SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Brand Loyalty...or not...
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Brand Loyalty...or not... Login/Join 
Picture of bcjwriter
posted
OK..so I know a lot of shooters who stick to one platform. I mostly stick to the Glocks and 1911's, but have a couple of outliers. One is a S&W Shield that I carry off duty, the other is a S&W 642 I carry as a backup/ankle gun. I tend to try a lot of different guns, but tend to come back to the same Glocks and 1911's...

What say you...are you a purist, and stick to a specific make/system, or do you have a bit of whatever...

Posts: 1963 | Location: Southern CA | Registered: July 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Who Woulda
Ever Thought?
posted Hide Post
I have me some of whatever.

Posts: 6587 | Registered: August 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SVTNate
posted Hide Post
I too come back to Glocks and 1911's, but I have no brand loyalty. Of course I have my Glocks and various 1911's, but I also have Sig, Beretta, HK, Walther, S&W, CZ, in non-1911 platform pistols.

Funny enough, I have more HK's than anything, even though I don't carry HK anymore and I hardly shoot them.

If we didn't have these CA laws, I'd probably also try the S&W M&P 2.0, various other CZ's we can't get here, and some other pistols. Obviously being an LEO, you don't have that issue.

I have a CCW in OC. I carry G19's and 1911's (Ed Brown and Springfield Professional), but one of my favorite autos is the Walther PPS. I have two.

I guess when it comes to 1911's I do have brand loyalty... I've never buy another Baer or Nighthawk, and if I had my way (and again, CA laws permitting), I'd have several more Wilson Combat pistols than I already own.

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-
Guns, cars, Cuban cigars

Posts: 2570 | Location: Orange County, CA | Registered: September 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Almost all SIGs here. Strayed recently and bought a lemon CZ. It's going back to CZ, once problem is fixed it's getting sold. Probably enough frustration involved that it will be a couple years before I stray again.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20804 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
I work in a running store and tell customers they shouldn't get married to a brand. Today's awesome running shoe may be next year's dog, and vice-versa. I have worn shoes from every major brand (and then some). Yes, I have my favorites, but I'm always willing to try a new model or a new brand. I feel the same way about guns. OK, I know I can buy 4-5 pairs of running shoes for the price of a gun, so that's why I read reviews and posts here. Since I can't try every make and model, I let you folks do that for me!

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bcjwriter:
OK..so I know a lot of shooters who stick to one platform. I mostly stick to the Glocks and 1911's, but have a couple of outliers. One is a S&W Shield that I carry off duty, the other is a S&W 642 I carry as a backup/ankle gun. I tend to try a lot of different guns, but tend to come back to the same Glocks and 1911's...

What say you...are you a purist, and stick to a specific make/system, or do you have a bit of whatever...

If it goes bang every time, I will practice till i feel comfortable carrying it. It's a tool box, become proficient in the use of your tools and have a big tool box at home

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
2 Sigs and 1 Kahr. I prefer Sigs but have had Glock, HK, S&W and others.
Down to 3 pistols for carry. The Kahr is being carried now because N.E. Ohio decided it wants to be July.
I'm pretty loyal to Sig.

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
With bad intent
posted Hide Post
Im loyal to a brands specific line until it gives me a reason not to be. I simply prefer to have the manual of arms whenever feasible.

Of the bigger brands, Sig and Walther are on my lsit of guns not to buy. CZ has never impressed me out of the 4 or 5 Ive bought and tried so while they arent immediately black flagged, they rarely make it in the safe.

Posts: 7912 | Location: One step ahead of you | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Whack-Job
Whisperer
Picture of 18DAI
posted Hide Post
I have no brand loyalty. I use to be a S&W fan till they destroyed their revolver line and started making plastic junk.

I have a good size collection of S&W 3rd gen pistols, which I still use and carry everyday. Also a few Colts and HK. But those are range only guns.

There are a few CZ pistols that appeal to me and I may pick up a couple of them this year. Along with a Colt Defender in stainless and a Sig 227. Regards 18DAI

7+1 Rounds of hope and change

Posts: 4231 | Registered: August 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rockchalk06
posted Hide Post
All Sigs except for my Ruger AR and my old mans Star 45 he carried on duty for several years.

I’ve owned several Glocks over the years and never really cared for them and had some issues that have lost my confidence in them.

Sig P22X series are (to me) works of art that just keep working. Hard to change off of that.

Posts: 1363 | Location: OK | Registered: April 13, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Most of my guns are single action. But, I don’t stick to one brand, I like 1911s and have several, but also have a bunch of other stuff.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Brand loyalty? Not really, I’m loyal to reliability, accuracy, availability and performance.

For the past couple years, thats been Glock for me, although not every gun manufacture meets all needs so I have more than just Glock.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a 1911 and a Shield, but those are the only outliers for magazine fed pistols. Everything else is Sig or Glock. All Sigs are TDA P2XX. Glocks are both 17Ms, my issued gun and one I bought from a retiree.

I'm a bit more diverse in my revolvers, owning examples from the "Big 3", Ruger, S&W, and Colt.

Posts: 139 | Location: Indiana | Registered: June 19, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
To me, it's not brand specific, but model specific.

SIG - classic P-series only
Glock - 19 only
CZ - Compact PCR only
Beretta - 92/M9 only
Ruger - old centerfire P-series only (89/90/93/95/97)
HK - USP only

Q

Posts: 26322 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
I’m more a advocate of systems and interchange. Take a Glock 19 & 26. Reliable and Both are ubiquitous with mags that interchange. Same with the FNS 9 & 9c. Too bad FN’s customer service is the worst in the industry but I digress..

Posts: 13804 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I work in the opposite direction. Every brand and maker is welcome here until they lose their business with me either through me having a bad experience with their product or through some other actions of theirs that I don't like. Then they get on a NFE (NotEffinEver) list. Five gun makers are on that list, along with Dell computers, Volkswagen cars and some other consumer products and service providers.

Posts: 481 | Registered: April 03, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Started with SIG. Just seem to keep getting them. It's not really intentional. Like I wanted a polymer striker to replace my P229 for EDC. Well, PSA had the SP2022 for $350, so I just had to buy at that price. Didn't mean to buy a SIG, it just happened. Finally got back on track and tried the VP9 then the PPQ and neither did what I wanted. Tried the P320 and shoot it great. Didn't mean to end up with a SIG, it just happened.

So I don't go looking for SIGs to buy, and I've certainly bought others. But I do have a lot more SIG than anything else. Except rifles...I won't buy a SIG rifle.

------------------------------------------------
Charter member of the vast, right-wing conspiracy

Posts: 1860 | Registered: June 25, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:

Glock - 19 only
CZ - Compact PCR only
Beretta - 92/M9 only
HK - USP only

No love for the P7? Or is it just not your cup of tea?

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
Brand loyalty? Not really, I’m loyal to reliability, accuracy, availability and performance.

For the past couple years, thats been Glock for me, although not every gun manufacture meets all needs so I have more than just Glock.

Exactly this

Posts: 13740 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DSgrouse:
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:

Glock - 19 only
CZ - Compact PCR only
Beretta - 92/M9 only
HK - USP only

No love for the P7? Or is it just not your cup of tea?

Not fan of staple gun. Too weird.

Q

Posts: 26322 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post