48 came in a couple days ago. I haven't gotten to shoot it yet but it feels great in hand and seems to have a good trigger.

Posts: 3438 | Location: God Awful New York | Registered: July 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I also recently purchased the new G48 and I absolutely love it! I appreciate the full hand purchase and the 4"+ barrel for full ballistic performance. The thinness of the grip feels great in the hand, and after 700 rounds, it has been completely reliable, accurate and well balanced. Once I find a holster to my liking, it will become my EDC/CCW. Although this is a Glock, it doesn't feel like a blocky Glock, but an ergo friendly pistol. IMHO: this is the best single stack offering since the S&W 39-2....and the 3913's series.

Posts: 970 | Location: Virginia | Registered: August 03, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post