SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    SIG SAUER M17/XM18 fielded by 101st Airborne Division
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SIG SAUER M17/XM18 fielded by 101st Airborne Division Login/Join 
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted
Love the video "Don't Fucking.... ahhh... so when your shooting......"

Classic Army...

https://www.sigsauer.com/press...auer-m17m18-pistols/

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Press hard,
Three copies
posted Hide Post
Glad to see pistol marksmanship training remains unchanged since I was in. No high thumb grip making use of the thumb safety as an index shelf and fucking tea cupping.

A Veteran, whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve, is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America" for an amount of "up to and including my life."

Posts: 2200 | Location: VA | Registered: June 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
Is this suppose to replace the M9 across all services or just within certain units?

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
Is the slide cut for an RMR?

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ceptor781:
Glad to see pistol marksmanship training remains unchanged since I was in. No high thumb grip making use of the thumb safety as an index shelf and fucking tea cupping.

The fella at 2:07 made me facepalm.

Posts: 17114 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mbinky:
Is this suppose to replace the M9 across all services or just within certain units?

As per the Army Force Modernization Database, The M17 will replace all M9s and the M18 will replace the M11. If everything goes according to plan. I did find something funny in the XM-17 BOIP.

Posts: 4584 | Location: Where ever Uncle Sam Sends Me | Registered: March 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:

HIGH SPEED! LOW DRAG! HOOAH!

Posts: 32495 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
fugitive from reality
Picture of SgtGold
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dusty78:
Is the slide cut for an RMR?

Yes it is.

Posts: 7073 | Location: Newyorkistan | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Transplanted Hillbilly
Picture of Fire Away
posted Hide Post
[/QUOTE]
I did find something funny in the XM-17 BOIP.[/QUOTE]

What did you find?

Posts: 1921 | Location: Central Pennsylvania | Registered: December 08, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That was not awe inspiring.

Posts: 7460 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fire Away:

I did find something funny in the XM-17 BOIP.[/QUOTE]

What did you find?[/QUOTE]
Some basis of issue plans (BOIPS) have pictures. The one for the XM17 had a picture of the Glock. I suspect they put it there as a place holder and when they switch it from XM-17 to M-17 they will put the proper picture in.

Posts: 4584 | Location: Where ever Uncle Sam Sends Me | Registered: March 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dude, choke up on that grip... Beavertail against the web of you hand.

Laughing in the face of danger is all well and good until danger laughs back.

Posts: 496 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: July 08, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
http://www.newsweek.com/us-arm...r-more-lethal-726918

SIG Sauer won the 10-year, $580 million contract with the U.S. Army.

The new handguns are equipped with an external safety, self-illuminating sights for low-light conditions, an integrated rail for attaching accessories and an Army standard suppressor conversion kit to attach an acoustic/flash suppressor

Posts: 19566 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
Ugh, that was painful to watch. When I took the M224 gunner job, I had to trade my M16 for a handgun, a 1911. Those were the days.

Posts: 6009 | Location: TN | Registered: February 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Those guys are all Airborne? Must get almost exclusive rifle training.

------------------------------------------------
Charter member of the vast, right-wing conspiracy

Posts: 1860 | Registered: June 25, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
http://www.newsweek.com/us-arm...r-more-lethal-726918

SIG Sauer won the 10-year, $580 million contract with the U.S. Army.

The new handguns are equipped with an external safety, self-illuminating sights for low-light conditions, an integrated rail for attaching accessories and an Army standard suppressor conversion kit to attach an acoustic/flash suppressor

U.S. ARMY HAS A BRAND-NEW HANDGUN, AND IT’S ‘FAR MORE LETHAL’
This deserves a double Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Q

Posts: 26354 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Damn POG's always making everyone else look bad. But they never issued us grunts pistols, which never made sense why we had to know the M9 for EIB testing since we never used it.

Posts: 134 | Registered: August 24, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had one of these tea-cupping, non-shooting idiot NCO’s try to scold me on how I was shooting and how I was shooting too fast and wasn’t gonna qualify.. should have seen the look on his face when he graded my target and saw that I didn’t miss once. Needless to say he never gave me shit at the range ever again

Posts: 3371 | Registered: December 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
As a former 101st Infantryman that was painful to watch . If they can spend millions on a new pistol why can't they hire someone like Mike Seeklander to teach the troops how to shoot it ?

Posts: 705 | Location: S.W.Florida | Registered: August 18, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
quote:

HIGH SPEED! LOW DRAG! HOOAH!

The closer your eyes are the rear sight, the more accurate you are.

Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post