SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Sig P365 vs S&W Shield 2.0 Triggers!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sig P365 vs S&W Shield 2.0 Triggers! Login/Join 
Picture of Chazman1946
posted
First off I currently own both of these weapons the Shield 2.0 for about 3 months, the P365 (my second one) for about two weeks now.

Here’s my anecdotal experiences and opinion.

#1 Both are better then any of the four different Glocks I have owned.

#2. Neither one of them have as nice a trigger action as my now departed Ruger LC9s pro, which can only be beaten by my Walther PPQ M2. Caveat to the Ruger is the thin trigger it does have, ended up giving me “trigger bite” sometimes to the point where I had a blood blister on the tip of my trigger finger after about 30 rounds., that’s why it’s gone!

#. The Shield wins! The Shield has about the same amount of take up till the wall as the P365, but it feels easier to get there because the P365 has more pressure to push the trigger back.

The Shield, once you have gotten to the wall, takes only a tiny amount of rearward press you to hit the break, which is very crisp. The P365 has more of a slightly gritty feeling drag , quite a bit longer before you finally hit the break. Both reset at about the same forward travel.

Maybe Sig designed it this way because there is no trigger safety as there is on the Shield.

Bottom line, both are great, one just has a trigger that is just a little bit more Great!

Both beat a Glock!

Posts: 78 | Registered: July 06, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Whack-Job
Whisperer
Picture of 18DAI
posted Hide Post
I disagree. I have yet to squeeze a shield trigger, including the PC version that was not spongy. And most were spongy AND gritty. There is a reason Apex makes tons of parts for those guns.

The 365 trigger is unlike any striker fired plastic guns trigger that I have shot. Smooth, with no wall. Just a clean break.

I will agree with you that the PPS has a better trigger than all of them. Regards 18DAI

7+1 Rounds of hope and change

Posts: 4231 | Registered: August 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Chazman1946
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 18DAI:
I disagree. I have yet to squeeze a shield trigger, including the PC version that was not spongy. And most were spongy AND gritty. There is a reason Apex makes tons of parts for those guns.

The 365 trigger is unlike any striker fired plastic guns trigger that I have shot. Smooth, with no wall. Just a clean break.

I will agree with you that the PPS has a better trigger than all of them. Regards 18DAI

No wall on the P365?? You must have some kind of proto type no one else has seen.

Mine, if you don't rapid fire pull the trigger, has smooth (but stiffer then the Shield) take up and then there is a distinct wall, the take up after that is much longer and grittier then then the Shield before the break.

The Shield 2.0 has a very lose and spongy take up, once at the wall it only takes a short distance more for the break which is crisp, seemingly to me, using a lot less pressure then the Sig.

Dry firing both I find that the front sight on the Sig has no movement at all after the break, while the Shield has a slight upwards and to the right slight jump.

I stated the better trigger then both of these was the Ruger LC9s Pro, not the Walther PPS M2, of which I had one also.

Interestingly the one I had, had a worse trigger then all of the above, very, very gritty.

Of course that could just be my individual gun, which I dumped just for that reason.

Of the two in question, I prefer the S&W Sield for slow aimed shot, but the Sig is much better at a fast pull then the Shield.

The Sig trigger being metal and not plastic does feel better and solid, the Shield's feels like the plastic It is and kind of wobbles around a little, while the Sigs trigger is rock solid!

In reconsideration, first prize goes to the Sig.

Posts: 78 | Registered: July 06, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post