SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Here's your Dot Torture Drill kit
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Here's your Dot Torture Drill kit Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RichardC:
http://www.guns.com/review/tra...nd-push-your-limits/

5/04/17| by Eve Flanigan

"The 50-round Dot Torture drill is a great test of general marksmanship. It can prove encouraging or humbling for anyone, depending on the distance chosen for firing. It’s a drill I use to re-focus after I’ve been away from the range for a while, as it guides you through all the basics, multiple times, and gives clear feedback about where any deficits lie."

Here's the downloadable target:

http://pistol-training.com/wp-...t-torture-target.pdf

The drill requires ten two-inch circles, or “dots,” numbered in succession. From a minimum of three yards, or five to seven if you’re confident in the basics, fire according to this sequence:

•Dot 1 – Draw and fire one string of five rounds. One hole is the goal.
•Dot 2 – Draw and fire one shot, then holster. Repeat four times on Dot 2.
•Dots 3 and 4 – Draw and fire one shot on Dot 3, then one shot on Dot 4, holster, and repeat three times.
•Dot 5 – Draw and five rounds, strong hand only.
•Dots 6 & 7 – Draw and fire two shots on Dot 6, then two on Dot 7, holster, and repeat four times.
•Dot 8 – From ready or retention position, fire five shots, weak hand only.
•Dots 9 & 10 – Draw and fire one shot on Dot 9, speed reload, fire one shot on Dot 10, holster and repeat three times.

thanks so much for posting this. I printed some of these out last Friday and brought them to my club. It was a lot of fun and great practice.

Posts: 148 | Registered: June 29, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
Dang I'd be lucky to see the paper at 3 yards Big Grin

Let alone two-inch dots? Confused I don't think I'll be hitting very many of those. Red Face

Posts: 27957 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post