SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Doesn't Work:DPMS/Zahal P210 Guide Rod
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Doesn't Work:DPMS/Zahal P210 Guide Rod Login/Join 
posted
Quick Question: I tried installing my DPMS 210 Recoil System into my P-210 Target...about 1 year old. The original recoils spring is fine, and I wanted the added bonus of saving it and having a more durable recoil system from DPMS to enjoy.
I used the thin washer and shortest spring. I found it much stiffer to install than the original, but got it in place and everything back together.
The slide felt stiffer and I assumed the recoil could be better handled.
BUT the slide stop and hold open function wouldn;t work. Put in an empty mag, rack the slide, and it didn't stay open.
Take the slide out, rack the slide and it would stay open. The slide stop lever seemed jammed "down" and wouldn't rotate upward.
I took it all apart and made sure everything was seated OK and it repeated the failure to hold open and lever "binding".
I reinstalled the original recoil rod and spring, and everything worked fine.
So now I have an entire DPMS 210 Recoil System that apparently doesn't work in my 210.
***?

Posts: 957 | Registered: March 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Looking at the product page, their labelling notes, "only for 98.3mm length guide rod..." If your OEM rod is shorter, that may be the issue. The fix might be as simple as trimming springs, but you'll have to play with them.

Posts: 51 | Registered: August 22, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
No suggestions on a fix. Only input is I have 2 of their systems in a Walther and Glock, they cycle and function properly, and great recoil reduction.

Contact them with you problem, they may have packed the wrong springs. At the cost of the DPMS system,they should help you.

I've found after firing the guns with DPMS, they get even smoother.

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Used the same parts and mine is working perfectly. Verify you got the right kit?

Posts: 48 | Registered: July 25, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post