SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Brand Loyalty...or not...
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Brand Loyalty...or not... Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I've owned different brands over the year's....Ruger, Sig, S & W, Colt, Glock, and Dan Wesson. Through experience and necessity.....I'm now the proud owner of 5 Sigs...P229 SAS, P239 SAS, P229 Legion, MK25, and my trusty old P229 Classic...and my EDC is my S & W Shield 9mm. These two brand's (Sig and S & W) have never failed me....so, I'm a loyal fan....

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Sig protects my life, home, and family....."God guards my soul"

Posts: 1477 | Location: owensboro, ky | Registered: December 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
With handguns there's only one model size I loyally adhere to: compact Glock. Beyond that I'm all over the place though there are models and brands I favor. With pump shotguns I stick with Mossberg. Semi-auto shotguns, it's whatever. Rifles...all over the place.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
:^)
Picture of BillyBonesNY
posted Hide Post
No loyalty here, I'm in with what works.

From club to firearm, whatever it is, must be accurate and reliable.

----------------------------------------
http://lonesurvivorfoundation.org

Posts: 7179 | Registered: March 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leave the gun.
Take the cannoli.
posted Hide Post
Sigs and HK. Never warmed up to Beretta. Took a liking to 1911s when they became “modernized” with beaver tails, extended controls, etc and ended up with too many 1911s from S&W Performance Center.

Posts: 6634 | Location: New England | Registered: January 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
No brand loyalty, though there are several brands I own more of than others. But the "brand" had little to do with it.

At one time my goal was to own one of each.

Now it's one of each at one time or another.

Posts: 21105 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
Huge Glock fanboy here.

But love the Beretta 92 series. Own or have owned Rugers, Springfields, Sigs, Glocks, Berettas, HK, S&W, Kahr, etc.

Been consolidating lately, Glocks, Beretta. One HK. Most of my Sigs are gone.

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10729 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
I’m all over the place. I do have multiples of things I like. A few HK P7’s, 5 glock 19’s, Smith wheel Guns, a few Sigs, a couple of Tanfoglios, a couple Beretta 92’s, a few different 1911’s, a few Ruger pistols, a few Walther pistols, then some odd ball stuff like a double tap defense 9mm, NAA minis, a few different surplus guns, etc...

Variety is the spice of life

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a little of everything:
1 Glock
2 Sigs
1 Kahr
1 HK
2 Rugers
1 walther ppk (interarms version)
1 Colt

Posts: 20 | Location: Texas Gulf Coast | Registered: September 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Not really loyal to a brand. Seem to stick with what works. Buy another if the price is good enough or trade well enough.

Will shop for anything that is reliable and has good customer service. That means it will not be an STI.

Posts: 9152 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ewills
posted Hide Post
No loyalty to a brand here. But I very much enjoy shooting:

German SIGs, especially Mastershop pieces
CZs with upgrades
Browning shotguns
Older pre-lock Smith revolvers and .22 auto pistols
Ruger .22 pistols

Posts: 308 | Location: NOVA | Registered: February 15, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No brand loyalty, and in fact I carry a brand I've disliked and rejected for a lot of years; at the moment I'm carrying a Glock. I never cared for them, made fun of them, blew them off. I've carried revolvers, the 1911, the Sig P239, the HK45C, a HKP2000SK, and a few others at times. I ended up with a Glock; single, repeatable trigger pull, conventional controls, no manual safety, and reliable. It checked all the boxes.

Meanwhile I own a number of Sigs, Berettas, HK's, S&W's, Rugers, Brownings, and so on. Just bought a S&W M&P 2.0, and a Colt. It's next to a Steyr. Even some North American, and the paperweight Keltec. I own several Dan Wessons, and even some kimber, a few Taurus, and once upon a time, a charter arms. Most of what's hitting the market today is excellent in terms of reliability, ergonomics, etc.

I like single action revolvers, and for those I do prefer Ruger.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of gunguru123
posted Hide Post
I am not brand loyal to anyone. I may have my favorites but there are so many well built guns out there, it would limit my fun! Same goes with cars, I am not a Ford, Chevy, or whatever man. I go with what I like at the moment.

Sig P220 Elite Dark, W. German 220/226 Navy/226 Tac Ops/226R Stainless/228/229 Legion/229R/M11-A1D

Glocks, HK, Walther, XDs, etc, etc...

Posts: 1043 | Location: Texas | Registered: April 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of stormin
posted Hide Post
I used to have 2 S&W revolvers and about 7 Classic P-Series Sigs. Now it’s the 2 Smiths, 5 Glocks and a P290RS.

Posts: 329 | Location: Raleigh, NC | Registered: March 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of UDDwaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bcjwriter:
OK..so I know a lot of shooters who stick to one platform. I mostly stick to the Glocks and 1911's, but have a couple of outliers. One is a S&W Shield that I carry off duty, the other is a S&W 642 I carry as a backup/ankle gun. I tend to try a lot of different guns, but tend to come back to the same Glocks and 1911's...

What say you...are you a purist, and stick to a specific make/system, or do you have a bit of whatever...

Last time I checked, 1911's were not a brand. :-)

I have 4 1911's, from various makers/brands.

Posts: 424 | Registered: February 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
No loyalty. But I do stick to SIG, S&W, and HK.

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3968 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post