SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P320 front sight removal
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P320 front sight removal Login/Join 
posted
I have an optics mount with integrated rear sight that came with the correct height front sight and need to replace the standard front sight on an M17.

I have a P classic MGW sight pusher, but P320's don't fit.

Padded vice with nylon punch and hammer won't budge the front sight. Which way is it supposed to go? I remember left to right for P classic sight install and right to left for removal. Is it the same for P320's? Any other suggestions?

Posts: 4714 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I went left to right on my P320 but I buggered up the slide. Not good. I advise a sight pusher.

DPR

Posts: 656 | Registered: March 10, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That's just the
Flomax talking
Picture of GaryBF
posted Hide Post
quote:

Put the slide nose in from the opposite side and pad it. I did this with mt P320 and it worked.

Sight Change by GaryBF, on Flickr

Posts: 11875 | Location: St. Louis, Missouri | Registered: February 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I use the french Rear Sight Tool for mine; the front sight requires the slide be angled into position. Push it out to the left, put it back to the right. Use locktight. You may need slight relief on the sight bevel with a file if the new one doesn't drift in. Some sights do.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lefty Sig:
I have an optics mount with integrated rear sight that came with the correct height front sight and need to replace the standard front sight on an M17.

Padded vice with nylon punch and hammer won't budge the front sight. Which way is it supposed to go? I remember left to right for P classic sight install and right to left for removal. Is it the same for P320's? Any other suggestions?

Mine pushed out from right to left.
For piece of mind, take your calipers and measure each side of the dovetail cut.

I used an MGW pusher.
Otherwise I would have used a brass punch.

Posts: 434 | Registered: November 03, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ordered the MGW universal (the big one) and shoes for the P320, P-Classic, and P365.

That means I'll have to sell a dedicated MGW P-Classic one and a dedicated MGW Glock one.

Posts: 4714 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Got the MGW universal tool today and it worked perfectly. Really fast and easy with the right tools. Put the tall front sight on the M17 getting the optic, and an X-Ray 3 front sight on another M17 that will not get an optic. Might as well replace the white dot Siglites on my P320c.

posted Hide Post
You can’t wrong with the MGW Pro or Range Master. I have replaced all of my gun specific sight tools with the Pro and various shoes.

Posts: 425 | Location: NC | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Beanhead
posted Hide Post
IF you have lots of pistols, the MGW Pro is a godsend.

Posts: 1352 | Location: Georgia | Registered: May 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sorry to derail, but was the plate with rear sight a CHPWS?

Posts: 1900 | Location: East Tennessee | Registered: October 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post